Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

Just now, MarVS said:

talking serious  i will probably leave BZ if my girl Nina is not back (probably no one cares lol)  :sad:  but she is my favorite model and this is her highlight of the year and her carrer will be officially dead if she is not back . :cry2:

Wow, you have so little faith in your girl! :ermm:

2 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

Wow, you have so little faith in your girl! :ermm:

what u mean u think she is in?

i do have faith in her , but its not her time to leave SI. and i love SI swimsuit i came here every year to see Nina mostly . 

Obviously I want Hannah F. to be back but I am ok  if she's not :yes: b/c I think SI hinders and pigeon holes her :/  She is actually a very strong editorial model and it is a shame she doesn't get to live up to her fullest potential b/c she is stereotyped as only a sexy swimwear model  and a "babe" :/ She is more versatile than people think. Perhaps distancing herself from SI would give her an opportunity to explore her other modeling strengths :D  Besides, I don't think SI pays that well (do they even pay at all?) and she deserves better. She is kinda too good for SI and she could definitely do much better if given the chance :thumbs_up: 

Nina has had 5 years of SI and a (shared) cover. The magazine isn’t going to give her any more exposure or boost- she’s gotten everything she probably will from SI, and if her career is ruined by this, then her career was DOA anyways. 

I agree with Pink on Hannah F- it’s unlikely Hannah will ever get a cover, and she’s gotten years of exposure from SI and been able to build up her industry portfolio but she’s definitely better off moving on and focusing on her HF career now. 

10 minutes ago, MarVS said:

what u mean u think she is in?

i do have faith in her , but its not her time to leave SI. and i love SI swimsuit i came here every year to see Nina mostly . 

I am not sure if she is in, but if she is not I don't think it is a huge deal nor will her career plummet or die :no2:  I was a bit disappointed and shocked you being such a superfan would think that :sad: Like I said about Hannah F., Nina doesn't need SI. She has reached the status she doesn't need SI (if anything they need her) and she is kinda too good for them. She could definitely do better :thumbs_up: I have faith she could continue to do great if you is willing to explore her options :yes: It is not like she is a total no name---she is on TV enough for people to have an idea of  who she is :hehe: 

2 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

Obviously I want Hannah F. to be back but I am ok  if she's not :yes: b/c I think SI hinders and pigeon holes her :/  She is actually a very strong editorial model and it is a shame she doesn't get to live up to her fullest potential b/c she is stereotyped as only a sexy swimwear model  and a "babe" :/ She is more versatile than people think. Perhaps distancing herself from SI would give her an opportunity to explore her other modeling strengths :D  Besides, I don't think SI pays that well (do they even pay at all?) and she deserves better. She is kinda too good for SI and she could definitely do much better if given the chance :thumbs_up: 

they dont pay . but Hannah is another history She is doing really well in HF and Carine loves her.

Nina works so little and will not make it in HF worst if she is out of SI.

SIdidnt give her a solo cover wish honestly she deserved it so much and i knew it will not happen since her cover with chrissy and lily  Anne V and Irina had 10 years in SI . i was especting a least Nina leave SI  for 2019 . im sad. sorry.

5 minutes ago, MarVS said:

they dont pay . but Hannah is another history She is doing really well in HF and Carine loves her.

Nina works so little and will not make it in HF worst if she is out of SI.

SIdidnt give her a solo cover wish honestly she deserved it so much and i knew it will not happen since her cover with chrissy and lily  Anne V and Irina had 10 years in SI . i was especting a least Nina leave SI  for 2019 . im sad. sorry.

And I think Hannah should do more HF stuff b/c she has potential. Not sure about her walk but she could definitely do editorials.  Ellen von Unwerth seems to have a way of bringing out her energy and natural talents so I hope they work together more often :hehe: 

TBH I don't think Nina would do well in HF but I think she is a VERY strong commercial model (can't say the same for Hannah F. :nicole: ).  Don't be sorry! :no2: I understand you are sad :yes: I am sure if she is willing to make an effort and given opportunities she will be fine. We will continue to see awesome work from her :hehe: 

7 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

And I think Hannah should do more HF stuff b/c she has potential. Not sure about her walk but she could definitely do editorials.  Ellen von Unwerth seems to have a way of bringing out her energy and natural talents so I hope they work together more often :hehe: 

TBH I don't think Nina would do well in HF but I think she is a VERY strong commercial model (can't say the same for Hannah F. :nicole: ).  Don't be sorry! :no2: I understand you are sad :yes: I am sure if she is willing to make an effort and given opportunities she will be fine. We will continue to see awesome work from her :hehe: 

hun... Hannah is doing a lot of HF Work... what u mean ... i saw her for CR, runways , vogue cover ,a recently ed with Mariano vivanco and mario testino. ed for vogue US , etc

her look is very commercial thats why she will not make it in HF ,Nina deserve a spot in SI thats all ....

i dont wanna be annoying sorry .

^ Yes, I was agree with you. She is doing a lot of HF work. When I think of HF I also think runway and I am haven't seen enough of her walk to determine is that one of her strengths. In other words, I hope she does more runway in addition to all the other HF stuff  :smile: 

^ I would care but I don’t think you care that much that I would care :laugh:

Maybe Nina is just tired and needs a break. She could come back refreshed next year or the year after that and she might get a solo cover out of it. Kinda like Kate Upton. Make SI miss her and feel like they should have appreciated her even more.

20 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

Location N° 1 - Bahamas
Photographer: Ben Watts
- Barbara Palvin
- Hailey Clauson
- Chase Carter - Rookie #1
- Danielle Herrington
- Lais Ribeiro
- Robin Holzken - Rookie #2

Location N°2 - Aruba
Photographer: Yu Tsai
- Myla Dalbesio
- Kate Upton
- Alexis Ren - Rookie #3
- Bianca Balti
- Sailor Brinkley Cook - Rookie #4
- Raven Lyn - Rookie #5

- Georgia Gibbs - Rookie #6

- Kate Wasley - Rookie #7

Location N°3 - Belize (Swim Search Shoot)

Photographer: Yu Tsai

- Iyonna Fairbanks

- Allie Ayers

- Tabria Majors

- Hayley Kalil

- Olivia Jordan

- Camille Kostek

Location N° 4 - Nevis
Photographer: Josie Clough

- Anne De Paula - Rookie #8

- Vita Sidorkina

- Samantha Hoopes

- Kate Bock

- Ashley Graham

- Jasmyn Wilkins - Rookie #9

The following models from last year seem to be missing:

Bo Krsmanovic

Hannah Ferguson

Hannah Jeter

Kelly Gale

Mia Kang

Nina Agdal

Robyn Lawley

And:

Alexa Ray Joel (2017 was more of a special event)

Christie Brinkley (2017 was more of a special event)

Chrissy Teigen (pregnant)

Rose Bertram (pregnant)

2 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Welp, now we know why there are so many rookies. 

The current SI 2018 lineup is terrible and if it’s final, I honestly won’t give a shit about SISE anymore. 

Bye Felicia!

Is your theory that they had to scramble to get new ones when a number of veterans declined the invitation?

If this is the final line up, I’ll say I’m looking forward to Hailey, Bianca, Lais, Robin, Raven, Anne and Jasmyn. I liked Iyonna from the model search but honestly none of them from it really excite me. 

I think it’s more likely MJ cleaned house to make room for all her diiiiversity this year. 

Looks like they’re regretting their choice of choosing Mia K for the search winner, since she’s out too. 

Hannah Jeter is a new mom so that could factor into her not being in the issue.

Out of the announced models, my cover favourites are perhaps:

1) Barbara

2) Vita

3) Samantha :laugh:

Yes, Samantha because she has been with the brand for a long time and to me she represents that swim girl to whom SI is their big break and best option for their career (since similar girls careerwise like Jessica Gomes and Genevieve Morton are no longer modelling for SI)

It would be nice to see Hailey Clauson get a true “solo” cover but since she barely worked the cover she did get, I think that being in the issue is enough for her. I’d rather see her try to get a career boost via VS next.