Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

I really think it'd make sense for Barbara to get the cover. She's done really well building her brand back up over the past two years and her shoots have both been good so far, she has good popularity and both men and women seem to like her. I do think as someone else pointed out though they could do a multi-girl cover to really hammer home that sexy at any size cliche.

16 minutes ago, jkjk said:

You're not suggesting they just made up the numbers?    :rofl:

4chan hackers ran a couple of simple scripts which creates anywhere from 40 to around 70 votes a second on each platform (pc/phone ect). This script ran almost nonstop for the last couple of days.  Each and every "vote" is from a different IP so tracking is impossible and to SI they look like legit voters. They wanted to see if they could get McGravy to win because why the fuck not. There is no fucking way she got that low of a percentage.

Also ...101%

BITCH LEARN TO CODE YOUR MATH ALGORITHMS :rofl:

I know this question is unlikely to be known by anyone, but I wonder when they pick ROTY. Do they decide while choosing which models will be in the issue? Do they wait until after the photo shoots?

I was just it seems unlikely to me that they chose ROTY this week.

22 minutes ago, jkjk said:

I know this question is unlikely to be known by anyone, but I wonder when they pick ROTY. Do they decide while choosing which models will be in the issue? Do they wait until after the photo shoots?

I was just it seems unlikely to me that they chose ROTY this week.

I think it is a variety of factors including popularity, how well the crew likes her, how well she she performed during her shoot, the model's agency making a deal and negotiating with SI, who they forecast will be a great ROI, etc. 

57 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

4chan hackers ran a couple of simple scripts which creates anywhere from 40 to around 70 votes a second on each platform (pc/phone ect). This script ran almost nonstop for the last couple of days.  Each and every "vote" is from a different IP so tracking is impossible and to SI they look like legit voters. They wanted to see if they could get McGravy to win because why the fuck not. There is no fucking way she got that low of a percentage.

Also ...101%

BITCH LEARN TO CODE YOUR MATH ALGORITHMS :rofl:

THANKS GOD THE POLL SI RIGGED

but i don't get it, with all this body positive bullshit why she's so low?? same for Kate

18 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

THANKS GOD THE POLL SI RIGGED

but i don't get it, with all this body positive bullshit why she's so low?? same for Kate

It is a marketing BS ploy to create buzz and to make it  seem as if they embrace body diversity. The larger women having low percentage doesn't really affect SI. They could blame low percentages on others and how they are not embracing body diversity, and if the percentages were high it makes SI look good for being "pioneers". They are the "heroes" either way.

8 minutes ago, jkjk said:

Everyone knows you really wanted Hunter to win.   :smile:

TBH, yes :D I think it would be kinda humorous :ninja: As I said before there was no way they were going to let Hunter win. It would have made it looked like it was rigged regardless was it or not. Also,  this whole body diversity thing is all PR. They don't really care. Similar to how Dove doesn't really care about body diversity but they want to come off in a good light :cain: 

3 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

Also,  this whole body diversity thing is all PR. They don't really care. Similar to how Dove doesn't really care about body diversity but they want to come off in a good light :cain: 

There is a quote about about this. I don't remember it exactly but it's something like this:

"If you wonder why a company does something, the answer is money."

3 minutes ago, jkjk said:

There is a quote about about this. I don't remember it exactly but it's something like this:

"If you wonder why a company does something, the answer is money."

I have interned at various ad agencies and currently work in Marketing & Communication. It all 100% true :thumbs_up: I don't necessarily disagree as long as it is within reasons.