Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

PINK:

You know something is very wrong on this show, when Pink is the killer segment.

-Bruno is perfection, incredible energy, and the music suits the fashion show!!

-Grace was better in the promo videos, don't think this edit made her justice. But she was on of the few highlights of this year show.

-All the girls had amazing high energy walks. Luma was so pretty, and this might be a unpopular opinion, but i think Lais O. was great!!

1 hour ago, ltwilla103 said:

I don't know why the notion that Gisele was the biggest model ever still exist. It's always backed up by Forbes financial numbers that she constantly says are false. She's iconic and definitely top 10 of all time but nowhere near the best. If we were ranking on skill she wouldn't be in the top 20. There have been many interviews where Adri has been asked about Gisele and here's a recent one in 2015 on Bloomberg. I just don't like that Adriana is being used to put Ale down. They aren't the same people and Adriana has been an angel far longer. VS loves them both and they both outdid all the other girls because they have 16 years of show experience. 

From my experience its mainly the opposite.

There is a difference between people generally liking somebody else more and another person getting put down for somebody else. I never go on a video of adriana, a blog article of alessandra, or an IG comment from ale's profile where an Adriana fan is rudely comparing ale to adriana.

But I do when I see adriana's IG comments, or blog sites, there is always that salty alessandra fan waiting put adriana down because Adriana has been put on a higher pedstale. Adriana puts teamlima in her caption, there is an alessandra fan saying team ambrosio. stuff like that. On a blog site you are more likely to hear adriana's name pop up under ale's post than ale's name pop on adriana's post.

Adriana fans aren't worried about alessandra that much because honestly, alessandra isn't viewed as much as a threat. There is no reason for a fan of Adriana to be worried about alessandra like that. Because she gets all her credit and gets to do amazing things.

I remember adriana getting attention for crying at the olympics had some fans of alessandra salty just because alessandra also got to pass the tourch. Well alessandra didn't cry lol .

They both has 16 years of show exprience, but Adriana been an angel 4 years before her, thats another thing some people need to remember.

Not even gonna comment the Hadid sisters thing...

SA:

-The Weeknd is great with the girls, is the kind of performer that let them shine!!

-Adriana, there's no more words to describe this woman, the best moment of the vsfs was this opening, sexy af!!!! QUEEN!!!

-A bunch of not so pretty models, with weird outfits.

-Irina, i was hoping more, kinda disappointing, but still better and sexier than half of the models there, without even trying.

-Bella, i try to like her, but her face is just to messed up, yikes

-Elsa, slay, as usual :angel:

-Georgia, favorite rookie, she needs to come back! 

-Sara, flawless!!!! she is one of the NA with the better walk(alongside with Elsa and Jasmine), love her outfit and wings, an those legs and butt :drool:

So I'm watching it and taking notes because lol. I'm going to put my thoghts here between segments.

TRA:

I liked Elsa's opening bt they show too many models?? (Taylor and Maria wtf) instead of focusing on her. The opening is special, they should show her?? 

Whatevs, I liked Bill, but she pointed and made me cry a little bit, but in the end she slayed so, yasss.

And I don't like the edit, they mix p too many models (the ones on the runway, about to get out, yelling in backstage...) i can't see well a lot ot outfits or the walks and I dind't know which girl was walking and who has behind??

Where was Lais in TRA? They showed her like 5 seconds.

Ming yelling "Kendall"... really...?

I've seen the complete walk from Cindy but no Elsa's opening?? Ok...

Martha's walk... please let her die and put her out of her misery.

2 hours ago, Corner said:

:rofl: Which interview?

Gisele was/is the biggest model in the planet but Adriana or any other model wasn't overshadowed by her during that era. Models back then had distinctive looks, instantly recognizable, individualized. Adriana was barely even doing interviews because her English was bad but she's was a standout beauty and more importantly... had charisma. And she successfully relied on that.

Alessandra on the other hand has always been loved/famous/beautiful/successful and I legit can't think of a VS show where she didn't look drop dead gorgeous. But idk people are different ... I honestly can't understand why she's isn't on the same as Adriana... I happens, people just have different effects on others and it's inexplicable. 

I think one thing is alessandra wasn't made an angel until 2004. Adriana been working with them in general since the 90s. It was the end but its still the 90s.

Personally for me, there are alot of reasons I can see for this. And I like them both. Clearly I like adriana more and thats probably why I can see why she gets all that she is supposed to .

A few thoughts after last night:

Hadids overdone;

Angels underdone (seriously and even with the Ed segment talking about how they're now "the" thing in HF! Ha! Well, freakin' show them then);

Adriana's walk and the Angels trying to copy it--love it; the edited segment about warming up backstage that featured two shots of Candice from prior shows--LOVED IT--bringing the girl in while she's away (and I thought of @Candylicious. as soon as I saw it);

Bill waaay underdone;

Elsa still managed to walk like a queen even when she was overshadowed by Bill's magnificence--too bad they decided not to show enough of her walk later;

but that was because we were all being Gaga-ed. Cue Amy Poehler---Really? Really?

12 minutes ago, TKC said:

But I do when I see adriana's IG comments, or blog sites, there is always that salty alessandra fan waiting put adriana down because Adriana has been put on a higher pedstale. Adriana puts teamlima in her caption, there is an alessandra fan saying team ambrosio. stuff like that. On a blog site you are more likely to hear adriana's name pop up under ale's post than ale's name pop on adriana's post.

Adriana fans aren't worried about alessandra that much because honestly, alessandra isn't viewed as much as a threat. There is no reason for a fan of Adriana to be worried about alessandra like that. Because she gets all her credit and gets to do amazing things.

I remember adriana getting attention for crying at the olympics had some fans of alessandra salty just because alessandra also got to pass the tourch. Well alessandra didn't cry lol .

They both has 16 years of show exprience, but Adriana been an angel 4 years before her, thats another thing some people need to remember.

You are literally trying to convince me that Adriana fans aren't pressed about Ale while being pressed about Ale. I like them both but I don't particularly stan for any celeb which is why I don't understand when it happens to either of them. Adriana's name being mentioned on Ale post is usually to say how much better Adriana is than Ale from what I've seen and it goes the other way. It's not right in either direction. My original point in the beginning is that fans love to pretended as if Ale is suffering because she's in Adriana's shadow when she isn't. I was also mentioning the fact that while fans love to have this Adriana vs Alessandra war that they should really be mad that the media treats Adriana like she won't be fully self actualized until she becomes Gisele. I highly doubt any of them are worried about the others because they all have careers and fans.

Adriana always the star!! But was just me who find it a little bit disrespectful to Ale when they make her do the Adriana walk like she was some New Angel, when she has done the same amount of shows as Adri?! :dontgetit:

DA:

-Taylor wasting her moment to shine, girl if you will continue to rely only on your flawless face, you'll star to be forgotten, not a good opening.

-Gigi, i like her, great attitude and walk, but she exaggerates in the posing.

-Good outfits, the proof that less is more.

-They keep hiding Lais body, why???

-Alessandra outfit was my fav, and she was flawless!!

-Don't like Joan, she looks old, but i like the wings!!

-Gaga :nicole:

2 minutes ago, ltwilla103 said:

You are literally trying to convince me that Adriana fans aren't pressed about Ale while being pressed about Ale. I like them both but I don't particularly stand for any celeb which is why I don't understand when it happens to either of them. Adriana's name being mentioned on Ale post is usually to say how much better Adriana is than Ale from what I've seen and it goes the other way. It's not right in either direction. My original point in the beginning is that fans love to pretended as if Ale is suffering because she's in Adriana's shadow when she isn't. I was also mentioning the fact that while fans love to have this Adriana vs Alessandra war that they should really be mad that the media treats Adriana like she won't be fully self actualized until she becomes Gisele. I highly doubt any of them are worried about the others because they all have careers and fans.

+1

Last segment:

-Bruno smashing it!!! I was dancing during the whole segment lol

wG66g.gif

-Stella is so boring!! And too skinny, that outfit didn't help.

-Georgia... I have a new favorite!! :mf_cupid:

-Jas, so so so pretty, and FB was stunning, sad they didn't make a video about it.

-Bella, yikes, girl wake up!!

-Maria B. is so freaking tall WOW, but those shoes with that outfit was so random.

-Pretty outfit for Lily D., but she needs to go!!!

-Irina is a goddess!

-Cute dance from Jo!

-Lily A. i think this was her worst show, she always had a disastrous walk, but her looks and attitude balance it, but in this show she was really bad. 

-Finale was rushed like the entire show!

3 hours ago, freya said:

I agree, I know they constantly say they are all such great friends but sometimes it seems that they are over-compensating and some friendships are obviously fake

There's no way they're all friends. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Blanca Padilla that implied in an interview a couple years ago that the now New Angels were really catty? She said something to the extent of the older VS girls being really nice (meaning Adriana, Ale, Lily, Candice, Behati), but the girls who had been there for an in between amount of years weren't very nice

It's very clear IMO that they don't all like each other. And that's completely normal. But the overselling of the sisterhood schtick is exhausting 

Also, what was the thing that Jasmine supposedly said about the girls and where was it said? I'm very curious, I always wondered what her thoughts about her peers were, especially when the whole Taylor/Sara racist comments things was exposed 

MR:

BORINGGGGGGGGGG

They didn't show up Loemie's walk at all :sad:

Flavia was fucked by Gaga, they didn't show her walk neither... and Romee had to literally stop to pose.

I didn't liked this segment. Is not bad, for me just boring.

PINK:

I would like to see more of Grace's opening but I loved her!!

Alanna oh my god i need her back next year. Total crush ♥

So much Lais O... why?? And almost no Lameka :sad:

LOVED Dilone's closing :smile: She has good vibes and she sure knows how to dance and model at the same time!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.