Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

That video of Stella's fitting is fun, but I don't like this hairstyle. I loved the hair in the early 2000 shows, and 2006 was perfect imo. Also, it's odd that Stella sounds American, yet she was born in Belgium, has Northern Irish parents, and grew up in NZ and Australia...? :p 

3 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

10Mag posted an IG story.

Ming, Sui, Valery, Daniela have all done their fittings alongside Barbs and Bella. 

@Kevork89 I have the same curiosity as you did with TRA, but @PinkCouture forbade me from even talking a single bit of it after the warning. Personally, inspiration or culture appropriate, some people will find something to say. In this case, that Asian dress might seem like an inspiration so its probably fine to just design it. But I'm sure some people would have preferred seeing an Asian in that outfit. And to be honest, Lais fitting in to that that feels out of place. 

Which reminds me... Personal note to Pink, like I said, someone else might have had the same thought. What's your reasoning for the warning? Haven't gotten your response on Kells calling a model ugly in an inappropriate way too.

You wanna start saying something? Because I'm starting to think what you did was out of favoritism for certain board members.

yeah I had same thoughts about possible backlash too but I can't recall any for the exotic traveler segment, so they should be fine with this one as well (?) 

Sara's outfit could might as well be in the Angel Ball-segment but it's still smoking hot. 

PS: yeah I remember reading the warning from Pink but it was indicated that you've made insensitive remarks on that subject before. 

I don't know about Lais in that outfit, but I guess Sophia (or whoever gets to choose which model should wear which outfit) thought she might fit that outfit best. I guess that's also the very factor for casting the girls. It's not always about who's the prettiest but also finding the right girl for the outfits. And since they do have ridiculous outfits they would choose a not-so-hot model for it. I bet that's the very reason why Dorothea was cast in 2012 because they needed a model to wear that stupid toy outfit. So VS is not (always) blind with their castings. 

3 minutes ago, VSfan88 said:

I don't know about Lais in that outfit, but I guess Sophia (or whoever gets to choose which model should wear which outfit) thought she might fit that outfit best. I guess that's also the very factor for casting the girls. It's not always about who's the prettiest but also finding the right girl for the outfits. And since they do have ridiculous outfits they would choose a not-so-hot model for it. I bet that's the very reason why Dorothea was cast in 2012 because they needed a model to wear that stupid toy outfit. So VS is not (always) blind with their castings. 

I think it's been fairly obvious why they've casted girls in the past. Yumi, Dorothea, Maud, Megan would never work in mainline they had that Pink look which is why they were cast. Of course they do that for certain girls with certain looks. Makes sense.

How can the angels handle this? Those girls work for VS and VS only the whole year, I mean, they literally give their lives to the brand and that's how VS payback?? Giving the angels 3 outfits should be a statement since they work the whole year for them! I know they're being paid and they're doing nothing but their work, but its not about just money... It's about loyalty too! These girls are their future, and someday they'll be tired of being treated like shit! Seriously, the angels should really have a talk with Ed and Sophia and speak up on their 'rights'!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.