Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2016

Stromboli1

Belgium-Italy was pretty much the ultimate example of the difference that a coach and his philosophy can make to a game. It beggars belief that despite being 1-0 down and facing at least three defenders on yellow cards, Hazard and De Bruyne didn’t try to run at them more. Lukaku was atrocious too, if rather isolated by Fellaini's inability to turn and run forward. All is not lost for Belgium though, at least not yet. Origi might be erratic in front of goal, but his mobility and close control caused Italy problems. I can't imagine there's any conceivable way that he and Dembele don't start the next game.

When was the last time an Italian team came to a big tournament without being described as ‘ageing’? It might be time we did away with it as a word implying some kind of limitation or weakness in reference to international football. :laugh:

That was quite fun, wasn’t it? What a terrific result for Hungary, one of the real outsiders at the tournament. :thumbsup:

While Ronaldo and Bale continue grabbing the headlines for being miles better than any of their teammates, the much less heralded Alaba seems to be in a similar position with Austria. He was by far their best player, always involved at both ends of the pitch and really unlucky not to grab himself a goal.

So great for Hungary ! 

On 14/06/2016 at 6:28 PM, Michael* said:

Belgium-Italy was pretty much the ultimate example of the difference that a coach and his philosophy can make to a game. It beggars belief that despite being 1-0 down and facing at least three defenders on yellow cards, Hazard and De Bruyne didn’t try to run at them more. Lukaku was atrocious too, if rather isolated by Fellaini's inability to turn and run forward. All is not lost for Belgium though, at least not yet. Origi might be erratic in front of goal, but his mobility and close control caused Italy problems. I can't imagine there's any conceivable way that he and Dembele don't start the next game.

When was the last time an Italian team came to a big tournament without being described as ‘ageing’? It might be time we did away with it as a word implying some kind of limitation or weakness in reference to international football. :laugh:

Italia will stay Italia, you don't have 4 stars on your jersey for nothing lol 

18 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

I read a piece on CR7 that made me feel for the dude last night. Then he says shit like this...

I’d suggest Cristiano take a long hard look in the mirror, but well, you know. :pinch:

Iceland’s presence alone at the Euros is a minor miracle, they used what was available to them and produced a wonderful fighting performance. The last few games have really proved that individual stars can be upstaged by teams full of spirit.

The writers in Reykjavik played a blinder last night, too... :rofl: