Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2016

Stromboli1

Well done Northern Ireland. Germany seemed able to slice through them at will at times, but those magnificent fans have their goalkeeper to thank for a spot in the knockout rounds. :thumbsup:

I was a bit sad that I couldn't focus on Czech Republic-Turkey while it was happening, it looked really exciting. Turkey should just about squeeze through, to play either France or Wales if I’m reading UEFA's table correctly. Sadly though, it'll probably be at the expense of Albania, who I think brought more to the tournament in their three games.

As much as I've enjoyed some of Sweden's past teams, the way they've played in this tournament so far has bordered on cringeworthy. After failing to register so much as a shot on target in two whole games, you wonder whether Courtois will even need to turn up tonight.

2 hours ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

CMTV is utter garbage. I'm no screaming Ronaldo fan, but those reporters are worse than the Sun. He has a history with them, they've harassed them and his family. I'd probably throw their microphone in a pond too, if I was in his position.

That being said, :p I love a good Ronaldo story. His comments after Iceland were egregiously misguided at best.

Calling upon all the saints for a miracle against Italy. Not going to happen, but at least we've won hearts? 

The true treasure was friendship and respect, this entire time.

Best group by a distance, with some truly great entertainment. Ronaldo turned up when his country needed him most in the tournament, in the only way he really knows how. Still lovely to see Iceland finish ahead of them, though. Croatia will start as favourites against Portugal, but it's going to be a cracking match.

Rather heartwarming to see Hungary back among Europe's elite, considering their rich history in the game. They won the group in some style too, who'd have thought it? :o

1 hour ago, Michael* said:

Best group by a distance, with some truly great entertainment. Ronaldo turned up when his country ego needed him most in the tournament, in the only way he really knows how. Still lovely to see Iceland finish ahead of them, though. Croatia will start as favourites against Portugal, but it's going to be a cracking match.

Rather heartwarming to see Hungary back among Europe's elite, considering their rich history in the game. They won the group in some style too, who'd have thought it? :o

6TndGJ5I.gif

:clap:Hajrá Magyarok!!

Also happy for Iceland, I like their fans the most :smile:

I've got my money on Wales or I'd definitely want Iceland to go all the way :heart: 'Small mentality'. Best revenge is success, no?

Decided not to be a baby and watch Ireland - Italy and now I want to cry. Spectacular.

I read something earlier that said at least one of the teams in the finals this year will be one that has never won a major tournament. Amazing.

What a phenomenal achievement by those boys in green (well, white tonight). I really thought it was over for them when Hoolahan fluffed his big chance, but the result was no more than they and their magnificent supporters deserved.

Everyone should brace themselves for the mother of all grudge matches on Sunday. :boxing:

13 hours ago, Lyla said:

6TndGJ5I.gif

:clap:Hajrá Magyarok!!

Also happy for Iceland, I like their fans the most :smile:

Well yeah, Ronaldo has an ego, but love him or hate him, he brings entertainment and today he showed his class. His first goal was ridiculous, and his pass for Nani was stunning. To be honest, I didn't even think he had an assist like that in him.

Hungary were fantastic though and deserved to win the group. Can't help being thrilled by Iceland too, because who doesn't love a great underdog story. For all the talk of them being England's best case scenario in the next round, they'll probably set up in a very similar way to Slovakia, who we weren't good enough to break down. Personally, I'd much rather have had another crack at Portugal, who look comically poor at the back.

Overall, a great day of football. I hope it continues into the knockout rounds. :thumbsup: