Bellazon

Maggie Rawlins
Thumbnail

DanniCullen

5 hours ago, MadiFans said:

QUIT POSTING STUFF FROM 5-YEARS AGO!!!

You keep posting old stuff.

STOP!!! It's F'ing annoying.

Search through ALL the posts manually if you have to first before posting.

Man, somebody got out of bed on the wrong side this morning... :) 

In point of fact, I've been through the thread manually several times. When I find an older post from the same shoot, I try only to post either better sizes or different ones.

I notice that the last three posts you made in this thread were single photos with no source or photog. This doesn't help when we search a thread to see that we're not posting any duplicates.

As far as this shoot goes, I went through the whole thread up to about 2019 and I still didn't see it. If I have posted duplicates, then please forgive. 

17 minutes ago, Shale586 said:

In point of fact, I've been through the thread manually several times. When I find an older post from the same shoot, I try only to post either better sizes or different ones.

I notice that the last three posts you made in this thread were single photos with no source or photog. This doesn't help when we search a thread to see that we're not posting any duplicates.

As far as this shoot goes, I went through the whole thread up to about 2019 and I still didn't see it. If I have posted duplicates, then please forgive. 

Just keep doing what you want and thank you, people round here always have shit to say, thats why i stopped posting. Keyboard warriors.

9 hours ago, MadiFans said:

QUIT POSTING STUFF FROM 5-YEARS AGO!!!

You keep posting old stuff.

STOP!!! It's F'ing annoying.

Search through ALL the posts manually if you have to first before posting.

As annoying as it is for you to see repeated photos, there is a much better way to communicate your annoyance than this. You have to put in mind that whoever posts repeats is at least trying to contribute and share stuff with everybody. Posts from you like the one I quoted may make people stop posting and so I hope next time you convey your message in a calmer way. 

14 minutes ago, Stika_Boom said:

As annoying as it is for you to see repeated photos, there is a much better way to communicate your annoyance than this. You have to put in mind that whoever posts repeats is at least trying to contribute and share stuff with everybody. Posts from you like the one I quoted may make people stop posting and so I hope next time you convey your message in a calmer way. 

^ that part

5 minutes ago, Slam12 said:

Shale,

Insert waynes world we're not worthy gif 

In all seriousness. How are you finding all of this that hasnt been found by everyone else. Teach us

Thankfully, 

Your padewan

Lol, why thank you, young grasshopper.

Here's some of my technique:

1. I familiarize myself with the thread first. It's very rare to find a model that doesn't already have a thread. One time I was frustrated with the poor quality and number of missing old posts for a model, so I started a new thread, but the mods intervened and merged them.

2. Normally I stick to threads that have one or two pages only - they're easier to review and search. When I discovered Maggie's thread, it already had 50 pages! And this was around the time that the search function by thread was disabled - ARRGH! - happily, it is back.

3. Maggie's thread has had some veteran posters who found some wonderful shoots, so I make note of the photographers they identified, the magazine shoots or fashion shoots that the model was in, and mark those as done. Saves me a lot of time in searching out the same stuff that the master posters have already found.

4. A simple Google or Bing search for the modelling agency pages, the model's social media, and any interviews or editorials brings up a wealth of sources. One thing I always try to do is when a FB or IG post identifies the photographer, I click through to the photographer's account, and hopefully their own webpage. Many photographers get lazy about identifying the models in their shoots, so quite often, it is easy to find unlabelled photos of our Maggie.

5. Get creative with your search engines. Instead of just typing Maggie Rawlins in the search box, try "Maggie Rawlins" or "@maggierawlins" or try combining it with the name of the photographer or vendor like GUESS.

6. I try to collect as many photos from one photographer as I can, before posting them. This way, I can sort, eliminate dupes, find better quality versions of the same image, and sometimes even post them in order! Once I have found a few, Bing Reverse Image Search will often bring to light similar images from the same shoot. Google Reverse Image Search is not as good for that, but it will find different versions of the exact same photo.

7. Before I post anything, I always search the thread first for the photographers name, or the ad campaign. This makes it a challenge, as many newbie posters don't bother to identify the photog or their source. And yes, scrolling through 50+ pages is a chore, but I try to do that too. I'm not always successful, and that is why if I discover that I HAVE made a duplicate post, I will edit and delete the pics.

8. When I post, I try really hard to remember to include the name of the photographer at the very least (assuming that it is possible), to give them their due credit. This is not always possible when we find pics on VS or AdoreMe or other retailer's websites, because many of these are product shots and don't identify the original photographer.

So thank you for asking. Good luck and good hunting! And just for you, here's a Maggie pic from photographer Gilles Bensimmon, the one he used for the cover of the latest MAXIM mag:

gilles_bensimon_175540526_1091426961344817_2367088382730253591_n.jpg

8 hours ago, Shale586 said:

Well, it has been said plenty of times already but...

By al means, keep on posting :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken: 

48 minutes ago, Shale586 said:

Lol, why thank you, young grasshopper.

Here's some of my technique:

1. I familiarize myself with the thread first. It's very rare to find a model that doesn't already have a thread. One time I was frustrated with the poor quality and number of missing old posts for a model, so I started a new thread, but the mods intervened and merged them.

2. Normally I stick to threads that have one or two pages only - they're easier to review and search. When I discovered Maggie's thread, it already had 50 pages! And this was around the time that the search function by thread was disabled - ARRGH! - happily, it is back.

3. Maggie's thread has had some veteran posters who found some wonderful shoots, so I make note of the photographers they identified, the magazine shoots or fashion shoots that the model was in, and mark those as done. Saves me a lot of time in searching out the same stuff that the master posters have already found.

4. A simple Google or Bing search for the modelling agency pages, the model's social media, and any interviews or editorials brings up a wealth of sources. One thing I always try to do is when a FB or IG post identifies the photographer, I click through to the photographer's account, and hopefully their own webpage. Many photographers get lazy about identifying the models in their shoots, so quite often, it is easy to find unlabelled photos of our Maggie.

5. Get creative with your search engines. Instead of just typing Maggie Rawlins in the search box, try "Maggie Rawlins" or "@maggierawlins" or try combining it with the name of the photographer or vendor like GUESS.

6. I try to collect as many photos from one photographer as I can, before posting them. This way, I can sort, eliminate dupes, find better quality versions of the same image, and sometimes even post them in order! Once I have found a few, Bing Reverse Image Search will often bring to light similar images from the same shoot. Google Reverse Image Search is not as good for that, but it will find different versions of the exact same photo.

7. Before I post anything, I always search the thread first for the photographers name, or the ad campaign. This makes it a challenge, as many newbie posters don't bother to identify the photog or their source. And yes, scrolling through 50+ pages is a chore, but I try to do that too. I'm not always successful, and that is why if I discover that I HAVE made a duplicate post, I will edit and delete the pics.

8. When I post, I try really hard to remember to include the name of the photographer at the very least (assuming that it is possible), to give them their due credit. This is not always possible when we find pics on VS or AdoreMe or other retailer's websites, because many of these are product shots and don't identify the original photographer.

So thank you for asking. Good luck and good hunting! And just for you, here's a Maggie pic from photographer Gilles Bensimmon, the one he used for the cover of the latest MAXIM mag:

gilles_bensimon_175540526_1091426961344817_2367088382730253591_n.jpg

Keep posting. You do in a differentiated way and who is a fan of Maggie Rawlins and is not cognitively incapable, possibly will appreciate. And not enjoying, will go through the post without feeling bothering or being rude.

Here's a good way to illustrate - thought I had hit a motherlode with Anthropologie, but then did a thread search for the name, and found that both @Kane and @Modelove had already made posts, one with various clothing, and one with mainly intimates. So I only saved different ones that I found. Herewith, from Anthropologie:

MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (1).jpg MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (1).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (2).jpg MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (2).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (3).jpg MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (3).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (4).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (5).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (6).jpg MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (6).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (7).jpg MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (7).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (8).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (9).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (10).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (11).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (12).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (13).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (14).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (15).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (16).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (17).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (18).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (19).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (20).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (21).png MaggieRawlins_Anthropologie (22).png