Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament

alluringbeauties

Four more results are in!

Knockout Stage - Second Round

#14 Hannah Ferguson (80.1%) defeated Dominique Piek (19.9%)
#21 Josie Maran (67.9%) defeated Raica Oliveira (32.1%)
#14 Hannah Ferguson vs. #21 Josie Maran will face each other in the Third Round

#17 Genevieve Morton (65.3%) defeated Daniella Sarahyba (34.7%)
#6 Petra Nemcova (70.5%) defeated Izabel Goulart (29.5%)
#17 Genevieve Morton and #6 Petra Nemcova will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:
Favorites regained control in today’s batch of matches, as four top-25 ranked models advanced to the Third Round. Most impressively, #14 Hannah Ferguson got over 80% of the vote against a very tough opponent in Dominique Piek. Hannah will face #21 Josie Maran, who expectedly had no trouble with Raica Oliveira.

The other Third Round matchup will feature #17 Genevieve Morton and #6 Petra Nemcova in what should be a great one. Genevieve easily defeated Daniella Sarahyba, and Petra likewise had an easy time with Izabel Goulart. Neither were pushover opponents, but they were easy victories nonetheless. That bodes well for the upcoming matchup.

Current Knockout Stage Bracket: here

Four more results are in!

Michelle Vawer (56.1%) defeated #7 Kathy Ireland (43.9%)
Laetitia Casta (55.3%) defeated Estella Warren (44.7%)
Michelle Vawer and Laetitia Casta will face each other in the Third Round

Rose Bertram (57.2%) defeated #19 Christie Brinkley (42.8%)
#16 Cintia Dicker (51.5%) defeated Emily DiDonato (48.5%)
Rose Bertram and #16 Cintia Dicker will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:
Two more SI Swimsuit legends went down today, as #7 Kathy Ireland lost to the surging Michelle Vawer, and #19 Christie Brinkley was knocked off by hot rookie Rose Bertram. Rose will face #16 Cintia Dicker, who narrowly escaped an upset at the hands of Emily DiDonato. Michelle Vawer will face French supermodel Laetitia Casta, who won a close one against Estella Warren.

The final 32 models are set, and the upcoming matches look like this:

Jule Campbell Region:
#2 Marisa Miller (USA, 16-2-0, 67.8%) vs. Isabeli Fontana (BRA, 8-2-1, 68.0%)

#20 Yamila Diaz-Rahi (ARG, 11-2-0, 61.9%) vs. #13 Hannah Davis (VIR, 12-2-0, 66.8%)

Aurelie Claudel (FRA, 8-3-0, 67.2%) vs. Michelle Lombardo (USA, 8-2-0, 54.3%)

#25 Rebecca Romijn (USA, 9-2-0, 73.1%) vs. Cindy Crawford (USA, 12-2-0, 70.4%)

My predictions: Marisa Miller, Hannah Davis, Aurelie Claudel, Rebecca Romijn

Elaine Farley Region:
#5 Brooklyn Decker (USA, 16-2-0, 71.0%) vs. #22 Emily Ratajkowski (USA, 9-1-0, 62.3%)

Lauren Mellor (RSA, 6-2-0, 73.2%) vs. #11 Paulina Porizkova (CZE, 11-2-0, 72.6%)

#10 Irina Shayk (RUS, 11-3-0, 66.5%) vs. Judit Masco (ESP, 8-2-0, 61.7%)

Natasha Barnard (RSA, 9-2-0, 75.4%) vs. #3 Elle Macpherson (AUS, 14-2-0, 70.2%)

My predictions: Brooklyn Decker, Lauren Mellor, Irina Shayk, Elle Macpherson

Diane Smith Region:
#4 Nina Agdal (DEN, 17-2-0, 73.5%) vs. Niki Taylor (USA, 4-4-0, 56.1%)

Hilary Rhoda (USA, 8-2-0, 65.6%) vs. Alyssa Miller (USA, 9-2-0, 65.2%)

#14 Hannah Ferguson (USA, 9-2-1, 65.0%) vs. #21 Josie Maran (USA, 12-2-0, 70.2%)

#17 Genevieve Morton (RSA, 10-2-0, 69.5%) vs. #6 Petra Nemcova (CZE, 13-2-0, 72.0%)

My predictions: Nina Agdal, Alyssa Miller, Hannah Ferguson, Petra Nemcova

M.J. Day Region:
Michelle Vawer (USA, 7-4-0, 60.5%) vs. Laetitia Casta (FRA, 10-2-0, 65.7%)

Rose Bertram (BEL, 3-0-0, 72.4%) vs. #16 Cintia Dicker (BRA, 11-2-0, 68.7%)

#15 Kate Upton (USA, 11-2-0, 68.4%) vs. Jessica Gomes (AUS, 6-3-0, 67.0%)

#24 Sara Sampaio (POR, 9-1-0, 68.4%) vs. #1 Bar Refaeli (ISR, 17-1-0, 71.3%)

My predictions: Michelle Vawer, Rose Bertram, Kate Upton, Bar Refaeli

What do you think? Agree with me? Disagree?

I had forgotten to post the last batch of results.  See below:

#15 Kate Upton (66.8%) defeated Monica Bellucci (33.2%)
Jessica Gomes (56.4%) defeated Kim Cloutier (43.6%)
#15 Kate Upton and Jessica Gomes will face each other in the Third Round

#24 Sara Sampaio (66.8%) defeated Carolyn Murphy (33.2%)
#1 Bar Refaeli (76.8%) defeated Lujan Fernandez (23.2%)
#24 Sara Sampaio and #1 Bar Refaeli will face each other in the Third Round

The first results of the Third Round matches are in, which means that four models have advanced to the Sexy Sixteen!

Knockout Stage - Third Round

#2 Marisa Miller (79.4%) defeated Isabeli Fontana (20.6%)
#13 Hannah Davis (55.3%) defeated #20 Yamila Diaz-Rahi (44.7%)
#2 Marisa Miller and #13 Hannah Davis will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

Aurelie Claudel (64.4%) defeated Michelle Lombardo (35.6%)
#25 Rebecca Romijn (61.9%) defeated Cindy Crawford (38.1%)
Aurelie Claudel and #25 Rebecca Romijn will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
The group is headlined by #2 Marisa Miller, who easily defeated Brazilian beauty Isabeli Fontana. Marisa’s performance was very impressive, as voting in this one was never close. As a result, the 2013 tournament champion moves on to her third consecutive appearance in the Sexy Sixteen. There, Marisa will face #13 Hannah Davis. The future Mrs. Jeter had a tight match with #20 Yamila Diaz-Rahi but prevailed in the end. Hannah is making her first appearance in the Sexy Sixteen. Ironically, both models lost by similar close scores to eventual champion Bar Refaeli in the 2014 tournament: Hannah in the Round of 32 and Marisa in the Sexy Sixteen.

The other part of the bracket will be filled out by Aurelie Claudel and #25 Rebecca Romijn. Aurelie capitalized on the momentum of her upset win over Heidi Klum and had an easy victory over upstart Michelle Lombardo. Aurelie lost in the First Round of the 2014 tournament and didn’t even make it out of the Qualifying Draw in the inaugural 2013 tournament. So, an appearance in the Sexy Sixteen is unexpected, to say the least, even though Aurelie is ultra sexy.

Finally, let’s show some love to Aurelie’s Sexy Sixteen opponent, #25 Rebecca Romijn. Rebecca knocked off surging supermodel Cindy Crawford rather easily, and she looks like she’ll pose big matchup problems to anyone. It is Rebecca’s first Sexy Sixteen appearance, as well, so we’re guaranteed to have a newbie in the Quarterfinal Round.

Sorry about missing these. I had posted the results on my blog and apparently forgot to do so on the forum. Oops! :)

The next results of the Third Round matches are in, and four more models have advanced to the Sexy Sixteen!

#5 Brooklyn Decker (68.9%) defeated #22 Emily Ratajkowski (31.1%)
#11 Paulina Porizkova (53.7%) defeated Lauren Mellor (46.3%)
#5 Brooklyn Decker and #11 Paulina Porizkova will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

#10 Irina Shayk (88.1%) defeated Judit Masco (11.9%)
#3 Elle Macpherson (67.9%) defeated Natasha Barnard (32.1%)
#10 Irina Shayk and #3 Elle Macpherson will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
The biggest story from this batch of matches is Irina Shayk’s total domination of Judit Masco. Irina received over 88% of the votes, and she moves on to her second Sexy Sixteen after getting knocked out in the Round of 32 last year. Irina’s next opponent is none other than The Body, Elle Macpherson. Elle had a very impressive win over a tough opponent, as she received more than 2/3 of the vote against Natasha Barnard. This is Elle’s third Sexy Sixteen appearance in the three years of the tournament.

Brooklyn Decker and Emily Ratajkowski also met in the 2014 tournament, when Brooklyn prevailed in a relatively close match and gained over 57% of the vote. This year, Brooklyn turned it up a notch and garnered almost 69% of the vote, and she sends Emily home unhappy for the second straight year. In fact, Brooklyn is the only model to have beaten Emily, and now she’s done it twice. This will be the third consecutive Sexy Sixteen for Brooklyn, who has actually advanced to the Semifinals in each of the tournaments so far.

Finally, Paulina Porizkova continued to impress in a competitive victory over Lauren Mellor. Lauren had very good support and proved this year that she belongs amongst the better SI models. This will be Paulina’s second consecutive Sexy Sixteen. Last year, she lost to Julie Henderson in the Sexy Sixteen, and in 2013, she lost to Bar Refaeli in the Round of 32.

The next results of the Third Round matches are in, and four models have advanced to the Sexy Sixteen!

#4 Nina Agdal (64.9%) defeated Niki Taylor (35.1%)
Alyssa Miller (61.4%) defeated Hilary Rhoda (38.6%)
#4 Nina Agdal and Alyssa Miller will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

#21 Josie Maran (58.9%) defeated #14 Hannah Ferguson (41.1%)
#6 Petra Nemcova (56.9%) defeated #17 Genevieve Morton (43.1%)
#21 Josie Maran and #6 Petra Nemcova will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
Nina Agdal ended the Cinderella run of Niki Taylor and advanced to her third consecutive Sexy Sixteen. Nina has actually been to the Semifinals one year and the Championship the next, so she’s hoping to follow the next logical progression to Champion. Nina will next have to get by another model making a surprising deep run, as Alyssa Miller advanced to her first Sexy Sixteen with a win over Hilary Rhoda.

The other part of the bracket featured two matches with all models ranked in the top 25. So, we expected a couple of competitive matches, and that’s what we got. Josie Maran pulled away from Hannah Ferguson at the end, and Petra Nemcova did the same over Genevieve Morton.

Last year, Josie and Hannah met at exactly the same stage of the tournament, and Hannah won easily. This year, though, Josie exacted her revenge! So, Josie advances to her second Sexy Sixteen. Petra will me making her second consecutive Sexy Sixteen appearance, after having made the Semifinals last year.