Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament

alluringbeauties

The next results are in!

Knockout Stage - First Round

Ana Beatriz Barros (69.1%) defeated Fernanda Motta (30.9%)
Ana Beatriz Barros advances to the Second Round and will face #5 Brooklyn Decker

Kelly Rohrbach (58.4%) defeated Kristy Hinze (41.6%)
Kelly Rohrbach advances to the Second Round and will face #11 Paulina Porizkova

Jenna de Rosnay (71.5%) defeated Louise Forsling (28.5%)
Jenna de Rosnay advances to the Second Round and will face #10 Irina Shayk

Jarah Mariano (59.4%) defeated Robyn Lawley (40.6%)
Jarah Mariano advances to the Second Round and will face #3 Elle Macpherson

My spin:
The headline for today is Kelly Rohrbach, SI’s official 2015 Rookie of the Year, pulling off the upset against Kristy Hinze. Kristy had entered the match with a 9-3 career record, but win #10 didn’t materialize. Kelly moves on to face #11 Paulina Porizkova, which will be a huge test for the rookie.

Ana Beatriz Barros won the Battle of Brazil, and she’ll move on to a tough test next as #5 Brooklyn Decker awaits. I find it highly unlikely that ABB can survive that test, but that’s why we open it up for voting.

Surfer turned model Jenna de Rosnay continued her good performance in this tournament and easily beat Louise Forsling to advance to the Second Round and a stiff test against Russian beauty Irina Shayk, the #10 seed.

Finally, Robyn Lawley missed her opportunity to face fellow Aussie and role model Elle Macpherson as she was vanquished by Jarah Mariano. So, it’s Jarah who will try to overcome The Body in the next round.

Current Knockout Stage Bracket: here

The next results are in!

Ashley Richardson (62.0%) defeated Molly Sims (38.0%)
Ashley Richardson advances to the Second Round and will face #4 Nina Agdal

Alyssa Miller (72.8%) defeated Noemie Lenoir (27.2%)
Alyssa Miller advances to the Second Round and will face #12 Daniela Pestova

Dominique Piek (66.8%) defeated Marloes Horst (33.2%)
Dominique Piek advances to the Second Round and will face #14 Hannah Ferguson

Izabel Goulart (73.4%) defeated Chrissy Teigen (26.6%)
Izabel Goulart advances to the Second Round and will face #6 Petra Nemcova

My spin:
Ashley Richardson and Molly Sims figured to be a very close match, at least in my estimation, but Ashley won going away to send Molly home unhappy. Ashley’s next task is nearly impossible: knock off #4 Nina Agdal. Good luck, Ashley.

Chrissy Teigen’s ride in 2015 is over, as she was trounced by Izabel Goulart. Izabel improved her career record to 7-3 with the win, with an AVP of over 65%. Chrissy, meanwhile, dropped to 6-3 lifetime with a very lackluster 52% AVP. What seems to happen to Chrissy is that she beats the models she should beat, but then gets beaten soundly when facing tougher competition. Chrissy’s losses have come against Marisa Miller, Julie Henderson, and now Izabel Goulart. In those losses, Chrissy’s highest vote percentage was actually the 26.6% she got this year against Izabel. So, she’s not even being competitive in those tougher matches.

Dominique Piek, one of my favorite models, advanced with a convincing win over Marloes Horst, and she’ll move on to face #14 Hannah Ferguson in a very interesting Second Round matchup. I think this one has the makings of an upset.

Finally, Alyssa Miller took care of Noemie Lenoir, as expected, and will face one of the Czech powerhouses, #12 Daniela Pestova. Daniela’s obviously the favorite, but I think Alyssa might be able to make Daniela sweat.

The last of the First Round results are in, and we’re down to 64 models remaining in the 2015 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament!

The Second Round will start after I take a break from posting for the holidays, so I plan to start them back up on roughly January 3. I wish everyone a great holiday season!

Michelle Vawer (72.5%) defeated Carre Otis (27.5%)
Michelle Vawer advances to the Second Round and will face #7 Kathy Ireland

Emily DiDonato (65.7%) defeated Samantha Hoopes (34.3%)
Emily DiDonato advances to the Second Round and will face #16 Cintia Dicker

Monica Bellucci (62.0%) defeated Juliana Martins (38.0%)
Monica Bellucci advances to the Second Round and will face #15 Kate Upton

Lujan Fernandez (84.7%) defeated Ana Paula Lemes (15.3%)
Lujan Fernandez advances to the Second Round and will face #1 Bar Refaeli

My spin:
Emily DiDonato figured to be in a close battle with her contemporary, Samantha Hoopes. However, Emily won rather easily, improving to 6-2 for her tournament career and moving on to face #16 Cintia Dicker. That match is also primed for an upset. Emily is ranked #91, but I think that matchup against Cintia is actually favorable for Emily. We’ll see!

Italian beauty Monica Bellucci continued her surprising run through the tournament, as the #124 model knocked off Juliana Martins. Monica will look to continue that run against #15 Kate Upton. Will that be an upset? I think it’s possible but don’t expect to see it happen. Kate has too much support.

Michelle Vawer ended Carre Otis’ run, and that sets up a very interesting Second Round match against #7 Kathy Ireland. Kathy is obviously the SI legend, but this one could be problematic for her. Michelle has what it takes to make this thing close.

Finally, Ana Paula Lemes was probably the biggest surprise in the Knockout Stage, as she took advantage of a favorable group and advanced.  But, her first match showed that she’s probably a bit outclassed amongst these better models. Lujan Fernandez simply smoked Ana Paula, getting almost 85% of the vote, and Lujan is ranked #105! So, it was a nice run for Ana Paula, but it ends here. Alas, Lujan is likely destined for the same fate, as she’ll run into a buzzsaw named Bar Refaeli in her next match.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, everyone. I'm ba-a-a-a-ack!! :)

Back from a relaxing holiday, I will be posting the first four matches of the Second Round later tonight, and oh my goodness they are great ones! Check out the lineup:

(2) Marisa Miller vs. Elsa Benitez

Stacey Williams vs. Isabeli Fontana

Kylie Bax vs. (20) Yamila Diaz-Rahi

Stephanie Seymour vs. (13) Hannah Davis

Amazing matches, especially Marisa vs. Elsa and Stephanie vs. Hannah. Can't wait to get started, but I need a few more minutes than I have right now to get the posting ready. See you all soon!!

I’m a little late with these, but the first 4 results from the Second Round are in!

Knockout Stage - Second Round

#2 Marisa Miller (68.8%) defeated Elsa Benitez (31.2%)
Isabeli Fontana (69.3%) defeated Stacey Williams (30.7%)
#2 Marisa Miller and Isabeli Fontana will face each other in the Third Round

#20 Yamila Diaz-Rahi (90.1%) defeated Kylie Bax (9.9%)
#13 Hannah Davis (58.2%) defeated Stephanie Seymour (41.8%)
#20 Yamila Diaz-Rahi and #13 Hannah Davis will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:
The favorites won three out of four matches, but the one exception was Isabeli Fontana’s convincing victory over Stacey Williams. Isabeli improves to 8-2-1 in her tournament career and will face her toughest challenge yet in the Third Round when she matches up against #2 Marisa Miller. Marisa, the 2013 tournament champion, won easily over a tough competitor in Elsa Benitez.

The other Third Round matchup will feature a couple of titans: #20 Yamila Diaz-Rahi, who pummeled upstart Kylie Bax, and #13 Hannah Davis, who dispatched of supermodel Stephanie Seymour.

The next 4 results are in!

Aurelie Claudel (50.3%) defeated #9 Heidi Klum (49.7%)
Michelle Lombardo (54.7%) defeated Cheryl Tiegs (45.3%)
Aurelie Claudel and Michelle Lombardo will face each other in the Third Round

#25 Rebecca Romijn (67.9%) defeated Ingrid Seynhaeve (32.1%)
Cindy Crawford (53.4%) defeated #8 Veronica Varekova (46.6%)
#25 Rebecca Romijn and Cindy Crawford will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:
Wow, what a batch of matches we had here! We saw two of the top 10 models get knocked out in the Round of 64! Aurelie Claudel won by the narrowest of margins against #9 Heidi Klum, and supermodel Cindy Crawford also narrowly defeated #8 Veronica Varekova. Both Heidi and Veronica made it to the 2014 Sexy Sixteen, but they weren’t so fortunate this year.

Aurelie will face another upset winner, Michelle Lombardo, who shocked SI legend Cheryl Tiegs. Cindy will face #25 Rebecca Romijn, who managed not only managed to avoid an upset but had an impressive showing in doing so.

Two new groups of results are in!

#5 Brooklyn Decker (54.6%) defeated Ana Beatriz Barros (45.4%)
#22 Emily Ratajkowski (58.2%) defeated Anne Vyalitsyna (41.8%)
#5 Brooklyn Decker and #22 Emily Ratajkowski will face each other in the Third Round

Lauren Mellor (75.9%) defeated Ariel Meredith (24.1%)
#11 Paulina Porizkova (55.9%) defeated Kelly Rohrbach (44.1%)
Lauren Mellor and #11 Paulina Porizkova will face each other in the Third Round

#10 Irina Shayk (67.9%) defeated Jenna de Rosnay (32.1%)

Judit Masco (66.8%) defeated Esti Ginzburg (33.2%)
#10 Irina Shayk and Judit Masco will face each other in the Third Round

Natasha Barnard (53.2%) defeated Melissa Baker (46.8%)
#3 Elle Macpherson (67.8%) defeated Jarah Mariano (32.2%)
Natasha Barnard and #3 Elle Macpherson will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:
After a bunch of upsets in recent matches, the favorites regained control in this batch, as the higher ranked model won in all 8 of the matches. So, no real surprises here, but it sets up some awesome Third Round matches, especially Brooklyn Decker vs. Emily Ratajkowski and Natasha Barnard vs. Elle Macpherson.

Four more matches are now live and open for voting!  These are the final matches of the Second Round.  Third Round matches will begin on January 16, after all Second Round results are posted.

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on January 15. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

Thanks for voting!

-------

Second Round, Match 29: 
Kate Upton vs. Monica Bellucci
Vote: http://poll.fm/5ioyh

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_R2_M29_Kate_Upton_vs_

Second Round, Match 30: 
Jessica Gomes vs. Kim Cloutier
Vote: http://poll.fm/5ioyi

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_R2_M30_Jessica_Gomes_

Second Round, Match 31: 
Carolyn Murphy vs. Sara Sampaio
Vote: http://poll.fm/5ioyj

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_R2_M31_Carolyn_Murphy

Second Round, Match 32: 
Lujan Fernandez vs. Bar Refaeli
Vote: http://poll.fm/5ioyl

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_R2_M32_Lujan_Fernande

Four more results are in!

#4 Nina Agdal (74.2%) defeated Ashley Richardson (25.8%)
Niki Taylor (60.1%) defeated Monika Schnarre (39.9%)
#4 Nina Agdal and Niki Taylor will face each other in the Third Round

Hilary Rhoda (75.1%) defeated Shana Zadrick (24.9%)
Alyssa Miller (51.6%) defeated #12 Daniela Pestova (48.4%)
Hilary Rhoda and Alyssa Miller will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:
The upset train has come back into the station! Alyssa Miller, who came in to the tournament ranked #41, upended #12 Daniela Pestova in a very close match. Alyssa improves to 9-2 on her tournament career and sends home an SI legend. Alyssa joins Nina Agdal and Petra Nemcova as the only models to beat Daniela in the three year history of the tournament.

Alyssa will face an unexpected face in the final 32: Hilary Rhoda, who came in ranked #48 and knocked off another unexpected opponent in Shana Zadrick. I personally voted for Shana in this one, but I was in the clear minority.

The other Third Round matchup set will see #4 Nina Agdal face Niki Taylor. Nina had no trouble getting rid of Ashley Richardson, and she’s looking like a title contender, as usual. Niki Taylor, who I’ve always loved, hasn’t historically gotten the same love from voters. In 2013, Niki was bounced in the First Round of the Main Draw, and in 2014, she didn’t even make it to the Knockout Stage. So, it’s nice to see Niki make a run here in 2015. With the win, she actually improves her career record to 4-4, so she may be one of the more improbable models to make it to the round of 32.