Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament

alluringbeauties

The final results of the Third Round matches are in, and the Sexy Sixteen matches will begin in the next day!

Knockout Stage - Third Round

Laetitia Casta (61.2%) defeated Michelle Vawer (38.8%)
Rose Bertram (60.1%) defeated #16 Cintia Dicker (39.9%)
Laetitia Casta and Rose Bertram will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

#15 Kate Upton (57.2%) defeated Jessica Gomes (42.8%)
#1 Bar Refaeli (55.7%) defeated #24 Sara Sampaio (44.3%)
#15 Kate Upton and #1 Bar Refaeli will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
Our #1 seed, and defending champion, Bar Refaeli advanced to her third consecutive Sexy Sixteen with a hard fought victory over Sara Sampaio. Sara was up to the challenge of facing #1, but she fell just short of the goal. Bar’s opponent in the Sexy Sixteen will be none other than Kate Upton, who returns to her second Sexy Sixteen after missing last year when she was knocked out in the Round of 32 by eventual finalist Nina Agdal. Kate earned her Sexy Sixteen berth this year by winning a close match against Jessica Gomes. This was Jessica’s best tournament performance to date, so she can take a bit of consolation from that.

French supermodel Laetitia Casta proved to be too much for Michelle Vawer to handle, and Laetitia brings her ample assets to her first Sexy Sixteen. Laetitia was bounced in the Round of 32 in the previous two tournaments, so she’s finally gotten over the hump in her third year.

One model who has had no difficulty getting over the hump? Rookie Rose Bertram, who upset #16 Cintia Dicker. Rose has burst onto the scene and will face Laetitia in what may be coined The Battle of the Buzom. 

Current Knockout Stage Bracket: here

Here's the Sexy Sixteen preview.  First matches will be posted later today.

How did I fare with my last set of predictions, you may wonder? Not awesome, but not too bad. I correctly predicted 13 of the 16 winners. My errors were Lauren Mellor (over Paulina Porizkova), Hannah Ferguson (over Josie Maran), and Michelle Vawer (over Laetitia Casta).

You should realize that my actual personal votes cast were different than my predictions. Interestingly, though, I ended up also voting for 13 winners and 3 losers. The losers getting my vote were Yamila Diaz-Rahi (over Hannah Davis), Michelle Lombardo (over Aurelie Claudel), and Michelle Vawer (over Laetitia Casta).

Anyway, without further adieu, your Sexy Sixteen preview:

Jule Campbell Region:
#2 Marisa Miller (USA, 17-2-0, 68.4%) vs. #13 Hannah Davis (VIR, 13-2-0, 66.1%)
Aurelie Claudel (FRA, 9-3-0, 67.0%) vs. #25 Rebecca Romijn (USA, 10-2-0, 72.2%)
My predictions: Marisa Miller, Rebecca Romijn

Elaine Farley Region:
#5 Brooklyn Decker (USA, 17-2-0, 70.9%) vs. #11 Paulina Porizkova (CZE, 12-2-0, 71.3%)
#10 Irina Shayk (RUS, 12-3-0, 68.0%) vs. #3 Elle Macpherson (AUS, 15-2-0, 70.0%)
My predictions: Brooklyn Decker, Elle Macpherson

Diane Smith Region:
#4 Nina Agdal (DEN, 18-2-0, 73.1%) Alyssa Miller (USA, 10-2-0, 64.9%)
#21 Josie Maran (USA, 13-2-0, 69.5%) vs. #6 Petra Nemcova (CZE, 14-2-0, 71.0%)
My predictions: Nina Agdal, Petra Nemcova

M.J. Day Region:
Laetitia Casta (FRA, 11-2-0, 65.3%) vs. Rose Bertram (BEL, 4-0-0, 69.4%)
#15 Kate Upton (USA, 12-2-0, 67.6%) vs. #1 Bar Refaeli (ISR, 18-1-0, 70.5%)
My predictions: Rose Bertram, Bar Refaeli

The first results from the Sexy Sixteen are in, and four models have made it to the Quarterfinal Round! Another four will make it tomorrow, and we’ll have our final 8 models set. 

Knockout Stage - Sexy Sixteen

#2 Marisa Miller (51.5%) defeated #13 Hannah Davis (48.5%)
#25 Rebecca Romijn (77.2%) defeated Aurelie Claudel (22.8%)
#2 Marisa Miller and #25 Rebecca Romijn will face each other in the Quarterfinal Round

#5 Brooklyn Decker (53.9%) defeated #11 Paulina Porizkova (46.1%)
#10 Irina Shayk (57.7%) defeated #3 Elle Macpherson (42.3%)
#5 Brooklyn Decker and #10 Irina Shayk will face each other in the Quarterfinal Round

My spin:
In the Sexy Sixteen, there are no easy matches! Hannah Davis was on the verge of pulling off an upset of Marisa Miller, but Marisa got some late support and eeked out a victory. I think this one was a matter of who happened to be ahead when the polls closed, and in this case it was the #2 seed Marisa. Marisa returns to the Quarterfinal Round after having missed it last year when she lost to eventual champion Bar Refaeli.

Marisa will face #25 Rebecca Romijn, who had an easy time ending the tournament run of Aurelie Claudel. Aurelie had knocked off Heidi Klum earlier in the tournament, so she was capable of doing the same to Rebecca, but she ran out of steam. Rebecca’s career best tournament run continues, as she follows up her first Sexy Sixteen appearance with her first Quarterfinal Round appearance.

The other two Sexy Sixteen matches were as interesting as the first two. I didn’t give Irina Shayk much of a chance to knock off the legend, Elle Macpherson. But, it happened with room to spare! So, The Body is bounced and Irina moves on to her second Quarterfinal Round appearance. In 2013, her run ended there at the hands of eventual champion Marisa Miller.

Irina’s opponent will be the voluptuous Brooklyn Decker, who emerged victorious from a tight match against Paulina Porizkova. Brooklyn enters the Quarterfinals looking to advance to her third consecutive Semifinal.

The first two matches of the Quaterfinals are open for voting. 

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on February 1. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

Thanks for voting!

-------

Quarterfinals, Match 1: 
Marisa Miller vs. Rebecca Romijn
Vote: http://poll.fm/5j59t

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_R5_M01_Marisa_Miller_

Quarterfinals, Match 2: 
Brooklyn Decker vs. Irina Shayk
Vote: http://poll.fm/5j59u

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_R5_M02_Brooklyn_Decke

The first results from the Quarterfinals are in! 

Knockout Stage - Quarterfinals

#2 Marisa Miller (58.4%) defeated Rebecca Romijn (41.6%)
#5 Brooklyn Decker (50.2%) defeated #10 Irina Shayk (49.8%)
#2 Marisa Miller and #5 Brooklyn Decker will face each other in the Semifinals

My spin:
The folks in America aren’t the only ones who witnessed a close vote today, as we witnessed an amazingly close match between Brooklyn Decker and Irina Shayk. Neither one was ever separated by more than a couple of votes, and Brooklyn got the last couple of votes to pull out a victory by the narrowest of margins! Brooklyn’s win makes it three straight trips to the Semifinals for her, and she’s hoping this one will be different than the previous two. In 2013, Brooklyn lost to Elle Macpherson. In 2014, she lost to Nina Agdal. 

In 2015, Brooklyn’s Semifinal opponent will be Marisa Miller, who had an impressive performance against Rebecca Romijn. The 2013 champion Marisa returns to the Semifinals after missing them last year, when she lost to eventual champion Bar Refaeli.

So, we’ll have ourselves another awesome match in the Semifinals with two traditional buxom beauties battling it out. Can’t wait!

The last two results from the Quarterfinals are in, and the Semifinals will begin later today! 

Knockout Stage - Quarterfinals

#4 Nina Agdal (75.8%) defeated #6 Petra Nemcova (24.2%)
#1 Bar Refaeli (64.9%) defeated Rose Bertram (35.1%)
#4 Nina Agdal and #1 Bar Refaeli will face each other in the Semifinals

My spin:
Two of the top SI models, Nina Agdal and Bar Refaeli, flexed their muscles in these matches and set the stage for an epic rematch of last year’s Championship match. 

The Bar was finally too high for hotshot rookie Rose Bertram to hurdle, and Bar goes to her second consecutive Semifinal and still has a shot to repeat as Champion.

Nina absolutely demolished a legitimate SI legend, Petra Nemcova, to advance to her third Semifinal in as many years. Nina has been close to the summit every year but has been unable to get to the top. This year, she’s looking like nobody can stop her, not even Bar, who beat Nina in last year’s Championship.

The Semifinal matches are now open for voting!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on February 6. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

Thanks for voting!

-------

Semifinals, Match 1: 
Marisa Miller vs. Brooklyn Decker
Vote: http://poll.fm/5j9sg

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_SFM01_Marisa_Miller_v

Semifinals, Match 2: 
Nina Agdal vs. Bar Refaeli
Vote: http://poll.fm/5j9sh

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_SFM02_Nina_Agdal_vs_B

The results from the Semifinals are in, and the Championship match will begin later today! 

Knockout Stage - Semifinals

#2 Marisa Miller (53.0%) defeated #5 Brooklyn Decker (47.0%)
#1 Bar Refaeli (51.6%) defeated #4 Nina Agdal (48.4%)
#2 Marisa Miller and #1 Bar Refaeli will face each other in the Championship Match

My spin:
What a great couple of Semifinal matches we had here, as nobody got more than 53% of the vote in either match.  The results setup a Championship Match between the only two models to have been crowned Champion already. Marisa Miller won the inaugural tournament in 2013, and Bar Refaeli won last year’s 2014 tournament.

Nina Agdal goes home disappointed again, as she reached her third consecutive Semifinal Round but couldn’t finish the deal again. Bar sent her home unhappy in last year’s Championship, and she did it again to poor Nina this year.

Brooklyn Decker has also been close twice, but she has now lost in both of her Semifinal appearances.

So, who will win the Championship? Some food for thought: Bar beat Marisa in a close match in the Sexy Sixteen of last year’s tournament. Advantage: Bar. Also, Nina Agdal has lost to the eventual Champion in each year of the tournament, so her loss to Bar this year is telling. Advantage: Bar.

My pick is Marisa! Despite all of the evidence to the contrary, I think this is Marisa’s year. But, clearly these two are evenly matched, and anything can happen!