Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament

alluringbeauties

19 hours ago, U.K. said:

There could also be tie breaker rounds for when there are ties - like having one of the people in the tie have a poll where they compete with someone who the other person has already competed against but they haven't. If they have a higher score than the person they were tied with did against that person - they advance.

Good idea, but that's essentially what the average vote percentage does.  It measures their performance against the common opponents that year.  I could take it a step further, as you suggest, and actually create a new match using someone's common opponent from a prior year.  

Sounded intriguing, but then I got to thinking about it: Let's say this happened with Amber and Monika, as it did.  To create a new tiebreaker match, I could create one between Amber Smith and Hina Tama, since Monika had faced Hina in 2014.  When fans of Monika voted, knowing it was a tiebreaker match and the implications that every vote in favor of Amber vs. Hina counts against Monika, they would vote for Hina even though they'd never actually do that if it were a "straight up" match.  So, it almost becomes an "Amber vs. Monika by proxy of Hina" match. :)

Somehow, I neglected to post official results for a batch of six a few days ago. They were on my site in the matches list, so those curious could have gone to see these results a few days ago. But, I had never posted the official results and my commentary, of course! So, here they are! I have also updated the Group Standings and Knockout Stage brackets accordingly.

Group Stage

Group 43:
Chrissy Teigen (53.0%) defeated Reka Ebergenyi (47.0%)
Chrissy Teigen advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 80:
Jenna de Rosnay (69.3%) defeated Veronica Blume (30.7%)
Jenna de Rosnay advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 19:
#19 Christie Brinkley (73.4%) defeated Cris Urena (26.6%)
#19 Christie Brinkley advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 79:
Jessica Van Der Steen (89.6%) defeated Shirley Mallmann (10.4%)
Jessica Van Der Steen advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 37:
Daniella Sarahyba (76.6%) defeated Jessica White (23.4%)
Daniella Sarahyba advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 58:
Robyn Lawley (56.6%) defeated Eva Herzigova (43.4%)
Robyn Lawley advances to the Knockout Stage

My spin:
Lots to comment on in this “forgotten” batch of results. First, let me start by acknowledging the accomplishment of rookie Robyn Lawley, who dispatched of Czech supermodel Eva Herzigova in a close match and moved on to the Knockout Stage. Personally, I don’t find Robyn very attractive, and it has nothing to do with her “plus size” categorization. I think there are 150-200 SI models that I’d vote for before her. But, this competition is about you the voters, not me, and you voted Robyn! :)

Let me also comment on the lack of support for one of my personal favorites, Eva Herzigova. I think she’s in my top 20 favorite SI models, but she has struggled quite a bit through the three years of this tournament. She falls to 5-3-1 in her nine matches and has an AVP of just barely over 50%, and she actually finished in last place in her group this year. So, the rest of the voters clearly don’t put Eva in the class that I do. That’s what makes this fun, though!

Next up for discussion: the polarizing Chrissy Teigen. Chrissy seems to have her lovers and her haters. But, there were enough lovers in the voting community to eek her past Hungarian model Reka Ebergenyi and into the Knockout Stage.

In Group 80, Jenna de Rosnay continued to perform quite well in these tournaments, as she beat Veronica Blume, advanced to the Knckout Stage, and improved to 7-2 in her tournament career with an AVP of 61.0%.

In Group 37, Daniella Sarahyba won the bodypaint battle against Jessica White rather easily. Daniella improved to 7-2-1 in her tournament career, and Jessica fell to a very lackluster 2-3-2 in her career. Two wins in seven career matches for someone with eight appearances in the SI Swimsuit issue!

Finally, I’ll note the impressive wins by #19 Christie Brinkley and Jessica Van Der Steen. Christie’s was expected, but Jessica’s wasn’t necessarily so. Certainly, her margin of victory over a very worthy opponent is surprising.

Current Group Stage Standings/Tables: here
Current Knockout Stage Bracket: here

Three more matches are now live and open for voting!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on December 9. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

Thanks for voting, and check back tomorrow for new matches!

-------

Group 67, Match 3: 
Julie Ordon vs. Ingrid Seynhaeve
Vote: http://poll.fm/5hk42

x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G67_M03_Julie-_Ordon_vs_Ingrid-_S.jpg

Group 74, Match 3: 
Samantha Hoopes vs. Kate Bock
Vote: http://poll.fm/5hk43

x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G74_M03_Samantha-_Hoopes_vs_Kate.jpg

Group 59, Match 3: 
Angela Lindvall vs. Carre Otis
Vote: http://poll.fm/5hk45

x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G59_M03_Angela-_Lindvall_vs_Carr.jpg

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on December 10. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

-------

Group 36, Match 3: 
Kelly Emberg vs. Hilary Rhoda
Vote: http://poll.fm/5hkzc

x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G36_M03_Kelly-_Emberg_vs_Hilary-.jpg

Group 77, Match 3: 
Fernanda Tavares vs. Michelle Vawer
Vote: http://poll.fm/5hkzi

x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G77_M03_Fernanda-_Tavares_vs_Mic.jpg

Group 54, Match 3: 
Fernanda Motta vs. Pania Rose
Vote: http://poll.fm/5hl0j

x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G54_M03_Fernanda-_Motta_vs_Pania.jpg

Today’s results are in!  Newest matches are in the post above.

Group Stage

Group 53:
Ashley Smith (56.6%) defeated Janelle Fishman (43.4%)

Group 5:
#5 Brooklyn Decker (80.1%) defeated Oluchi Onweagba (19.9%)
#5 Brooklyn Decker advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 68:
Molly Sims (61.0%) defeated Malia Jones (39.0%)
Molly Sims advances to the Knockout Stage

My spin:
One of the tournament’s favorites, #5 Brooklyn Decker, advanced easily with her win over Oluchi Onweagba. As predicted, Oluchi’s greatest assets played no part in the outcome because Brooklyn has equal or greater assets! :)

SI stalwart Molly Sims also advanced after a close-ish win over Malia Jones, and rookie Ashley Smith got her first career tournament victory after knocking off Janelle Fishman. Ashley’s group was already clinched by Ana Paula Lemes, so there will be no more 2015 matches for Ashley.

Today’s results are in!

Group Stage

Group 57:
Kristy Hinze (77.4%) defeated Sarah O’Hare (22.6%)
Kristy Hinze advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 38:
Ashley Richardson (76.3%) defeated Alicia Hall (23.4%)
Ashley Richardson advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 22:
#22 Emily Ratajkowski (68.9%) defeated Jessica Perez (31.1%)
#22 Emily Ratajkowski advances to the Knockout Stage

My spin:

Emily Ratajkowski had the most impressive win of the day, as she easily beat Jessica Perez in a match that I thought had some upset potential. As it is, Emily moves on to the Knockout Stage, where she’ll face Anne Vyalitsyna in her first match. If she gets by Anne V, then it will likely setup a clash of the titans early on in the tournament bracket: Emily vs. #5 Brooklyn Decker.

Kristy Hinze’s victory over fellow Aussie Sarah O’Hare was also impressive, as she won by a huge margin and will face the Rookie of the Year, Kelly Rohrbach, in the First Round of the Knockout Stage.

Finally, Ashley Richardson dispensed of Alicia Hall very easily, and she moves on to face Molly Sims in the First Round. The winner gets the privilege of matching up against #4 Nina Agdal.

THESE ARE THE FINAL THREE MATCHES OF THE GROUP STAGE!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on December 11. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

-------

Group 62, Match 3: 
Selita Ebanks vs. Emily DiDonato
Vote: http://poll.fm/5hnxc

x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G62_M03_Selita-_Ebanks_vs_Emily-.jpg

Group 41, Match 3: 
Judit Masco vs. Yvette Sylvander
Vote: http://poll.fm/5hnxd

x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G41_M03_Judit-_Masco_vs_Yvette-_S.jpg

Group 18, Match 3: 
Vendela Kirsebom vs. Niki Taylor
Vote: http://poll.fm/5hnxg

x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G18_M03_Vendela-_Kirsebom_vs_Nik.jpg

Today’s results are in!

Group Stage

Group 30:
Esti Ginzburg (54.3%) defeated Solveig Mork (45.7%)
Esti Ginzburg advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 60:
Louise Forsling (57.2%) defeated Estelle Lefebure (42.8%)
Louise Forsling advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 17:
#17 Genevieve Morton (76.1%) defeated Kenza Fourati (23.9%)
#17 Genvieve Morton advances to the Knockout Stage

My spin:
The match of the day was Esti Ginzburg vs. Danish rookie Solveig Mork. Solveig was right with Esti for most of the voting, but in the end, Esti got just enough support to knock off the rookie.

Louise Forsling came into the tournament with a losing record, but she took advantage of a favorable draw and rode her way into the Knockout Stage. She’ll be the underdog in her match against Jenna de Rosnay, but it’s not impossible for her.

Finally, Genevieve Morton took care of business, as expected, and she’ll face Daniella Sarahyba in the Second Round of the Knockout Stage.

Today’s results are in!

Group Stage

Group 67:
Ingrid Seynhaeve (52.4%) defeated Julie Ordon (47.6%)
Ingrid Seynhaeve advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 74:
Samantha Hoopes (51.9%) defeated Kate Bock (48.1%)
Samantha Hoopes advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 59:
Carre Otis (52.1%) defeated Angela Lindvall (47.9%)
Carre Otis advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 36:
Hilary Rhoda (60.0%) defeated Kelly Emberg (40.0%)
Hilary Rhoda advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 77:
Michelle Vawer (52.5%) defeated Fernanda Tavares (47.5%)
Michelle Vawer advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 54:
Fernanda Motta (59.2%) defeated Pania Rose (40.8%)
Fernanda Motta advances to the Knockout Stage

My spin:
Lots of close matches today! Ingrid Seynhaeve, Samantha Hoopes, Carre Otis, and Michelle Vawer were all victors, but none of them got more than 52.5% of the vote! So, that means Julie Ordon, Kate Bock, Angela Lindvall, and Fernanda Tavares go home unhappy. 

The final results of the Group Stage are now in, and the Knockout Stage is all ready to go!! Knockout Stage matches will be posted later tonight. From here, it’s win or go home!

Group Stage

Group 62:
Emily DiDonato (78.4%) defeated Selita Ebanks (21.6%)
Emily DiDonato advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 41:
Judit Masco (80.1%) defeated Yvette Sylvander (19.9%)
Judit Masco advances to the Knockout Stage

Group 18:
Niki Taylor (61.6%) defeated #18 Vendela Kirsebom (38.4%)
Niki Taylor advances to the Knockout Stage

My spin:
The big news of the day is the upset of #18 Vendela Kirsebom, who was toppled by supermodel Niki Taylor. Niki had struggled in past tournaments, but she also had tough draws. So, we knew she would probably give Vendela a tough match - or maybe even pull off an upset. I never predicted just how easy of a win she could have, though! Getting over 60% of the vote against the beautiful Vendela is an accomplishment. Perhaps more amazingly, Niki even beat Vendela in votes from Vendela’s native Sweden!

In the other matches, Judit Masco and Emily DiDonato advanced easily and will enter the Knockout Stage with good momentum.

The Knockout Stage is officially underway. Every match from here on out is a must win. Lose and you’re out!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on December 16. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

-------

First Round, Match 1: 
Jessica Van Der Steen vs. Elsa Benitez
Vote: http://poll.fm/5ht9v

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_R1_M01_Jessica-_Van-_Der-_Steen_vs.jpg

First Round, Match 2: 
Stephanie Seymour vs. Crystal Renn
Vote: http://poll.fm/5ht9y

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_R1_M02_Stephanie-_Seymour_vs_Cry.jpg

First Round, Match 3: 
Lucia Dvorska vs. Aurelie Claudel
Vote: http://poll.fm/5ht9z

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_R1_M03_Lucia-_Dvorska_vs_Aurelie.jpg

First Round, Match 4: 
Cindy Crawford vs. Gigi Hadid
Vote: http://poll.fm/5hta1

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_R1_M04_Cindy-_Crawford_vs_Gigi-_H.jpg

Four more matches are now live and open for voting! These are the final four matches of the First Round. After the results are posted beginning tomorrow, I’ll be taking a break for the holidays. (Hopefully you think it is well deserved!)

Second Round matches will commence after the New Year’s holiday.

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on December 19. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

Thanks for voting!

-------

First Round, Match 13: 
Carre Otis vs. Michelle Vawer
Vote: http://poll.fm/5hxa3

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_R1_M13_Carre-_Otis_vs_Michelle-_V.jpg

First Round, Match 14: 
Emily DiDonato vs. Samantha Hoopes
Vote: http://poll.fm/5hxa4

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_R1_M14_Emily-_Di_Donato_vs_Samant.jpg

First Round, Match 15: 
Monica Bellucci vs. Juliana Martins
Vote: http://poll.fm/5hxa6

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_R1_M15_Monica-_Bellucci_vs_Julia.jpg

First Round, Match 16: 
Ana Paula Lemes vs. Lujan Fernandez
Vote: http://poll.fm/5hxa7

x_SSx_SISMT2015_KS_R1_M16_Ana-_Paula-_Lemes_vs_Lujan.jpg

The first of the Knockout Stage results are in!

Knockout Stage - First Round

Elsa Benitez (67.8%) defeated Jessica Van Der Steen (21.6%)
Elsa Benitez advances to the Second Round and will face #2 Marisa Miller

Stephanie Seymour (66.8%) defeated Crystal Renn (33.2%)
Stephanie Seymour advances to the Second Round and will face #13 Hannah Davis

Aurelie Claudel (76.0%) defeated Lucia Dvorska (24.0%)
Aurelie Claudel advances to the Second Round and will face #9 Heidi Klum

Cindy Crawford (62.6%) defeated Gigi Hadid (37.4%)
Cindy Crawford advances to the Second Round and will face #8 Veronica Varekova

My spin:
The biggest surprise of this first batch of matches was the beautiful Frenchwoman, Aurelie Claudel, dispatching of Lucia Dvorska very easily. Lucia had entered the match with a career record of 11-3, so Aurelie capturing more than 3/4 of the vote is very impressive. Aurelie moves on to setup a fascinating match against an SI legend, #9 Heidi Klum.

Old School beat up on New School, as Cindy Crawford knocked off Gigi Hadid. Cindy moves on to face #8 Veronica Varekova, which should be another fascinating match.

Stephanie Seymour & Elsa Benitez were both favored, and both advanced rather easily. Elsa will have a huge test against #2 Marisa Miller next, and Stephanie’s win sets up another Old School vs. New School match when she’ll face #13 Hannah Davis.

Things are heating up in the tournament now!