Bellazon

The X-Files

cast0r

On 3/30/2015 at 8:32 AM, Michael* said:

Since they only have a run of six episodes to play with, I'm hoping it's just maximum Scully and Mulder, exploring dark rooms with torches (LED ones of course, to stay current :laugh:) and chasing people through the woods.

:rofl: LED is the only way sir! :p

Thank you for the update sir :hehe:

• 1 month later...

January 25th is the date to mark in our diaries. :laugh:

'The X-Files' event series confirmed for January 2016

Fox has announced that The X-Files' eagerly-anticipated revival series will begin in January 2016. The US network will air Episode One of the "event series" on Sunday, January 25, followed by Episode Two on Monday, January 26. The remaining episodes of the event series will air on Fox on subsequent Monday nights. At present, the "event series" has yet to be picked up by a UK broadcaster.

Fox confirmed in March that it is bringing back The X-Files for a six-episode "event series". David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will reprise their iconic roles as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, with Chris Carter returning as executive producer. Mitch Pileggi confirmed last month (April) that he will be returning as FBI boss Walter Skinner.

Chris Carter spoke about the event series shortly after it was announced, promising fans that it will be "honest" to the show's characters. Carter also revealed at the time that the event series has "no scripts yet" but insisted: "I know what I want to do, how I want it to lay out - the balance of mythology to stand-alone episodes. The people that are going to be involved have been talking since the beginning of the year, so we have a clear idea of how this should be, or the best way we think this should be laid out."

The cult sci-fi show originally aired on Fox for nine seasons between 1993 and 2002 and also spawned a pair of spin-off films, released in 1998 and 2008. Fox first revealed in January that it was having "conversations" about reviving the much-loved series.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2015 at 7:16 PM, Prettyphile said:

I think I'm going to watch all 201 episodes :chicken:

I used to think it would be quite good to either watch everything in order or just watch the standalone episodes again, because dipping in randomly always felt like a bit of a lottery. You might get something brilliant with Mulder and Scully chasing invisible people through a forest, or you might be subjected to Mulder breaking into empty warehouses and having cryptic conversations in car parks for 40 minutes. Which could be a bit of a yawn at times, really.

If I'm honest, I always found myself craving more of the ‘monster of the week’ type stuff. :laugh:

Fox has released a second teaser for next year's series. :chicken:

Apparently, the Lone Gunmen are confirmed to be returning too, while Joel McHale (Community), Rhys Darby (Flight of the Conchords), Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under), Robbie Amell (The Flash) and Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) are all going to be appearing in guest roles. :hehe:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to internet magic and proxies and other shit I don't understand, spending the evening with the X-Files revival :wub: 

@toodarnhot were you watching the original series to get ready for the revival?

First episode is kind of slow so far, but I heard it gets better immediately in the second, here's hoping :p