Bellazon

2016 SI Swimsuit

christine

8 hours ago, Lyla said:

I don't think my standards are bullshit (maybe in Barb's case), but definetely not in Ashley's. Once again, she's a PLUS SIZED model in the USA too. And you just need to look at her. You can see why, don't need to mesure her waist. 

I understand what you mean, different bodytypes, etc. But fat is a bodytype too, deal with it. Fat will be your new N word or what?

And why I see her fat?...there's SS's post, I guess that's why, this type is not so common here, or just being called as what it is, overweight. I'll use this from now then. 

Well it is very, very unlikely that Ashley would meet the WHO standards for being overweight.

4 hours ago, jj3 said:

Yes i brought BMI ...Like Medicine is doing :D But i never said "...and all thin people are the epitome of good health is ridiculous...". But what @17 Moments of Spring brought is useful to the dabate also. I said, that when someone is in the green part of the BMI, it feel better phisically and MENTALLY than when you are in the red part. Of course some people feel good how they are, and it's GREAT. But when they try to convince me that they wonderful, BECAUSE they overweighted, well, i don't eat the soup...

The thing about BMI is that it is a useful tool to measure the health of populations (by taking the average BMI of a group) not necessarily of individuals. A common criticism used is that BMI would deem some pro athletes (who are all muscle) as being overweight. But then, such considerations matter less when measuring the health of large groups, since most of us aren't professional athletes.

53 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Well it is very, very unlikely that Ashley would meet the WHO standards for being overweight.

I checked her BAI, based on her numbers given out of her agency, and she was 0.5% under overweight category. 

If this makes all ppl think that they're right, then just go with it. 

She's definitely a lucky one, because her face and neck look nice. And because not all of her fat is on her stomach,but mainly on her arms and legs. 

The rest is just the game of numbers and different associations' statements and studies etc.  

And what you told before, the beholder of the eye... 

If I offended anyone who has the same body type like her or weight problems, then I'm sorry for that. But I still keep my opinion, that she's overweight.

But as I said in my first referring comment I find her beautiful and pretty and it's applauseable that she can appear in SI. 

It's just hard for me to see her with other eyes. 

I think it's the case of critical mass. There are so many ppl with conditions like this that the opinions like mine will be the minority. 

7 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Poor Barbara, just can't catch a break, can she? :p

Indeed. I didn't want to break it to her, since she is already a lowly hot young wealthy famous supermodel. I am sure she will be devastated to find out that her face isn't my favourite out of all the god-tier women of the world.