Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit

christine

This was the lineup last year:  http://swimsuit.si.com/swimsuit/

SI doesn't use many HF runway models, HF top models,  supermodels, or higher profile editorial models.  This magazine no longer features a lot of supermodels like Elle Macpearson and Eva H or a lot of top models like AnaBB, Isabeli, Angela Lindvall, etc. like it once did.  

Established top models such as Anne V and Hilary Rhoda (who left years ago) come to mind as exceptions- the great half in each issue are relatively unknown or are sourced from commercial models.  In fact for many, their appearance in this magazine will probably be the highlight of their time as a model.  

I find that the models they used last year are overall shorter and more girl next door ish than those they used in prior years.

However, for me, I think they are skewing too close to too many HF models, or even just too many non-HF who still don't bring the goods (ie, body).  

As far as cliche' Anglo- American mega super blondes go, my favorite these past few years has been Tori Praver.  I remember seeing her on billboards and on storefronts (GUESS) and wondering who she was ;)  I personally find it quintessential for the magazine to have at least one.

jUkFWO44KSF7a.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love blondes and enjoy seeing them. Maybe I'm just getting older and it's all starting to blend together, but too many of the girls in SI are just "samey" and don't really stand out to me anymore. And while SI has been moving increasingly away from models with real street cred, they still tend to be too similar for me and not enough oomph. And my tastes range much more short and meaty than SI will probably ever choose... aside from the random athlete like Anastasia Ashley... despite the fact that SI is already quite removed from the rest of the fashion world (if you even consider them part of it anymore)

Pretty has pre-teen pervs spying on her? The things you learn on BZ! :p

What is that saying about teenage boys? That each of them would be a dirty old man if it wasn't for their age.

They're beyond pervy, I've had each one individually, and as a group walk into my house multiple times without knocking. And despite me talking with them about why it's wrong to just walk in someone's house without asking, or knocking, and even yelling at them, they still attempt to do it, or they just try and peek through my shades.