Bellazon

FIFA World Cup 2014

Michael*

I am very frustrated!!!

First of all, why was the Italian player given a red card?? This was hardly a yellow one, but not red for sure.

Why did the referee not give a penalty for Uruguay in the 1st half?? but that doesnt matter anymore because....

What the hell was Suarez thinking? This is not the first time for him biting other players, this is just disgusting! and why wasn't the referee told what happened if he didnt see it? He has 3 others refs to tell him things he cant see.

Suarez deserved a red card not the Italian.

ughhhh

:cry2: Very very sad for Italy,

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:  But really all my feelings of sadness can't be compared to my feelings of anger from the players,2nd time in a row to play badly,weakly,disgustingly,as if they sold out the matches,even with unfair firing of one of the players and even with missing the role of attacker ,scorer Balatollei.

Also Very bad referreeing,how many times  we will say that,it makes me really furious.

One bright lightning I saw from Italy,is the very devoted ,sincerely loving for his team,Buffon,love you man. :heythere::heart:

And comes again and again the bad refereeing in Greece x Ivory Coast game,some may say Greek deserved the win,but really that penality wasn't deserved,the Ivorians were so near to the next round,until that actor Samaras and the stupid referee killed all hopes.

Lost nearly 99% percent of  caring for the CUP this time,the unjustice,the unfairness killed me really,besides frustration of seeing any good coming performance from other loveable teams.I always root for Germany after Italy,but not this time,go to hell FIFA with all your games :mad:

3/5 teams I wanted to get eliminated are out already :rofl: This is so epic. Hopefully Ghana will eliminate Portugal and Chile will eliminate Brasil in the next round and it will be officially the best WC of all times.

I'm cheering for Argentina as I have my whole life but now more than ever because i live here now lol, but I think Holland is coming really really strong. I think Holland, Germany & Argentina are the top three contenders.

I miss you already, Andrea. :cry2:

Seriously, I look away for five minutes and both of my ‘anyone but them’ teams somehow manage to sneak into the round of 16. Just like at Euro 2012, the Greeks were dreadful in their first two group games, then scraped a jammy win at the death. Who could have foreseen a Costa Rica-Greece showdown for a spot in the quarters? :blink:

Luis Suarez, not such a changed man after all, I see. Here's a guy who has already missed nineteen matches for biting in his career - even if he didn't learn not to do it at the age of three like most of us, there's something just not quite right when, after all the punishments, suspensions and fines, he still can't control himself. Hopefully, Colombia run rings round Uruguay in the next game and Suarez is suspended, thereby denying him to chance to chew Bacca.

Lovely moment during Colombia and Japan, with the manager bringing on Faryd Mondragon, who at 43 is now the oldest player in World Cup history. In a perfect world, the Colombians would win this tournament. Lots of teams are playing good football, but I think they're the best to watch. Pace, movement, skill, hard working players and fantastic support. And most importantly of all, cool goal celebrations. :laugh:

post-20523-0-1445995019-43892_thumb.gif

Argentina and Nigeria was another very good game. The more I see of Argentina, the less I'm convinced by them, but the brilliance of Messi could be enough to drag them through, perhaps even to the final. I can't see them winning it though, I don't think their midfield is strong enough, they've got a keeper who's barely played all season, and there are much tighter defences in the competition.

Odd performance from Ecuador tonight, I thought. They played like they were happy with a draw, even though it meant they'd exit the tournament. Knowing they needed two goals, the manager didn't bring on a forward until the 90th minute, while they didn't throw the kitchen sink at a vulnerable French backline until injury time. As for France, well I guess having already achieved qualification and topping the group, they could be forgiven for going through the motions a bit, but they'll have to be back on their mettle when they face Nigeria, who looked really lively.

Argentina and Nigeria was another very good game. The more I see of Argentina, the less I'm convinced by them, but the brilliance of Messi could be enough to drag them through, perhaps even to the final. I can't see them winning it though, I don't think their midfield is strong enough, they've got a keeper who's barely played all season, and there are much tighter defences in the competition.

Odd performance from Ecuador tonight, I thought. They played like they were happy with a draw, even though it meant they'd exit the tournament. Knowing they needed two goals, the manager didn't bring on a forward until the 90th minute, while they didn't throw the kitchen sink at a vulnerable French backline until injury time. As for France, well I guess having already achieved qualification and topping the group, they could be forgiven for going through the motions a bit, but they'll have to be back on their mettle when they face Nigeria, who looked really lively.

If not for their finishing, Nigeria could have quite easily beaten Argentina yesterday. They will need to chore up that backline if they want to make a serious challenge for the World Cup crown.

So today, the US team should tie with Germany in order to advance right? I don't know how likely that is but then again, no one should be underestimated in this tournament.

Yeah, that would be enough to take Germany and USA through. It's possible that there could be an 'understanding' to play out a draw, particularly towards the latter stages of the game, but since the group runners-up will almost certainly have to face Belgium in the next round, there should be incentive enough for both teams to try and win, and meet one of the other, more beatable teams from Group H instead.

Incidentally, this really made me laugh. The USA national team website is offering help to American fans hoping to watch today's match by issuing personalised 'get out of work' letters, signed by Klinsmann himself. :rofl:

post-20523-0-1445995020-08126_thumb.jpg

If not for their finishing, Nigeria could have quite easily beaten Argentina yesterday. They will need to chore up that backline if they want to make a serious challenge for the World Cup crown.

It'll definitely be interesting to see how Switzerland play it against them. They may have to face the same kind of problems Barca have been tackling for the last few years - deep defence, packed midfield and triple marking of Messi. Ordinarily, that would of course free up the likes of Aguero and Higuain to make use of the extra space, but both are hiding behind Messi so much that they seem to have disappeared almost completely. I don't know whether the heat is responsible for their lethargy or whether they're just knackered after successful domestic seasons, but clearly, they’re not playing at anything like their full potential. :unsure:

Wow that letter thing is funny but is it real?

It was genuinely published on social media on behalf of Klinsmann and the national team, whether or not you could actually use it successfully, I guess that remains to be seen. :laugh:

Apparently, Luis Suarez has been banned by FIFA for nine international matches and from 'any football-related activity' for the next four months. The Uruguayan FA are planning to appeal, although they'll probably need to do a bit better than claiming Chiellini’s bitemarks were Photoshopped, as they did yesterday. :cain:

Wow that letter thing is funny but is it real?

It was genuinely published on social media on behalf of Klinsmann and the national team, whether or not you could actually use it successfully, I guess that remains to be seen. :laugh:

^ We could use any support we can get after that first goal now! :pinch: :D

We could use any support we can get after that first goal now! :pinch:smily%20new%20one.gif

Never fear, Cristiano is here! :irenistiQ:

Good to see the USA make it through. They had a tricky spell just before Ronaldo scored Portugal's second against Ghana, but were good value for their passage from a group nobody gave them a prayer in. Germany certainly did more than enough to finish top, although they could easily have let things slip right at the end. Today will have alerted potential tournament opponents that their back four isn't the most mobile.

I love that Klinsmann has started dressing like Larry David now. :rofl: