Bellazon

Books you are reading

KingSupra

The Art of War

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

simone de beauvoir - the second sex

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A bit late, but nice choices there (Y)

I still haven't gotten around to reading both of them though. But I "studied" a bit of Simone back in first year philosophy...

"studied" because I didn't actually attend class, nor did I read it, nor did I learn/study it, but I do know the gist of it :laugh: <_<

Shadow War: The Untold Story of How Bush is Winning the War on Terror

Some interesting items in this book for anyone who would like a little more insight into the way the Bush presidency is handling the war on terror. Of course there is probably nothing in this book that will change hardcore Bush haters idea of him, but it can help give you a better idea of the War on Terror as a whole. :)

For the record I am neither a Bush hater nor supporter, I pride myself on being indefinitely in the middle. That way I can look at both sides of the ball objectively, and not let my personal feelings get in the way of the facts.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ditto

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same, half way done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1/12th done.

Only just got home from work.

And I have been awake 33 hours straight... plus i will be reading all night long... and i work again at 9 am... so this is gonna be a sweet ass narcoleptic weekend

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ditto

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same, half way done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1/12th done.

Only just got home from work.

And I have been awake 33 hours straight... plus i will be reading all night long... and i work again at 9 am... so this is gonna be a sweet ass narcoleptic weekend

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i should receive it tommorrow! i cant wait! meanwhile im readign a lot of books...i have a habit of starting to read a lot of books and not finishing them if im too busy, which means i have to start all over, cuz i cant remember what i read b4.

Just got done reading Harry Potter HBP, and have decided to open a books titled:

The Persian Puzzle: The Conflict between Iran and America

Much different subject matter than HP obviously but, none the less interesting, to me at least.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

right there with you Snow, been a few days since I've finish HBP. Now I am reading:

The Siege of Budapest

100 Days in World War II

Krisztian Ungvary

I am a SUCKER for World War II :D

Same here man :laugh: World War 2 was a pretty interesting period and there is plenty of literature and stories to back that claim up. :)

I find that if I read the same type of material one book after the other, I get kinda bored, so I tend to jump to the other end of the spectrum, as the last book I read, to try and keep things fresh. Try, sometimes I stray of course a bit as I did when I read Goblet of Fire and OotP back to back.

The HP books are the only ones I've read back to back, including the Bourne series. I remember reading Supremecy a few months and a  couple of books after reading Identity

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read the first five back to back. Though I had to keep putting the fifth one down because I couldn't get into it.

Right now I'm reading John Steakley's Vampire$. Which John Carptenter did an "adaption" of, if anyone's seen "John Carpenter's Vampires"

Book is way better in my opinion.

:laugh: Book five and book 3 are both books I didn't read all the way through in one reading. All the others I started reading and didn't stop until I was done. Book 3 was the first one I read, and it took me a while to get hooked, book five i got 3/4 way thru and just flat out fell asleep at 4 in the morning, OotP makes for a good pillow

:laugh:

In the last two weeks I've read:

It's Not About The Bike

Freakonomics

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell

Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince

War Reporting For Cowards

Sons Of Fortune

Killing Floor

The Enemy

Trip Wire

The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nightime