Bellazon

General Discussion

rosada

Although I'm really weary of gossip sites (I know I really shouldn't even go on them given how vile they are) I read this post about G on lainey gossip and it sums up what I think of angry internet people!

There are some celebrity mothers that just piss other moms off – Gwyneth comes to mind, of course (is an organic lemonade stand that outrageous? It’s kind of standard farmers market fare these days), and Angelina is another. Apparently allowing your daughter to wear pants and short hair is something other moms frown upon.

Add Gisele to that list. It started when she became a stepmom – many thought she overstepped her duties with little Jack (Tom Brady’s son with Bridget Moynahan), because the “evil stepmother” narrative isfun, no? So much more interesting than boring (and peaceful) co-parenting. Especially when she’s a supermodel.

And then she had her own children, and her comments about breastfeeding (which she tried to clarify), her natural childbirth and, let’s be real, her “post-baby” body really pissed people off.

So she actually glows when she’s pregnant and gives birth in a tub and breastfeeds while getting her hair and makeup done for work – like she showed us here: (instagram)

Some argued that she was presenting an unrealistic picture of a breastfeeding mother. Unrealistic for us yes, but probably just a regular day at work for her.

Whatever she does, the inevitable, “Who does she think she is?” outrage comes out. Moms have united with pitchforks and torches over the latest photo of her in Costa Rica with daughter Vivian. They are on an ATV and not wearing helmets. We don’t know anything else: how fast they were going, how far they traveled, what the path or road conditions were like, what the local customs are. But it’s Gisele! She’s obviously the most awful horrible irresponsible parent ever! Because remember that time she said breastfeeding should be a law? Who does she think she is?!

It’s sanctimony at its most tiresome. And now it’s been reversed on her. Believe it or not, Gisele knows her kids as well as you or I know our kids. She knows if Vivian is  squirmy, or if she’s all drowsy after a nap, or if she’s safely strapped in her carrier. We can all tsk tsk over helmets but the gruesome, alarmist “what if” situations in the comments are ridiculous. North American parents are particularly obsessed with safety and there is not one issue (circumcision, allergies, vaccines, sleep training, Beyonce carrying Blue Ivy onto a yacht while wearing heels) that doesn’t inspire a virtual deathmatch on the mommy message boards. Isn’t it more fun when there’s a common target for all of our pent-up rage? And we can say, “She may be a supermodel, but she’s no supermom!”

If Jessica Simpson did this with Ace, I think there’d be a lot less foaming at the mouth and a lot more, “Isn’t this cute! Love her!” Moms have decided Jessica is relatable: she diets (for millions of dollars) and gets pregnant by oopsies and goes on date nights. She’s not in foreign country exposing her daughter to the sun’s death rays and riding around without a rear-facing 5-point harness car seat –while wearing a bikini, no less! The nerve of that woman.

icon1.png icon1.png icon1.png icon1.png icon1.png icon1.png icon1.png

Lainey stole the thoughts right out of my brain. Couldnt agree more with the last part...and shes also correct of when it all began.

Nice to see a blogger finally sees shes one of the most damned if you do, damned if you dont celebs ever.

Its funny when I read other models interviews or see their instagram posts, I always think holy sh*t if gisele said or did that...it would be on cnn news. :p The press just doesn't stalk those other models like they do Gisele.

Also to note; Tom drove the atv with Vivian at 3 months and it did not cause some outrage...

Its so stupid, her hair was not even blowing backwards. That shows she uses it ala a golf cart to get from point A to point B on her private beach. Not some joy ride :rofl:

Im thinking Gisele needs to hire new PR. in fact not sure if she even has a pr team. In 2008 she told V magazine she does not have PR. just an agent. Im beginning to think thats a big mistake...

I think so too but I also admire that she says what she wants (double edged sword, I know) and a PR machine isn't telling her what to do. She never seemed happy being told what to do at Victoria's Secret, and one of my favourite quotes about her from Katie Grand : “She’s exceptionally savvy – you really feel that she’s in control of her career. I’m sure she owed a lot to her agency in the beginning, but you do get the feeling that ultimately it’s Gisele’s decision what she does and, probably, how much she gets.”

Exactly ^ ive always admired her being real and her integrity too. But apparently some people prefer fake pr products. (Who are truly the awful ones behind closed doors haha).

Oh well I say just more live interviews because its harder to twist her words all to hell, and people can see her true self, and everything is not so black/white.

Truly a double edged sword.

Love that quote too. Shes such an astute business woman. Models will NEVER have an inkling her career, being push overs and letting everyone control their careers.

Why Gisele Doesn't Own a Hairbrush

Get the details on her DIY hair care routine

Wondering what it takes to get runway-worthy locks like Gisele Bündchen? Apparently it's a lot less work than you think. The supermodel recently told People that she doesn't even own a hairbrush. Seriously. Here's why:

"In my job, you have to remember people are brushing my hair every day. You have to remember the last thing I want [on a day off] is a brush in my hair!"

OK, that may sound like a humblebrag, but we get what she means—her hair goes through heat-styling hell for her job, so she likes to give it a rest whenever possible. Unless you also get your hair styled most days a week, you might want to hang on to your hairbrush for now. But that doesn't mean you can't also go brush-free every once in a while. You know, just not before a date or a job interview.

womenshealthmag.com

Lainey Gossip speaking the truth :D

I didn't know she didn't have a PR team. So she can't control what news gets out and what does. 

I feel so bad for Gisele because my local newspaper was always posting nice things about her and when the media started talking about the picture with Vivi they decided to run an article called 'Como mamá no es modelo' which translates to 'As a mother, she's no (role) model' and I just... threw that thing away.

• 2 weeks later...