Bellazon

General Discussion

rosada

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Cindy Crawford facebook
59 minutes ago
Model Monday: Even though Gisele Bündchen wasn’t in my original group of girls, there’s no doubt she is a supermodel. She is the queen of a long line of Brazilian beauties. I remember meeting her for the first time at Michael Thompson’s studio and I felt downright dumpy next to her! Her legs go on for days! She always seems to be having fun and I get the feeling she doesn’t take any of it too seriously which adds a charm to her gorgeousness!

glad to hear Cindy talking so nice about Gi :wub:

Her dad gives interview

Interview: Valdir Bündchen talks about family, raising children and how to be a father of Gisele

More important than having been discovered by A or B, the triumph of the supermodel Gisele as most emblematic of recent history passes through family education and learning and discipline that sociologist Valdir Bündchen ever bothered to teach her daughter the most illustrious

Since Gisele Bundchen Gisele turned into a discussion follows its trajectory: who is, after all, the merit of having discovered the hidden Horizontia city of just over 19,000 inhabitants, distant 496 km from Porto Alegre, one that is one step closer to becoming the first supermodel billionaire in history? It is the work of the bionic eye scouter Dilson Stein or entrepreneur John Casablancas, the almighty agency Elite, who died last month, they promoted the contest The Look of the Year and revealed a model for the world?

It takes two hours of conversation with sociologist Valdir Bündchen, 64, to realize that this question has any relevance that has always accompanied the biography of his daughter. Gisele together, of course, the basic physical requirements required a great model - such as weight, height and measurements in perfect patterns. But that alone would not have sufficed to forge the star he has become. The difference for the other it passes mainly by basic precepts learned from early childhood. And that is where the figure of parents Valdir and Vania Bündchen. Discipline, professionalism, education, respect for others, ethics and punctuality are just a few features noted by fashion professionals as great differences of Gaucho. Are virtues that come from cradle. "Everything I learned in life was my father who taught me. Were it not for him, I would not be who I am", already publicly admitted top.

This weekend dedicated to Father's Day, Donna sought the patriarch of Bündchen to know what it was exactly these teachings, what is the role of the family in the life of Gisele and how she manages to keep for more than a decade exposed, this so perfect, so good girl and extraordinary professional who goes outside any slipping or scratching.

- It seems to be a strong person, but I tell you that it only becomes stronger when the class she can count, the class that she has at home, offers all this structure - Valdir said in this interview of nearly two hours, which began at 9:30 a Thursday, punctually at the appointed time for him. Not one more minute not a minute less. After all, Gisele is his daughter, and he, her father.

Donna - You have just arrived from a season of 10 days along with the family. I was happy with all the offspring in the back?

Valdir Bündchen - Once a year, we do a meeting with the family in Costa Rica. We have a house there, and Costa Rica is a very cool, a small country, very beautiful. About 50% is forest. You go out to the beach and not go into asphalt, nor see buildings around. Only see kills. It is a country of about 4 million people that has a primary production and tourism practically lives - with a complication: one million are refugees from civil war in Nicaragua, and it ends up being cheaper labor from them. Costa Rica still has a lot to build, especially issues of water and sanitation.

Donna - The family Bundchen is engaged in an environmental project itself with respect to water, the Clean Water Project.

Valdir - Project Clean Water, designed by Gisele ... (He puts the cup of coffee and takes her hand in his mouth. Guess I have choked on the drink, but soon realize is thrilled to talk about the daughter. Deep breath and resumes the conversation). We always do it in the family ... (He returns to thrill, raising hand to mouth. Eyes fill with tears. Gives a long sigh, deep breath and let out a breath in the air, undoing the knot in my throat. Stayed a few minutes in silence. Interview I return) .

Donna - I want to ask a lot about his family, especially because I believe that Gisele is this exemplary professional safely by family-based solid, strong and always present.

Valdir - Family is not a simple thing. All families are complicated. There is no perfect family, and our family is not perfect. But it's a family discussion about the problems with naturalness and transparency. And these conversations are not always very nice.

Donna - What is your concept of family?

Valdir - Family is the structure of a state. Whenever the family goes wrong, society is going very badly. It is a fantastic cell that society needs to take care. The family is the stronghold where everything is taught. I heard a phrase said by one of my girls, who has a young daughter and has already begun to enter the dialogue in the life of that child. She made a fantastic place that I thought about parenting. Said he was talking to the school pedagogue and educator said: "When you have small child until the age of seven, you have to put the coat on him. Among the seven to 14, you tie the jacket at the waist and says: 'If cool, you use.' After 14, you say, 'Look how the weather and see what you need to take.' " I sensational (laughs). Defines exactly these three moments construction education of a child.

Donna - You and your wife have created six daughters. It is virtually impossible these days, agree?

Valdir - We're living in a real dictatorship of children, largely because of the absent parent, you want to compensate this lack in some way. The situation is very complicated. When you study Freud, you realize that everything is cyclical - and why he speaks of childhood as a builder of character. From zero to seven, the child acts like a sponge, absorbs all the example you see, mimics and so 50% of your character. From the seventh year until the 14th, she most 30% of this character, creating small references already own, not absorbing everything you see simply. So at 14 years old, you have formed 80% of the adult of tomorrow. This needs to be very knowledgeable within families who decide to have children.

Donna - You spoke at this stage of the sponge, from zero to seven. What you and your wife, Vanya, bother to pass on to their daughters to be fully absorbed?

Valdir - Good examples. You need to be a mother and a father present. Not only is the father or mother who raises a child. Is the couple. I could always count on my lady. She was special. When the twins came, bought a machine to pass diapers. At that time, there was no such facility was a lot of disposable and child inside. Poor Vania Maria! (Laughs). I was a father who worked in professional training, was always traveling and it took me far from home. But when she was with them, was very present. We always form a family nucleus very participatory. Our girls have grown and become sportsmen. Half of the college volleyball team was my house (laughs). The sport was very encouraged. One of the things my daughters have more nostalgia is childhood. They had doll house, had a volleyball court on the home front. They were very happy.

Donna - For 20 years Mr. studies on behaviors and skills. What sparked your interest?

Valdir - I had to decide very early on one's career.

Donna - From his daughter, Gisele. How was that?

Valdir - A person who was not of our family or our coexistence (the scouter Dilson Stein) saw a quality in one of our girls that I would never have noticed. Doubted much. Just imagine a conservative father, who lives in a small town on the border with Argentina, learns he has a daughter who might be international model! It sounded really bad to me, I was extremely tough.

Donna - Parents worry that their children have an education.

Valdir - (Interrupting) This was my fright! I always believed in training, and Gisele could not study. The world she tried so hard that she was not able to take that time for yourself. Today, finally, is taking this time to maturity, and comprising all learning that life is offering. Gisele understood that the world needs to become more equal - and this is the big part of people like her. But as I said, it took me quite a scare at the time and was very sturdy. At the same time, I have always advocated the philosophy that you can not steal dreams.

Donna - This dream was who?

Valdir - no man! It was a dream that came out and ended up being fed. Gisele wanted to be other things.

Donna - I met Gisele in 1994, the club L'Atmosphere, here in Porto Alegre. I did a story for Zero Hour on the regional final of the contest The Look of The Year, the Elite agency, and Gisele was one of the finalists. I went backstage to chat with the girls, and she caught my attention. She was sitting in a corner reading the comic Uncle Scrooge. I approached and asked if he dreamed of being a model. She said she had a dream to be volleyball player, but as they had said that she took way to model, had resolved experiment. She ended up winning that regional stage, took second place in the national finals of the competition and the rest of the story you know much better than me.

Valdir - You're kidding! Gisele was 13 at the time. Neither had no idea that it was a modeling career. But it is precisely therein lies its great value: the moment she felt she could succeed in this profession and was able to win in his career, then she wanted. Wanted too. That's the big difference. I followed this project and participated much of my daughter. I made a deep research about this unknown universe since worked giving trading courses around the country. We went together to St. Paul to see firsthand that this world was.

Donna - And what did you find?

Valdir - I remember a reference model that was at the time and was very successful, Claudia Liz. She earned about U.S. $ 400 000 per year. It was a lot of money. After I had the understanding that if confirming signs that Gisele would be a really good model, and she started making trabalhinhos, São Paulo ended up small. Then again, we talked, and we conclude that it should raise more flights.

Donna - The extent to which parents are allowed to address the children what they should be? What do you think of parents who insist that their daughters are models like Gisele?

Valdir - Parents do not have the right to put their dreams in the future of their children. Never! Football is another area where this happens a lot too. Parents bet that boy will give them the future they've always dreamed - and do not want to know what the child thinks about it. These poor children! I never told my daughter what to do. Each could freely choose what they wanted. The only thing that worried me was to give conditions for them to develop their own look, their own worldview.

Donna - As a religious man that the Lord is believed to have received a sort of divine blessing to see if chosen by fate to become the father of the most successful model of all time and about to become the first top billionaire story?

Valdir - I'll confess something: I was very proud and very arrogant when young. I had an accident, hit his face and spent five years in treatment to cure a brain injury. That was the first time the world texted me: "See, your arrogantezinho?". Years later, when fate sent me this child, who made all this confusion, I thought, "I'm taking the opportunity of choice in this situation: being a nice guy or an arrogant and boastful." I took the new chance of life and worked my whole family so we kept the balance, something I had not, but I needed to have and learn. It is a learning diary and is not always easy. I wake up every day in the morning doing this reflection and working this balance within me. Because you do not change your essence, you manage your problems. And we all have our problems. We all have a good side and a bad side. It depends on how we are encouraged.

Donna - Gisele is excellence in the profession, married and has two children. You notice changes in your daughter basically what?

Valdir - She matured a lot in the way of thinking. Early in his career, only cared about the professional and economic and financial results. I see that this girl has evolved remarkably. (He gets emotional again. Interrupts the conversation and loose another big sigh, undoing the knot in the throat). Gisele understood that she has another role. Understood that should take the cool image that built to draw attention to the things that are really worth it.

Donna - What are those things?

Valdir - I repeat something she always says: "Father, we must help mankind be more equal." (He pauses again, thrilled. It briefly silent and loose another sigh). As you see, I'm a tough day ...

Donna - is natural. You just bid farewell to 10 days next to his daughter.

Valdir - Gisele has a great concern with the education of children. In our time together in Costa Rica, we talked a lot about it. I said to her, "Daughter, I see that we have big challenges. One on the family, I think it starts with women. The other, in relation to education." We conclude that we should start talking with families and talk to families is to talk to women. I asked her if she would like to support this my new project Building a New Woman, which begins with the book, Singular - The Power to be Different.

Donna - No one better than you to talk to women. You are the rightful man of the house of the seven women, is not it?

Valdir - Yeah (laughs). You know what my six daughters say to me? "Father, we come into the world in large numbers so that there was no doubt that we'll get better. 'Cause you're tough" (laughs). I am a parent of strong opinions.

Donna - You were counting on the project Building a New Woman and about his new book, Singular, which will be released this month in partnership with philosopher Jacob Petry. Tell us more about it.

Valdir-'s proposal lecture Building a New Woman is to recognize personal fitness - if you do not know, you can not know the other - discuss the role of women in the family and allow her to make the organization of a new project of life. I talked about it with Gisele, and she said, "Dad, come on." We will launch this project in the spring now. As you can see, the idea is to show this butterfly go towards the light (it shows the trials of the brand, and this brand is shaped like a butterfly). Gisele I only warned of color, which would be better to choose the blue purple in place, as is the purple color transformation. With this project, the activities that start my new company, which is coming up now and I want to give structure to the girls. I want them to touch this project because I believe it will be very large. First, focusing on the construction of women and then the educational part.

Donna - How do you see Brazil in this issue of education?

Valdir - We live in a country where we have everything to grow. We are the land of opportunity, and she always slips through your fingers because we have quality training. How to build a country unable to provide the minimum knowledge to the formation of a people? I'm not against distributing food to people. The worst thing is to let someone hungry, but the worst thing is also taking the dignity of being able to think and consequently move forward and learn. The worst thing is to support it.

Donna - We're talking about the Bolsa Familia?

Valdir - Of all these measures are paternalistic and leaving people increasingly in a state of dependence and ignorance. This is terrible.

Donna - You search for two decades in the humanities. His previous book, Prospecting and Lapidary, covers techniques of self. It was written based on their particular history of seeking help their daughters to discover their personal skills and their place in the world?

Valdir - Exactly. When I solved the problem of Gisele, I came home and had five more wondering: "Hey, Dad? We serve for what?" (Laughs).

Donna - In Singular, you talk of "destiny" and "choice." You attributed the success of Gisele which of the two? Or was it luck?

Valdir - What is destiny? What is luck? Luck is when opportunity meets preparation, and preparation you can only repeat, that is the mother of skill. In other words, you repeat, repeats, repeats and becomes skilled. But, first of all, you need to have realized the essentials: what you can do well is what is proposed. I asked Gisele in Sao Paulo: "So, my daughter, you will stay here, that's what you want." She replied: "Yes, Dad, I think I know how to do it well." Then she became better and better. It was the repetition that contributed to his ability as a model. But beware: the repetition with the knowledge that she was working on fertile soil for your fitness. This is biblical: sowing conditions where you really have to do a good seeding.

Donna - What did you discover in these decades of research?

Valdir - Life is made up of philosophies. Do you believe in things, defends and generates ideas - these ideas and create actions that repeated generate habits that build life outcomes. Today I work on a project in which I strongly believe, that is how to build result from people. I believe it all depends on the people and have contributed about 30 lectures a year throughout Brazil.

Donna - Tell us more about it.

Valdir - Work especially in the formation of professional communication. Talk about the importance of caring with the world of illusion and questioning deeply about their skills and where you can direct them. What is the big problem nowadays? Are you being wrong with what he considers to be an opportunity.

Donna - What learnings you implement in their own lives?

Valdir - I always had trouble focusing because I was always very creative. At one point, I realized I was creating a lot of things at once, and that was being very harmful for me, since I did lose focus. Whenever you splits your energy, you end up losing concentration and has poor results. Why do you have to know exactly what nature gave you best? Just to focus on your fitness.

Donna - And as we discover that fitness is this?

Valdir - This is where our work! One of the philosophies of Aristotle is included in our new book: if you have a higher fitness and give vent to it, you will get the results because the results are a consequence. Another point to consider fundamental: automatic exit. We just work and do not stop to think. It is necessary to seek insight, which leads to reflection. You need to quiet the mind and get the larger memory, which is the unconscious, the answer to our questions. So I like a lot of prayer. She reminds us of a time with our very own unconscious mind, where they live a lot of important information that we have to learn to seek - and so I always tried to teach my daughters permanently. I believe this is my great family contribution. There is another passage that I particularly like: teaches the child the way which should go and even when old will never abandon him.

Donna - I believe that it is precisely this teaching that you bothered to pass on to their daughters that Gisele is a pro so unique in both character and discipline. Do you agree?

Valdir - No doubt. I have observed the dictatorship of grandchildren. Is very complicated. I created six daughters and would have difficulty today to help my girls understand how to raise their children to avoid the dictatorship of small. They scream, talk, imposing. And absent mothers, to compensate for the lack, end up giving. It is very difficult to solve and that we, as a family, we are trying so united.

Donna - Something that caught a lot of attention on her daughter when she was then engaged to Tom Brady, the husband brought the United States until Horizontia to present to the family.

Valdir - What my daughter felt the need to tell the husband, to take him to meet the family in Horizontia, was: "Look, I came here. So here I am." She also really wanted to introduce him to her grandfather, who was still alive.

Donna - The extent to which marriage and family presence Gisele helped in building their professional success?

Valdir - The family structure is very important to Gisele. The world beats too it. Normal, right? Is exposed. She seems to be a strong person, but it only becomes stronger when the class she can count, she has class home offers all this structure. When she needs support because it weakened for some reason, it is with this group that she talks. And this is normal in all families in which no terrible conflict in which one can not talk.

Donna - The dialogue is very much with you as family.

Valdir - Very, very, very. And ever again, right? Because when we think you've found all the answers, they change all the questions (laughs).

Donna - What do you want for your daughters?

Valdir - Let them seek to understand their role and know what the world expects of them. And that if they can do this together better.

Donna - What influence does the success of Gisele in her relationship with her ​​other sisters?

Valdir - Just learning the differences. It is the differences that we complete.

http://zerohora.clicrbs.com.br/rs/vida-e-estilo/donna/noticia/2013/08/entrevista-valdir-bundchen-fala-sobre-familia-educacao-dos-filhos-e-como-e-ser-pai-de-gisele-4228938.html

15439437.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Celeb trainer Tracy Anderson talks about Giseles butt :p

I started to get good at what kinds of movements worked. Now I work on making people their most proportioned self, but at the time I was told that I had to pick one ideal body for everyone to look like. I started with women, asking myself, ‘Can I take any woman from any genetic background and turn them into one thing?’ I had to think: whose butt do I think everybody wants? And before Gisele was even a household name, I cut her butt out of a Victoria’s Secret catalogue, and I was like, ‘I think every woman wants that butt.’ And then I went through magazines and things, trying to find examples for the rest of the body, thinking, 'These arms look too bulky. These arms look too scrawny and lifeless. I feel like women want this leg, women don’t really want a six pack on their abs, but they want their stomachs to curve in and then curve out.’ I literally had to work out what I thought every woman wanted. But the only piece that I took from an actual person was Gisele’s butt. I laugh about it now, but everybody still wants that butt. She’s pretty timeless.

http://intothegloss.com/2013/08/tracy-anderson/

Gisele Bundchen: In a league of her own

Gisele knows her values, who she is, and has clarity about what she wants to achieve and that has paid off for her.”

It is a sentiment echoed by model scout Lucy Quick who heads up the new faces division of the famous Select model agency in London.

Lucy will be one of several scouts at this year’s Clothes Show Live at the NEC in Birmingham in December.

“Beauty will get you booked as a model but it is your personality and professionalism that will get you re-booked and make you stand out,” she explains.

“There are so many beautiful models, you have to do something to set yourself apart and create a demand for your services. Gisele’s been very smart about that.

She’s a super clever business woman and her natural look means she’s very diverse so she gets work across the board from couture to high street, sports modelling to catwalk.

She’s the epitome of how a really good model ought to be inspiring and how that doesn’t just come from beauty, it comes from your personality.

“We always delve into a girl’s personality before signing her to Select and many of our clients will ask what a model’s hobbies are before hiring her. They want a sense of her character and what she stands for as well as what she looks like. One of our most successful models is a devoted mother of three who is the ultimate professional as well as being incredibly beautiful.”

Which leads us neatly to what Bundchen has deemed her most important role to date, that of wife and mum.

Read more here: http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/424262/Gisele-Bundchen-In-a-league-of-her-own

Youre welcome! Yeah I dont know why people act like its some exciting never before heard news, every year they act like its something new, haha. Also I believe shes Forbes richest model since 2004, not 2007. 2007 was just the first year they made a separate model list, since models were no longer making their celebrity 100 list.