Bellazon

General Discussion

rosada

funny ^ :p

Here's a funny Elle interview that was new to me from 2007.

SUPERMODEL SECRETS

Busted! Gisele Bundchen fesses up to beauty faux pas and more

Shes used to revealing herself on the runway, and Victorias Secret spokesperson Gisele Bundchen isnt shy about sharing her methods for looking her best either. Bundchen admits that she loves to squeeze blemishes (meaning she actually gets them on occasion) and believes bigger is better. "I am a huge fan of big cotton underpants; theyre comfortable, she says. I wear them every day. (Note: In Brazilianspeak, big is equivalent to a bikini cut, not granny panties.) Despite her enviable figure, Bundchen gets butterflies before baring it on the catwalk. "No matter how many shows Ive done, as soon as they say its time to start, I get that nervous sensation and feel like I have to pee, she says. So thats where my mind is. That and making it to the end of the runway and back as fast as I can."

First things first. Whats the key to looking fantastic in photos?

Its all about the light. Always face it, because thats how you give your face good angles. If youre outside when the sun is overhead, youre going to have dark circles from the sun creating shadows on your face. So no outdoor pictures between 12 and two!

Thats it?

And always, always powder your T-zone and the lines going from your nose down around your mouth so you dont look like a bulldog. When those areas are shiny, its awful. And gloss will keep your lips from appearing dehydrated.

What beauty tricks have you picked up over the years?

I had a really horrible pimple on my nose, and a makeup artist gave me Nelsons Acne Gel. I kept putting it on, and my pimple went away. I was like, This is great. It doesnt burn your skin.

Anything else?

If youre wearing smoky eye makeup, a little beige or gold pencil on the inner eye corners will open up the area, but you only want to do it if the shadow is really dark. Otherwise, light pencil makes your eyes look too far apart, like a fish. And I put black mascara on my top and bottom lashes because I have tiny little hamster eyes. With mascara, they seem larger.

After all that makeup goes on, how do you get it off?

My complexion is delicate, so I have to use things that wont irritate it. I switch moisturizers often, but Im faithful to the way I take off my makeup: Lancomes pink foaming cleanser on my face and Victorias Secret Total remover for my eyes. Theyre both gentle.

Youre a frequent flier. What goes in the toiletry bag?

Deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, braces

Some more stories. Don't think they were posted yet! This is from makeup artist to Gisele, Cindy Crawford, Marisa Miller and many more. Terri Apanasewicz.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Super Gisele Bundchen

Some might wonder if it is nerve racking taking a picture with a supermodel, YES!! Actually, considering Gisele had someone fabulous do her hair and makeup (that would be me) and I do have a few years on her, I think I look pretty darn good next to her.

We started work this day at about 5am, we were shooting a commercial for Brazil. Exactly who the commercial is for is top secret at this time. Though no matter who the client is, Gisele Bundchen is always a top notch professional and gives her 110% to the day.

On a commercial the start time is usually early unless shooting into the night is necessary and the average day on set is 10-12 hours.

About a week ago we shot a cover for ARENA magazine and an inside story, I think it will be the September issue, so look for it on the newsstand. A print job is usually a little more mellow than shooting a commercial because there are less people involved and a lot less equipment. I'm not opposed to commercials though a print job is always a little more up my alley.

Gisele is not only one of the most successful and beautiful supermodels, having contracts with companies such as Victoria's Secret and Versace, she is also very passionate about doing charity work. She even has her own foundation in Brazil to help young girls have a better life.

Well, that's it for today. Please keep coming back regularly as I have so many fun postings coming up.

Terri

http://blog.terria-makeup.com/2008/06/supe...e-bundchen.html

post-13850-1331334957_thumb.jpg

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cover Shoot with Gisele

What's it like to do a cover shoot with a supermodel? Well, with Gisele Bundchen it's high energy, intimate and fun. Gisele has been on countless covers and I am happy to say a few of them are mine. For this latest cover of ARENA magazine we made our home for the day in Venice Beach. The photographer Nino Munoz and Gisele have been great friends for many years, there is a very deep trust and bond between these two talents. I shared in the day of creativity by enhancing her hair with the beachy texture that is so much a part of her signature look. We kept the makeup minimal since this shoot was more of a depiction of the day in the life of Gisele, and lets face it she doesn't need much!! If you have a chance pick up a copy, there are so many great pictures inside. I especially love the polaroid collage.

We moved around in this beach bungalow and then outside to take advantage of the environmental elements. It's so funny to watch all the people when they unexpectedly get a glimpse of this long legged beauty strutting down the boardwalk in high heels and short shorts. That is just one of the perks of the job. Come back again soon for more of my adventures.

Terri

http://blog.terria-makeup.com/2008/08/cove...ith-gisele.html

post-13850-1331335316_thumb.jpg

Boston Magazines's Boston Daily

Here’s Your Chance to Take a Bite Out of Gisele

"I also recalled interviewing her several years ago in Boston at a Victoria’s Secret promotion, and she couldn’t have been more down-to-earth and sweet. So maybe what Gisele really needs is a better PR rep..."

http://blogs.bostonmagazine.com/boston_dai...isele/#comments

My Favourite Covers

Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman chooses her top 20 covers of the last 20 years

OCTOBER 2000 - “I was a huge fan of Robbie Williams at that point and it was one of those things that you think will be a really good idea – to get the most famous male rock star on the cover with the most famous supermodel of the moment. It was difficult to do, so it was a miracle that it even happened.”

http://www.vogue.co.uk/spy/celebrity-photo...lery/1#/image/9

(I read somewhere that it was one of their best selling covers ever.)

Vogue Magazine @voguemagazine

Shaping a decade: See 10 years of Vogue Shape issue covers from @rihanna to @Beyonce to @giseleofficial and more!

Vogue’s first Shape issue hit stands in 2002, and since then we’ve dedicated every April to celebrating the beauty and well-being of women’s bodies. As our covers attest—among them, an expectant Brooke Shields, curvy and cool Scarlett Johansson, and Gisele B

Tom briefly mentions Gisele:

While Beatz talked about his penchant for collecting, Schwarzenegger made a beeline past the assembled press and Brady, who rolled up the sleeve of his Tom Ford suit to reveal his own Audemars Piguet model.

“I have several [Audemars Piguet] watches. It’s the one piece of jewelry men do wear,” said Brady, who blushed when asked if he had been as interested in fashion before he met his wife, supermodel Gisele Bündchen.

“That’s the same question she asks me,” he said. “Yes, I just didn’t have as many bucks in my pocket then. Now, I can afford nicer clothes. I think I’ve always had an eye for it. Maybe a little bit of my creativity comes out in the way I dress.”

http://www.wwd.com/eye/parties/time-out-au...333?src=twitter