Bellazon

General Discussion

rosada

The theme for 2012 is:

Costume Institute Gala 2012 : Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada : On Fashion

The Party of the Year Returns: The Work of Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada to Be Celebrated this Spring at the Met

The Costume Institute of The Metropolitan Museum of Art announced Wednesday that their spring 2012 exhibition will be Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada: On Fashion, a fascinating exploration of these two Italian designers from two very different eras, in a format inspired by Miguel Covarrubia's "Impossible Interviews" published in Vanity Fair in the 1930s. The exhibition, which will be curated by the Costume Institute's curator in charge, Harold Koda, and curator, Andrew Bolton, will feature approximately 80 designs by Schiaparelli (1890-1973) from the late 1920s to the early 1950s and the work of Ms. Prada from the late 1980s to present. Set to open on May 10th, the grand unveiling will be preceded by the annual Costume Institute Benefit Gala, co-chaired this spring by actress Carey Mulligan, designer Miuccia Prada, and Anna Wintour, the Editor in Chief of Vogue. Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com, will serve as honorary chair. While the guest list for the party of the year is yet to be announced, Baz Luhrmann will be the exhibition and gala's creative consultant. He will be joined by Nathan Crowley, who will serve as production designer, and Raul Avila, who has overseen the benefit's magnificent decor since 2007.

Read more: Costume Institute Gala 2012 : Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada : On Fashion - the Fashion Spot http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f60/costu...l#ixzz1h0cepEio

maybe she'll wear Prada? I love the met, because its like the only event she ever does anymore. She's always the belle of the ball too. :p (I mean as far as press/best dressed lists go. Not just speaking from a biased fan perspective, haha).

Honestly I've never heard the name until now either. :p

I guess she's one of the first major fashion designers along with Coco Chanel. :)

Elsa Schiaparelli (1890-1973) was an Italian fashion designer. Along with Coco Chanel, her greatest rival, she is regarded as one of the most prominent figures in fashion between the two World Wars.[1] Starting with knitwear, Schiaparelli's designs were heavily influenced by Surrealists like her collaborators Salvador Dalí and Alberto Giacometti. Her clients included the heiress Daisy Fellowes and actress Mae West.

Schiaparelli did not adapt to the changes in fashion following World War II and her business closed in 1954.

Every year the Met Gala has a theme. Last year was "Savage Beauty, Alexander McQueen". This year sounds very Italian. :p The year Gi wore the short blue Versace they requested short, sexy dresses, (I think it was super hero theme?). and The year she wore Alexander Wang, the theme was celebrating American fashion and he's an American designer. etc...but of course you don't have to wear a dress that goes along with the themes. Last year for instance many did not wear McQueen. Alot of celebs/models get invited by a guest and will wear the designs of that person.

Her Elle Brazil cover was also voted best of 2011 :p

Cover birthday Gisele Bundchen is the favorite of readers of ELLE

In May, ELLE has brought an extra special edition to celebrate his birthday with none other than übermodel as cover girl Gisele Bündchen. And readers of the magazine approved and elected with 45% of the votes the cover of May 2011 as the best in years.

http://elle.abril.com.br/blogs/elle-news/2...itores-de-elle/

I know people like to say Leo "made her" but lets take a look at all the things she accomplished in her career 2 years prior to even meeting Leo...

(This is not 100% as she's always done alot of Brazilian fashion too, but I'm only counting the MAJOR, international work). And in 1995-1997 she worked mostly as a teen model in Brazil so I won't count those years either. (the list would be even longer. :p )

Campaigns:

Ralph Lauren by Bruce Weber

Dolce&Gabbana by Steven Meisel

Gianfranco Ferre by Michael Comte

Missoni by Mario Testino

Chloe by Tom Munro

Valentino by Michael Thompson

Versace by Mario Testino

Covers:

Arena october

Cosmopolitan march

Vogue Brazil march

Marie Claire UK march

Elle Brazil April

Allure USA May (by Mario Testino)

Marie Claire Italy june

Vogue UK august

Elle Brazil october

Marie Claire Italy october

Marie Claire Poland december

Vogue Brazil december

Marie Claire Brazil december

i-D UK december (by David Sims) (issue dedicated to her)

Allure USA december (by Mario Testino)

Editorials:

Elle USA march (by Gilles Bensimon)

Vogue Paris march (by Mario Testino)

Harper's bazaar USA march (by Patrick Demarchelier)

Marie Claire UK march

Mademoiselle march

Vogue UK may

Cosmopolitan USA may (by Patrick Demarchelier)

Allure USA may (by Mario Testino)

Marie Claire Italy june

Allure USA june (by Mario Testino)

Vogue Germany july (by Michel Comte)

Harper's Bazaar USA july (by Patrick Deamarchelier)

Vogue USA august (by Ellen Von Unwerth)

Vogue Italy september

Vogue Russia september

Vogue USA september (by Steven Meisel)

Vogue Italia october (by Steven Meisel)

Vogue UK october

Vogue Paris november (by Michael Thompson)

Vogue Brazil december

Vogue USA december (by Mario Testino)

The Face UK december (by Mario Testino)

i-D december (by David Sims)

Vogue Italia december (by Elle Von UnWerth)

Harper's bazaar december (by Patrick Demarchelier)

Runway shows:

Issac Mizrahi,Alexander McQueen,Badgley Mischka,Balenciaga,GFF by Gianfranco Ferre,Giorgio Armani,Philosophy,Michael Kors,Chanel,Costume Nacional,Alberta Ferreti,Betsey Johnson,Byblos,Emporio Armani,Emanuel Ungaro,Sportmax,Givenchy,Valentino,Max Mara,Missoni,Marni,BCBG,Versace,Cynthia Rowley,Cerruti,Carolina Herrera,Loewe,Ralph Lauren,Celine,Christian Dior,Dolce&Gabbana,Donna Karan,Ellen Tracy,Gucci,Hussein Chalayan,Louis Vuitton,Marc Jacobs,Versus,Vivienne Tam,Moschino,DKNY,Fendi,Jill Stuart,Bill Blass,Richard Tyler,Calvin Klein,Viviene Westwood

Campaigns:

Dolce&Gabbana S/S by Steven Meisel

Versace S/S by Steven Meisel

Versace Jeans S/S by Steven Meisel

Celine by Patrick Demarchelier

Valentino by Steven Meisel

Ralph Lauren by Bruce Weber

Versace F/W by Steven Meisel

Dolce & Gabbana F/W by Steven Meisel

Covers:

Arena december by Vincent Peters

Telegraph by Mario Testino (calling her the model of the millennium)

Elle Germany

W USA january by Michael Thompson

BIG UK may (issue dedicated to her)

W USA may by Michael Thompson

Numero #3 may

Elle Brazil june

Vogue Italia june by Steven Meisel

Vogue USA july by Steven Meisel ("return of the sexy model" cover)

Vogue Korea august

Harper's Bazaar USA august

Vogue Paris august

Harper's Bazaar Australia september by Patrick Demarchelier

Vogue UK september

Vogue USA november by Annie Leibowitz (Millenium special,where she posed with model legends))

Vogue Korea november

Numero #8 november

Vogue Italia beauty december by Michel Comte

Vogue Brazil december

Vogue USA December by Steven Meisel (special issue on VH1 model of the year awards, which she won)

Editorials:

Vogue USA january by Helmut Newton

Vogue USA january by Steven Meisel

Vogue UK february by Mario Testino

Vogue USA february by Steven Meisel

Harper's Bazaar february by Criag McDean

Vogue USA march by Steven Meisel

Vogue USA april by Arthur Elgort

Numero may

Vogue Italia may by Michel Comte

Harper's Bazaar may by Terry Richardson

Big may by terry Richardson

Big may by Mert&Marcus

Big x12 (the issue dedicated to her)

Vogue Italia june by Steven Meisel

W june by Michael Thompson

Vogue USA july by Steven Meisel

The Face UK august

Vogue USA august by Steven Meisel

Allure august by Rankin

Vogue USA september by Steven Meisel

Vogue USA september by Peter Lindbergh

Arena september by Mikael Jansson

Dazed & Confused september

Harper's bazaar USA september by Patrick Demarchelier

Vogue USA october by Michael Thompson

Harper's Bazaar october by Patrick Demarchelier

Vogue Paris november by Herb Ritts

Vogue USA november by Steven Meisel

Arena december by Vincent Peters

Vogue USA december by Steven Meisel

Vogue Italia december by Michel Comte

Vogue USA december by Steven Meisel

Vogue Italia december by Steven Meisel

Allure USA december

Runway Shows:

Victoria's Secret,Versace,Versus,Vivienne Tam,Alessandro Dell'Acqua,Anna Sui,Alexander McQueen,Anna Molinari,Badgley Mischka,Calvin Klein,BCBG,Blumarine,Moschino,Ralph Lauren,Valentino,John Galliano,Carolina Herrera,Jean Paul Gaultier,Christian Dior,Alberta Ferreti,Celine,Cerruti,Chanel,Chloe,Dolce&Gabbana,D&G,Costume National,Lanvin,Jil Sander,Hussein Chalayan,Gucci,Givenchy,Gianfranco Ferre,Ellen Tracy,Sportmax,Salvatore Ferragamo,Prada,Oscar de la Renta,Narcisco Rodriguez,Missoni,Miu Miu,Michael Kors,Max Mara, Marc Jacobs,Louis Vuitton,Loewe,Marni,Betsey Johnson,Hugo Boss,Yohji Yamamoto,Yves Saint Laurent,Balmain,Byblos,DKNY,Donna Karan,Helmut Lang,Tommy Hilfiger

So pre Leo :

-She had the support of all the major Vogue's already (American,British,Paris and Italia)

-Support of known industry/career makers; Anna Wintour,Mario Testino,Steven Meisel

-3 American Vogue covers in one year all at the age of 18/19.

-Already receiving accolades. "Return of the sexy model" by Anna Wintour. "Model of the millennium" by Vogue. "The Body" by Alexander McQueen.

-Already having magazine issues dedicated to her.

-Opening/closing alot of the runway shows she walked in. (sounds petty but for a model its a big thing)

-Won The VH1 Vogue model of the year award (a big awards ceremony in the 90s, Linda Evangelista won as well for example.)

-Victoria's Secret wanted her.

-Became a muse for Dolce&Gabbana and Donatella Versace.

-Was already working consistently with the biggest photographers,designers,magazines,brands etc...

Leo obviously helped her in the fame game in 2000, but I think people forget that in the same year she also signed a record breaking VS contract, had a Rolling Stone cover, an impeccable fashion career,hosting awards shows,more American Vogue covers AND dated Leo. It's not like she just rode on his fame, that's for sure. She always had her own highly successful career and has always been in demand. :)

I think her list in 2 years is longer than some models lists in 10 years. :laugh:

No denying Leo helped make her name more known to the public, but to say she is only who she is because of him, is a complete fallacy, imo. :p Alexander McQueen,Mario Testino and Anna Wintour helped make Gisele more-so than Leo ever did/could. How? After the McQueen Rain show in 1998 it is said everyone who is anyone wanted to meet "Gisele", immediately after the show and bc of his show she booked over 50 shows that season (which is where a girl is alot of times seen by everyone)...Mario Testino because he talked everyone into meeting this girl he fell in love with and to give her a chance...turned out everyone else fell in love upon meeting her too...Anna Wintour because she put Gisele on 3 American Vogue covers at a very young age, after celebrities were already taking over...That is bound to get a girl noticed...

They are doing a poll from the Vogue Paris best models of 2011 list I posted but they don't include Gisele because she is considered "hors concours" in Brazil.

Arizona Muse is the name of 2011. She appeared as a promise and crossed the runway most competitive on the international circuit, and is the darling of the campaigns. But a model does not make casting - and Saskia de Brauw, Daphne Groeneveld and Lindsey Wixson were other newcomers who conquered its space this year after finishing 2010 as big bets. Karlie Kloss and Freja Beha - she is the girlfriend of Arizona! - Established themselves as big tops: 1st turned up Victoria's Secret angel, proving that more and more words and sexy fashion can go together.

But he has also devoted space pros names: Anja Rubik, Lara Stone, Joan Smalls, Stella Tennant, Raquel Zimmermann, and Isabeli Fontana Mariacarla Boscono stamped magazines and paraded their experience without losing her breath in competition with younger ones. Gisele Bundchen was one that worked well - the uber special retro won! Here in the gallery you see the tops on the scene to answer who had better here in our poll! Gisele does not count because it is hors concours, OK?

http://msn.lilianpacce.com.br/home/retrosp...a-modelos-2011/

Another celeb name drops Gisele in their interview. :D So Beyonce,Jessica Alba,Katy Perry,Elle MacPherson,Cheryl Cole, anyone else? :rofl:

'I’m not perfect - I don’t look like Gisele. But there’s someone out there for everyone to look up to and emulate." - Kelly Brook Glamour UK February 2012

^lolll I love how people always namedrop her :p

Also I also agree that Gi's career she pretty much did on her own. I think dating leo got her more noticed "celebrity, and public wise" but she was already a pretty big name in the fashion industry.