Bellazon

General Discussion

rosada

Guys, have you noticed how VS won't mention Gisele at all? Couple of months ago they "forgot" she wore fantasy bra in that video about all girls who wore it. But in VSFS11 they didn't mention her once, but mentioned Heidi and Tyra :ninja: And it's clear other models talked about her, like Karlie, but they cut her sentence. I don't get it :idk:

hmm yeah its weird. Probably one of the greatest fashion mysteries of all time...lol jk :p but in last year's show, Erin Heatherton mentioned Gisele and they showed her in a clip of VSFS 2005...so its weird how one year they mention her and the next not. I think it has something to do with Gisele having her own Lingerie Brand now, personally. :) Tyra and Heidi do not have Lingerie brands. I think its just business. :idk: at least that's all I can think of because they used to always mention her, prior to this year when she launched her own lingerie line....

(I've even read on Brazilian sites that Hope is doing so good now since hiring Gisele that many American lingerie brands are interested in acquiring it)....

Also Ed Razek always name drops Gisele very positively to Forbes each year about how great she is for any brand. She and Tom also stay at his penthouse suite when they go to Miami and he interviewed her for her 15th year anniversary of being a model in Vogue Brazil last year. She stated he was one of her favorite clients she ever worked for. and my mom gets Columbus Monthly magazine and Sharron Turney (where she lives in Columbus) of VS also always very positively mentions Gi...in fact she only mentioned Heidi and Gisele's names in her interview not too long ago....

So I don't think there is any problem, I just think its just business. :) Gisele has stated in her interviews how much love she has for VS and what it did for her career, so its not like there are any hard feelings IMO. (at least its not in Gisele's character to bad mouth others to the media even if there was some bad "blood", lol) sometimes I wish she would spill the beans. :laugh: . She is too professional. For now its anyone's guess. A mystery to us all. :p but this is just my observatory theory through interviews and such. :wave:

VS should be so lucky to have her name associated with them. On the night of VSFS twitter was bombarded with "Its not the same without Gisele" tweets even after all these years. I think its Gisele's preference tbh. She has her own branding now. She doesn't want to be labeled as "vs model". ;)

You see, my first though is that VS is probably still pissed Gisele wanted to do other things and left. But they mention Tyra and Heidi and they both left to do other things, so its odd. Like they got a beef with Gisele or something. :/

maybe you're right miche and it's just business VS doesn't mention her name,but imho they shouldn't have forgotten what she did for them, VS became extremely popular since late 90's and the reason of this fame are the models they worked with and Gisele Bundchen is one of the first (if not the first) names in that list.

yeah after all these years,even non Gi fans miss her in VS and everyone is indentured that VS isn't VS without Gisele.I'm pretty confused why they don't want to mention her,cuz she's Gisele Bundchen and mentioning her name is free advertisement for them and for everyone :idk: it's really kinda mystery for me :laugh:

but no matter if they mention her name or not,all I know is that Gisele Bundchen is a huge loss of VS and not VS is Gisele's loss :p

yep good points!

and love your last statement. :thumbsup: I remember when Gisele first left VS people wondered if Gisele was finally over with,... and her haters of course wished for the worst...she sure proved them wrong. If anything she got bigger and better/more work after VS. :laugh: and hasn't stopped since.

Also I can't picture Gisele at VS how it is today. She's too fierce on the runway she would never make clown faces/put her hands in the air acting a fool. :ninja: but Gisele's presence alone is enough. She would never have to resort to silly antics.

yeah her career grows and grows everyday and that's so awesome,cuz most of her age models start loosing fame at this age and don't get such great contracts :ddr:

I just watched some vids on youtube of VS recent show again and just thought the same,can't imagine Gisele on the runway like that :/ somehow I don't like when models act so free on the runway,always remember her in VS 2006 opening with Justin :laugh: that was really unforgettable moment in Gi's runway history :laugh: she's always been and still is so self-confident and powerful woman on the catwalk and just doesn't need to blow kisses in the air while rocking the runway :cain:

Mostly, the "mysterious" mysteries and made-up (mostly by people on BZ :) ) issues have the easiest reasons and resolutions. And actually, I don´t really mind, I don´t think it´s THAT important.

She has an amazing career and I´m glad for that :yes:

I did a 2011 overview :)

Covers:

Vogue Japan January by Mario Sorrenti

Vogue China February by Patrick Demarchelier

Muse February by Daniele Duella and Iango Henzi

Vogue Turkey March by Mert & Marcus

Vogue Portugal April (reprint)

Vogue Paris April by Inez & Vinoodh

Numero Tokyo May by Nino Munoz

V Spain June by Hedi Slimane

Vogue Brazil July (4 covers + 1 subscribers) by Jacques Dequeker/Patrick Demarchelier

Vogue Australia July (reprint)

i-D Pre Fall by Emma Summerton

Harper's Bazaar Brasil November by Terry Richardson

Vogue UK December by Mario Testino

3 Cosmopolitan covers (reprints)

3 Elle covers (reprints)

1 InStyle cover (reprint)

+26 misc covers

Editorials:

Vogue China January "Boyish Allure" by Demarchelier

Muse February by Duella and Iango

Vogue Turkey by M&M

V Magazine March by Hedi Slimane

Vogue US April "Bodies of work" by M&M

Vogue Paris April by I&V

Numero Tokyo May by Munoz

Vogue Brazil July "Timeline" by Demarchelier

Vogue Brazil July "Skin deep" by Dequeker

Vogue Brazil July "Like a Goddess" by Dequeker

Vogue Brazil July "Survivor" by Dequeker

i-D August/pre fall "Pick me up" by Summerton

Harper's Bazaar Brasil November "Gisele pop" by Richardson

Vogue UK December "She's electric" by Testino

Campaigns:

Balenciaga S/S (only girl) by Steven Meisel

Isabel Marant S/S (only girl) by I&V

H&M S/S by Daniel Jackson

Esprit F/W by David Sims

contracts/brands:

Fidelia,Pantene,Sky,Vivara,C&A,Hope,Ipanema,Sejaa, GB Brazilian Intimates

Shows:

Colcci F/W

Gisele Bundchen Brazilian Intimates

Givenchy S/S 2012 exclusive

NO ONE beats her in the covers department :D

another celeb mentioning Gisele :rofl:

Monday December 12, 11.49am: Vogue cover girl Cheryl Cole may be most women (and most men's), ideal, but she's explained how she's come to terms with the fact she'll never look quite like Gisele.

"We all want to look like Gisele and look good in those sparkly leggings and then we wear them and don't look good in them because that's Gisele's shape," Cole told us. "We have to accept - well I have to accept - that I'm never going to be 6'2.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2011/09/15/che...ion-stylistpick

(seems she's talking about Gisele's British Vogue cover)

little mention about Gisele from I&V :blush:

You have a really varied crew of favorites ”Daria, Tasha, Guinevere, Kate Moss, among others. What do you respond to in all these different girls?

IVL: Its all about personality. For instance, we love working with Raquel [Zimmermann] because shes someone that doesnt necessarily care whether shes beautiful in a picture. She has this incredible amount of trust and shes ready to be anything, because shes interested in the process of creating an image.

VM: Gisele is the same.

http://www.style.com/stylefile/2011/12/the...ez-and-vinoodh/

to me that is a great compliment for a model and maybe a big reason why some girls are more in demand than others. A girl who only cares how pretty/hot/sexy she is in a photo is not a great model, imo.