Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Brandiexoxo

And I agree BarbieErin I think we all would like for the show to go back to there 2005/2006 days. the 2013 show had potential but they overdid, it was too many performances during segments, too many performers period, too many models, too many wings, it was just too much. I hope they tame it down a bit this year and really take there time with outfits and segments.

You guys are complaining about Lily and Lindsay but I'd rather have them over Erin any day. In every interview or VS video where she has to talks she always sounds either rehearsed or nervous . She does a good job in catalogs and commercials but nothing standing out from the rest. She's very boring .

I agree about Lily, she's  awkward and not beautiful at all, she's beautiful for a girl you see in market but for a VS Angel, next to so many amazing models, NO! She doesn't even knows how to pose, walk, she's weird in interviews, I think she doesn't deserves to be a VS Angel, she's pretty but she isn't a ''bombshell''. Lindsay too, she's more beautiful, but for me her face and poses are far from ''Supermodel'' When they do so much photoshop on her she looks beautiful but in person she is so shy and doesn't speaks anything, when she's next to other girls, she copies other them or just posing like a fan, she's so boring, I don't know how she'll do the Swim Tour, she is even more awkward than Lily. I like Erin and she is beautiful in shoots and she's maybe sometimes weird in interviews but she's cute and beautiful and she at least speaks something and she always looks amazing on the VSFS especially last year, I she was shining, like a real Angel and Lindsay was the one who wore one of the biggest Wings but I didn't notice her at all, I forgot how she looked, she didn't fit in those Wings. 

Also I hope the Fantasy Bra will get Adriana or Doutzen, I thought it will be Doutzen but I don't think that at all anymore; This year VS didn't use her at all! But am I really the only one who thinks she this?  :mellow:  She was little bit invisible this year, nobody was mentioning her in anything since VSFS , no a single word about her( in VS)!
All Angels shoot with Ben Watts this year expect her, she started shooting late, almost like Adriana and she wasn't even pregnant or anything :p she didn't attend any event until the ''SoulCycle '' I feel like she wasn't treated as an Angel in VS this year at all, she didn't work with VS too much since VSFS, even some models got more shoots than her AND I have to mention about her H&M contract and how she told about it , I think VS let her that contract because they don't need her too much. She deserves Fantasy Bra, but I don't think she'll get it...

The thing is that VS wants "real" girls instead of the stereotype of perfection and goddesses. They want this angel who's more like rock n' roll, then the one that is romantic, etc, to represent real women.

I don't like it too but they sell over 6 billions last year so it's going well.

^Yeah true, but I got a feeling that by next year at least they are going to be dropping some angels and adding new ones especially how they are working with all theses non angels models so much for the holiday catalog and what not, but I could be wrong.

^Lindsey is beautiful no doubt (a real life Barbie) and she is good in the catalog, interviews, shows, etc but she bores me sometimes and I always wine up forgetting about her all the time and that she is even an angel for that matter.

All in all she is pretty girl and has everything going for her but she still lacks something for me to help her stand out and break from the crowd. Like in the commercials for example she tends to fall to the back and get overshadow a lot. Like I said she should be one of VS regulars not an angel, but that's just my opinion and I know everyone has there own opinions and view of the angels.

Back on the show what themes do you guys think would be good for the some segments?

I think Pink should die too, but we know it's not gonna happen. Plus, they would probably start using Pink stuff for other sections, which would suck.  :ninja:

I'd like to see some different segments this year. Sexy Warriors would be good if well executed. I think they'll do a scottish section a la 2006 again. They should do a Halloween thing with the fantasies they have in their Halloween shoots, which Candice could open because she's always the star of that stuff. 

I've always wanted a Halloween segment because it's my favorite Holiday but since the show happens right after Halloween I doubt they will ever make it. I'd like to see them do another Christmas segment a la 2005 because the last couple ones they had really sucked.

But my ultimate dream segment it's a pin-up girls theme, that's the one theme I've always wanted to see them do. And them a Vegas/Burlesque theme would be killer too.

I've always wanted a Halloween segment because it's my favorite Holiday but since the show happens right after Halloween I doubt they will ever make it.too.

Yeah I love Halloween as well and it would be cool if they had a segment for it, but like you said I doubt it would happen and VS would probably go crazy with tackiness.

I wouldn't mind them doing a full on bridal/wedding sort of segment with all the girls walking down the runway/aisle and a big chandelier over the audience and what not. I think it would be nice especially since they have some really amazing lingerie in their bridal collection.

Not only tackiness but can you imagine how much people would start bitching about it? If they Geisha costume & the Thanksgiving outfit were criticized last year, people would lose their shit if VS puts slutty nurse, slutty student & slutty anything on the runway?  Americans can be ridiculously sensitive at times and I doubt VS will take that risk.

Not only tackiness but can you imagine how much people would start bitching about it? If they Geisha costume & the Thanksgiving outfit were criticized last year, people would lose their shit if VS puts slutty nurse, slutty student & slutty anything on the runway?  Americans can be ridiculously sensitive at times and I doubt VS will take that risk.

This is CBS we're talking about; one of the networks strong-armed by the likes of the Family Research Council and other "family" groups that . They're not about to let VS get anymore risque (I know, I'd hardly consider any of their shows to be risque). If anything, VS become more and more tame with their outfits and designs. Now, if they were move to a cable network..

It wasn't CBS complaining about Karlie's outfit last year though. I'm sure CBS checks everything before they agree to the outfits, but last year it was stupid people complaining and CBS couldn't do anything else but cut Karlie

I hope this year segments will be better ,more quality and I hope there will be more ''angelic'' segment like 2006 with finale, it was fantastic and the scene was way better and not Pink finale  :cry2:or something so colorfuand all models to walk next to each other at finale  :cry2: I think that since 2010 there is too much everything, like too much ideas for one show, and again everything was too colorfu, like every segment became ''Pink'', they miss a real bombshell show, like 2005, I liked how in earlier years each outfit for one segment had something to do with segment.  I also hope  they change the stage sometimes.... It would be so nice if ropes could be different this year because it was every year the same color expect 2010 and 2012 , it wouldn't kill anyone if they were silver with little pink, also not every model needs to wear big,fat,sparkle Wings....

I lost my hopes with VS at this point. They won't have a sexy show anymore, or at least I'm not holding my breath about this. It's still gonna be overdone, featuring thousands of performers, Candice everywhere, Adriana and her silly faces that sometimes are cute but she should have a break (love you, Dri), wrong models being casted instead of our faves, etc etc etc...