Bellazon

People not posting pics (only links) in model threads

ngolf

Here's an example of two posts to illustrate:

http://www.bellazon....40#entry3148240

http://www.bellazon....40#entry3148343

First one uses a picture host, so it's not using up Bellazon's bandwidth.

First one you can see what's being posted. That's how almost all posts were in the past.

Now people post links that you have to follow to see whether it's worth looking at.

We do strongly encourage posting pics rather than links, although we don't have any hard and fast rules about it at the moment. It's possible that could change, but a lot will depend on how it goes in the future. Quite honestly, I think we'll probably see more textlinking of Twitter photos, as it appears to be more difficult to just right click and save them these days. While not ideal, I think it's more desirable than hotlinking.

I don't have a problem with it, maybe the person posting doesn't have time to post the pictures, at least they care to update thread one way or another. Maybe somebody can post them afterwards the link was posted?

exactly.

i do this when i dont have time to click-save-click-upload pics...its better link with pics ,than no new info at all :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but people posting links to tumblr/instagram/twitter/FB/etc are spammers to me. They don't even take time to upload a picture to post it directly and now threads (Barbara P or Emily Didonato to name a few) are spammed with links, links links! And what's the point to post links when u can't see the pictures because u don't "follow" that person on twitter or other social networks.

It's just plain annoying.

Well like were said it's better to update with links than nothing but it's quite annoying seeing only links and letters like in the barbara palvin thread it's rare to see a photo there,it makes the navegation a lot easier,so it would be really great if people posted more pictures,but again better links than nothing!

I understand your point, seeing pages with links can get tedious especially those with only links to one unforgettable picture, but other users like myself eventually post links to an article of a model's new work and don't find the time to save, upload and then post. What will happen when someone posts a link to a picture that can't be coded? or a link to a youtube video because they don't know how to post it? Are they getting warned because of that? Heck no!

Maybe you should try to be more specific with your request, maybe to not post links that lead to a single instagram picture or something along those lines?

And as gabelovelais said better links than nothing!

First of all, it is better to textlink than to hotlink images. However if someone would like to upload the textlinked images please feel free to do so. Just quote the original post with the link(s) and post the image codes underneath (Y)

Thank You! :flower:

I just realized that links posted may not be available in the future, which would compromise the images in those links, so it would be nice to do what PC said, post image codes while quoting the post with the link. I think that's a good solution :D

The issue is that some people just might not know HOW to post. In that case I think a post here describing how to do so would be helpful to such persons.

There are detailed descriptions on how to post images HERE (Section 4, Bellazon FAQ).