Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

yeah.  if kate (or anyone) was placed in a vacuum, they wouldn't survive for long since there's no oxygen. 

more likely they did a shoot on a zero G airplane.  despite what jimmy fallon thinks, it's hard to look good in zero gravity.  pretty risky thing to do for a cover shoot.  nevermind that the background will just be padded white walls and not a blue sky or sandy beach. 

i mean, this hardly screams "swimsuit cover" right?  i think it would be better suited towards a feature, like heidi's thing in vintage suits or bar's thing with athletes.

zero-gravity.jpg

Well, they went to Antarctica and now space so I am thinking the deep sea might be next to keep up with the final frontier theme. :hehe:

I think wherever they did Kate's zero G shoot they will have no compunction about completely photoshopping the background although that may look pretty cheesy.

^They could easily green screen it, but I would be very surprised if they did that. The magazine is supposed to be about the photography in addition to the girls/locations/all that guff. I'd have thought compositing a shot together would move to cheapen that side of it I%20dont%20know.gif

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=847114
quote: "NBC and Time Inc. are teaming up to bring some very sexy times to your television.

The two companies are partnering for the upcoming special 'Sports Illustrated Swimsuit: 50 Years of Beautiful,' which will air Feb. 3 at 9 p.m.

The two-hour, star-studded extravaganza will be hosted by former swimsuit cover model Heidi Klum, who'll be joined by her esteemed colleagues Tyra Banks, Christie Brinkley, Kathy Ireland, Marisa Miller, Kate Upton.

Musical entertainment will be provided by Lady Antebellum, Enrique Iglesias, John Legend and Tim McGraw.

The special will indulge viewers in the storied history of the franchise, with behind-the-scenes footage and photography from the exotic cover shoots and back stories from the most loved and recognizable swimsuit models on the planet. All of this will culminate in a countdown of the top 10 SI swimsuit covers of all time."

NASA has a drop tower that can simulate near zero gravity, but only for about 5 seconds. I don't know how big it is, or how accommodating it would be for a photoshoot though. I imagine they went the plane route too, as you suggested - which gives closer to 30 seconds at a time. It remains to be seen how they decided to dress the set up, and/or what other things they did creatively (although I'm not expecting much) - there's no reason why they'd have to leave it bare though, unless that was the look they were going for. I'm certainly interested in the outcome, despite my apathy towards Kate :notsure:

I'd like to see an underwater shoot.. I don't know why they haven't done that before. It seems more interesting, if not pertinent <_<

The drop towers are just for dropping experiments not people. So I agree they probably went in a plane. They've done underwater shoots before (eg. SI 2005), just not for the cover as far as I know.

Guys the NBC special is TAPED today in LA in the night... MJ and Co are in LA right now , also Heidi and most of the all star models... also is there Kate bock and Chrissy teigen according to her twitter accounts.

The issue normally comes out of the second Tuesday of the month, I'm not sure why they'd change that. They always try and have the magazine on stands for Valentine's Day, so having it come out on the 18th seem unlikely.

Pretty! dont u think is kinda weird that they are doing the special thing before they revealed the cover and the vids and stuff ? ... i think it would more interesting with the new stuff out.... i mean i think.

The issue normally comes out of the second Tuesday of the month, I'm not sure why they'd change that. They always try and have the magazine on stands for Valentine's Day, so having it come out on the 18th seem unlikely.

Pretty! dont u think is kinda weird that they are doing the special thing before they revealed the cover and the vids and stuff ? ... i think it would more interesting with the new stuff out.... i mean i think.

No, I don't think it's weird at all. :idk:

I'd ask Whitney what's up, but she's so busy with work atm I barely get a chance to talk to her lately. pst. bitch you better not be keeping me in the dark about the magazine. <3 love you