Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

in the early days, very few of each issue's models returned for subsequent issues.  i think certain standouts, like cheryl tiegs, changed all that.  through jule campbell's reign, the percent of models returning went from very low (0-25%) to around 60%.  skipping over elaine farley's two-year tenure, diane smith had relatively high turnover in her first few years--the 1999 and 2000 issues had less than a 40% return rate.  but since then, it's been closer to 70%.  in mj's first issue as sole editor, she didn't hit the 'reset' button like diane did, but maybe she's doing that with this year's issue.  i certainly encourage it, but i'd be interested to hear the other viewpoint, too.

btw, i really don't understand the opinion that more rookies are bad.  can someone explain?

i wholeheartedly support a bit more turnover among models, so i say the more rookies, the better.

in MY  case, its like a thing of "exclusivity " u know... its kinda like just some good/pupular models make it... and not like now that maybe looks like its not so hard to get.  girls like samantha are just a waste in my opinion and stole some unnecessary spotlight in girls that we do like or deserve .

ok, thanks. i guess that makes sense, though it's more an argument for fewer models period, rather than fewer rookies.  but, like you say, if the rookies aren't good/interesting enough to displace a great veteran, then i see where you're coming from.  at this point i think it's a bit early to judge, but if the guesses we have so far prove correct, i think it'll be a pretty fantastic rookie class replacing a (perhaps) increasingly stale veteran group.

btw, i really don't understand the opinion that more rookies are bad.  can someone explain?

i wholeheartedly support a bit more turnover among models, so i say the more rookies, the better.

in MY  case, its like a thing of "exclusivity " u know... its kinda like just some good/pupular models make it... and not like now that maybe looks like its not so hard to get.  girls like samantha are just a waste in my opinion and stole some unnecessary spotlight in girls that we do like or deserve .

This.

I feel like this years the slogan was "Have big tits? Please, come in!". I say the perfect amount of rookies is 4 or 5 and 15 to 17 veterans at the most, now we have at least seven semi-confirmed rookies + the returning models + the All-Stars. 2014 will be about as exclusive as a Macy's catalog in terms of models.

BTW I doubt it's Brooklyn, as much as it looks like her and I would love it to be her, I think she is in some charity events this week with her husband, so unless the picture is old or the charity event is taking place in St. Lucia it can't be her.

+1

I'm scratching me head at this too. Since when is having an abundance of tits and ass a bad thing?

What are you worried your favs aren't going to get the face time you think they deserve or something?

i feel like it's been a while since we've updated the location and model guesses, but i was just wondering: have any on-location preview pics looked like kate upton (not counting the studio shoot with all-stars)?

I heard she did a possible "secret" shoot in South America, but MJ won't post any of her pics because of how identifiable her body is, there are also a couple of pics suggesting she shot in New Jersey, but with the way SI staff are shooting instagram shots almost impossible to tell it's her.

Just wondering - looked at this year's issue again and noticed the Honda ad between the Spain and Vegas shoots.  Blonde girl in bikini.  Any chance that's the Samantha Hoopes someone mentioned earlier?  Looked like similar body and face to me, but can't really tell

That's Chelsea Salmon.  She is also featured in the target ads of the Secret of Swimsuit booklet that is inside the magazine.

http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/45979-chelsea-salmon/