Bellazon

What made you smile/laugh today?

frenchkiki

6 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I've been working through Richard Jeni's material.

Wow, he was such a pro.  Perfect delivery.  He seems to have been the forgotten comedian. It would be cool to see other comedians copy and build on/ modernize his style.  

@CandleVixen

Yeah, he was a wonderful comedian. Unfortunately we lost his talent all too soon. 
He is one of Hubs favorites. We still watch his shows and we still have conversations peppered with his quotes. 
A fave one is Card Table Dating “you know Bosco?”

7 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Yeah, he was a wonderful comedian. Unfortunately we lost his talent all too soon. 
He is one of Hubs favorites. We still watch his shows and we still have conversations peppered with his quotes. 
A fave one is Card Table Dating “you know Bosco?”

It seems like he was  big in the 90s-mid 2000s ? And he was very ambitious and wanted to become a star like Seinfeld/Carrey but his attempts to succeed in sitcoms and become a megastar failed.  This appears to have led to his suicide.  I didn't know until recently that he was in "The Mask".

film-still-from-the-mask-richard-jeni-ji

On 12/9/2019 at 7:18 AM, Cult Icon said:

It seems like he was  big in the 90s-mid 2000s ? And he was very ambitious and wanted to become a star like Seinfeld/Carrey but his attempts to succeed in sitcoms and become a megastar failed.  This appears to have led to his suicide.  I didn't know until recently that he was in "The Mask".

That sounds about right. Apparently though, he had underlying depression besides not making it as a comedic actor.