Bellazon

What made you smile/laugh today?

frenchkiki

^^^ I don't know who has seen The Interview, but Rodman reminds me of James Franco's character during the first half of the movie. The character is completely fooled by North Korea and the false image of the country they show him. I imagine that's what has happened with Rodman. Maybe :idk:

14 minutes ago, jkjk said:

^^^ I don't know who has seen The Interview, but Rodman reminds me of James Franco's character during the first half of the movie. The character is completely fooled by North Korea and the false image of the country they show him. I imagine that's what has happened with Rodman. Maybe :idk:

Rodman was probably well paid for this?  Didn't Steven Seagal also visit Putin?

There's a great french comic that I read a few years back that had an insider's look into North Korea.  I don't remember the name of the comic offhand but the author (a professional  animator ) was hired by the NK for some projects and he was able to see how the NK's lived.  Essentially they have a  1930s ish living standard with limited electrification.

The situation in NK is sad.  I have sometimes wondered if the situation would have been for the better if Western forces did not fail in Korea.  In 1946, the GOP congress managed to dismantle the US military from 11.5 million men to 2 million (1 million in the Army).  This was ruinous to the Army, and led to the NK regime which has existed until this day.

As chronicled in "Master of the Senate",  anti-war populism fueling GOP domination of the Senate sealed the fate of Korea.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

Rodman was probably well paid for this?  Didn't Steven Seagal also visit Putin?

There's a great french comic that I read a few years back that had an insider's look into North Korea.  I don't remember the name of the comic offhand but the author (a professional  animator ) was hired by the NK for some projects and he was able to see how the NK's lived.  Essentially they have a  1930s ish living standard with limited electrification.

The situation in NK is sad.  I have sometimes wondered if the situation would have been for the better if Western forces did not fail in Korea.  In 1946, the GOP congress managed to dismantle the US military from 11.5 million men to 2 million (1 million in the Army).  This was ruinous to the Army, and led to the NK regime which has existed until this day.

As chronicled in "Master of the Senate",  anti-war populism fueling GOP domination of the Senate sealed the fate of Korea.

The list of countries in which the US fought and then abandoned is fairly long. There are a number of reasons, of course, but war-fatigue usually has a strong influence.

(It's not just the US, but I focused there to stay on point with your post.)

German officials confiscate 35 tons of fidget spinners and will crush them out of existence

:rofl: 

BERLIN — It sounds like a dream come true for teachers, coaches, parents or anyone else who has had to deal with distracted kids playing with this year’s must-have toy, the fidget spinner.

Frankfurt airport customs authorities said Friday they confiscated 35 metric tons of the tiny twirling gadgets in May alone and plan on crushing them out of existence.

They say they tested the toys, which came in multiple shipments from China, and found that bits could fall off and pose possible choking hazards for small children.

Customs spokeswoman Christine Strauss says they were also missing other required details, like legible instructions and information about which company produced the product.

On 6/16/2017 at 10:00 PM, jkjk said:

The list of countries in which the US fought and then abandoned is fairly long. There are a number of reasons, of course, but war-fatigue usually has a strong influence.

(It's not just the US, but I focused there to stay on point with your post.)

I wouldn't say war fatigue but mostly dominant anti-military attitudes and a strong aversion towards mass armies and the taking of casualties.   It took Pearl Harbor, 1941 to galvanize the public, economy, and state towards obvious threats.   The US Army was a third-rate institution prior to it.  Korea casted a long shadow: it created the conditions for escalation in Vietnam and beyond it.

^^

Christy i feel like she's gorgeous but doesn't have personality.  When I first saw her in VS I thought that she was the next German supermodel but then she did lots of androgynous shoots.  She polished Leo Dicapro's nob (an internship) for some time too. Like Karlie, her public style was also androgynous/messy, too.  Elsa Hosk's style also sucks in my opinion.  

22 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

this thread drama

Shit, I needed to eat Goji berries and drink some vitamins cause I couldn't handle shit this person wrote. I am gonna eat a bar of chocolate and watch Prada show to unwind cause in many years I haven't seen that much garbage in one statement here.

if this is meant to be literally then it's seriously funny :laugh: