Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

I am eternally butthurt that Jourdan was passed up.

Well, with Chanel possibly gone, maybe she or Jasmine will fill the void of English speaking black girl. On that subject, since the the spots for black models to walk the show have become so competitive/coveted., I've made of list of my preferences:

Would love to see:

Jourdan- skinny, but her personality seems far more authentic

Joan- modern-day version of Liya

Emanuela- She's one of the few "curvy" models that the team actually casts with one of the best faces in the industry. I'm still kinda mad at how her agency

mismanages her :/

Lays Silva- One of the few Brazilians VS seemed to let go unnoticed, so it's probably not going to happen.

Ariel Meredith- Her casting footage from previous shows :whistle: She might be "too obvious" for them though

Jasmine Tookes- Shes really skinny too, but better suited for lingerie than alot of other girls her size

Arlenis- With the increase in work and being included in the Holiday catalogue, she pretty much is a sure thing.

Gracie- She might look pretty similar to Lais and Emanuela, but I think she's well suited for the brand and better on the runway than Lais

Models I'd be ok with:

Lais- Well, shes a safe-bet.

Lyndsey Scott- I'm not sure why they only cast her once.

Chrishell- She has a very interesting look.

Ajak Deng-

Ataui Deng-

Anais- I liked her in the 2011 show, even if she had little screen time

Nyasha- She's like a mix of Naomi and Jourdan. I think shes taking time off for school though

Models I'd rather not see:

Chanel- Never understood for appeal for VS (other than PINK) and her runway presence is somewhat sloppy now, although, thats probably because of the directions their given. Still, there are so many other models that I'd go with over her.

Selita- You had a good run, but its time to hang those angel wings up.

Sessilee- I think it was the fact that they threw a wig on her in the 2008 show and that her walk was all over the place that turned me off.

Please, never again:

Jessica White :rofl:

Noemie- Very beautiful face, but a mess on the (VS) runway.

I am eternally butthurt that Jourdan was passed up.

Well, with Chanel possibly gone, maybe she or Jasmine will fill the void of English speaking black girl. On that subject, since the the spots for black models to walk the show have become so competitive/coveted., I've made of list of my preferences:

Would love to see:

Jourdan- skinny, but her personality seems far more authentic

Joan- modern-day version of Liya

Emanuela- She's one of the few "curvy" models that the team actually casts with one of the best faces in the industry. I'm still kinda mad at how her agency

mismanages her :/

Lays Silva- One of the few Brazilians VS seemed to let go unnoticed, so it's probably not going to happen.

Ariel Meredith- Her casting footage from previous shows :whistle: She might be "too obvious" for them though

Jasmine Tookes- Shes really skinny too, but better suited for lingerie than alot of other girls her size

Arlenis- With the increase in work and being included in the Holiday catalogue, she pretty much is a sure thing.

Gracie- She might look pretty similar to Lais and Emanuela, but I think she's well suited for the brand and better on the runway than Lais

Models I'd be ok with:

Lais- Well, shes a safe-bet.

Lyndsey Scott- I'm not sure why they only cast her once.

Chrishell- She has a very interesting look.

Ajak Deng-

Ataui Deng-

Anais- I liked her in the 2011 show, even if she had little screen time

Nyasha- She's like a mix of Naomi and Jourdan. I think shes taking time off for school though

Models I'd rather not see:

Chanel- Never understood for appeal for VS (other than PINK) and her runway presence is somewhat sloppy now, although, thats probably because of the directions their given. Still, there are so many other models that I'd go with over her.

Selita- You had a good run, but its time to hang those angel wings up.

Sessilee- I think it was the fact that they threw a wig on her in the 2008 show and that her walk was all over the place that turned me off.

Please, never again:

Jessica White :rofl:

Noemie- Very beautiful face, but a mess on the (VS) runway.

I agree with your list 100%. Although I love Lais and I dislike Chanel Iman overall, and I'd rather her never be there. :ninja:

I am in love with Gaye McDonald, and although VS will never book her I think she is such a stunning model. I honestly feel like there need to be more darker skinned models. Like I ranted in the previous thread, while light skinned 'dark' models are beautiful, I don't feel like black models are being represented in all their divine shades.

in my opinion Daniela Braga could be a good option for Token black girl ( she shooted VS too) either way i like Lais ribeiro too

It worries me that that shade of black skin (while beautiful) is supposed to pass off as 'token black girl'. In fact, it worries me that we even have to mention needing a token black girl.

*sigh*

Lovely commercial world we live in.

I still think thy the best black model was Oluchi. She had the best face and incredible body. She was very subtle and that's why I loved her. It seemed at one point she was close to getting a contract but it never happened. It's too late now anyway. Last time she was at the VSFS was 2007.

As for the fb I think it's safe to assume its Alessandra. Good for her. I can't wait to see it. If its anything like the preview we saw from Russel then I'm excited for the colors. Would be different.

I know we see girls like Caroline BN and wonder how they were ever picked over some girls like Cintia, but VS must have their reasons. They say every year that when they see girls they look for a spark. Mabe they just don't see that in Cintia when she goes to castings. Look at Joan. I'm sure she had tried out every year because I remember seeing her in 08 or 09 casting video and last year she finally got in. So you never know with VS.

Yeah Marisa had to wait like a thousand years for VS to finally give her some love. I'm still hopeful for Cintia, you never now.

I think some safe names for this year looking at the catalogues/comercials/events would be Lais, Barbara, Elsa (is she or isn't she? the beauty of VS), Bregje, Toni, Arlenis, Jessica Hart & Sara Sampaio. & then there's girls like Julia S, Caroline W & Anne V who never do catalogue work but are usually walking. Anne V already tweeted some stuff about the VS Show so maybe she knows she's walking already.

Two other girls I'd love to see doing the show are Nina Agdal & Kate Upton but i know is not going to happen. Also Marloes would be nice to see there