Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

LOL, George. I don't like him, never did. He is smug and pretentious, the fake-nice guy. That being said, I too wonder about whom he was talking. I mean, Leo has many friends, it's difficult to tell which of his friends is not a good influence to him  :idk:.

It must be very difficult for Leo trusting people... I imagine that he must deal with fake people on a daily basis, it's sad :(.

And that headline is so misleading  :laugh:.

Anyways weird that George would even bring this up lol. He just comes across as really sensitive. 

I did wonder that too, I assume it was a long time ago as well! He has a new film to promote so maybe it's attention or something! 

I'm thinking maybe this happened a while ago...because I don't think Leo and George have been on friendly terms for a while. I mean I don't think they hate eachother or avoid eachother at all costs, I mean Leo did work on his movie the Ides of March, but the only time I can think when leo and george would be playing on basketball terms was maybe the late ninties?

Which makes sense because if I remember correctly leo kinda hung with a different crowd back then...wasn't there stories about leo dropping some friends that were a bad influence on him? Like David Blaine, and some others...

anywho whatevs, hes got what seems to be agood group around him now :)

sidenote: nanda, agree about George, never been a fan of his smugness :cain:

Hey George Clooney get that big stick out of your behind.

Trash-talking in pick up basketball games is expected . Besides you come off like a little baby calling Leo out in  a magazine article for something like that. He has his own clique of friends like Pitt and Damon, who ass kiss amongst themselve - its so high school. :gocho:

Well George didn't speak Ill of Leo directly, so meh it's all good. :p There was a pap vid where Leo's step brother made himself look like a complete jackass by swearing and threatening the paps, that incident occurred in the mid 90's. He (Adam) also was arrested for assualting his GF if memory serves me correct. Though speaking of his step brother it's been over 10 years since they've been photographed together, hope all is well.

Oh and thanks Shine for the article. Love ya too :kiss:

Well George didn't speak Ill of Leo directly, so meh it's all good. :p There was a pap vid where Leo's step brother made himself look like a complete jackass by swearing and threatening the paps, that incident occurred in the mid 90's. He (Adam) also was arrested for assualting his GF if memory serves me correct. Though speaking of his step brother it's been over 10 years since they've been photographed together, hope all is well.

Oh and thanks Shine for the article. Love ya too :kiss:

Oh, I think he speaks ill of someone directly when you say someone surrounds himself with people who won't tell him what's what - it's saying Leo only has people around him who are suck ups. Which I doubt but EVEN if it were true, I think it's self-serving of George to say it publically.What does he really know about what kind of people Leo's friends are.

oxford25, on 11 Nov 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:oxford25, on 11 Nov 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

Apparently like last year , tonight's party is both Leo's birthday party and charity event

Kudos for making it once again a fundraiser for good cause; I remember last year the proceeds went to victims of Hurricane Sandy

QuoteQuote

Tweet from girl who tweeted pix of herself and friends with charity event hastag

martika_avalon

37 minutes ago

Bday Party ✨ #leonardo #dicaprio #tao #nyc #charity #event

Awesome! Thanks Oxford!

So esquire posted the entire interview with Clooney and this is exactly what he said:

He has other houses. He has one, famously, on Lake Como, in Italy, and he has built another in Cabo. In this, he is not so much of a throwback—after all, Leonardo DiCaprio has a house in Cabo. Indeed, Clooney and DiCaprio once ran into each other in Cabo and struck up a conversation based on their common interest in basketball. They each have ongoing games, and their ongoing games have attained a celebrity of their own. Clooney suggested they might play someday. DiCaprio said sure, but felt compelled to add, “You know, we’re pretty serious.”

They played at a neighborhood court. “You know, I can play,” Clooney says in his living room. “I’m not great, by any means, but I played high school basketball, and I know I can play. I also know that you don’t talk shit unless you can play. And the thing about playing Leo is you have all these guys talking shit. We get there, and there’s this guy, Danny A I think his name is. Danny A is this club kid from New York. And he comes up to me and says, ‘We played once at Chelsea Piers. I kicked your ass.’ I said, ‘I’ve only played at Chelsea Piers once in my life and ran the table. So if we played, you didn’t kick anybody’s ass.’ And so then we’re watching them warm up, and they’re doing this weave around the court, and one of the guys I play with says, ‘You know we’re going to kill these guys, right?’ Because they can’t play at all. We’re all like fifty years old, and we beat them three straight: 11–0, 11–0, 11–0. And the discrepancy between their game and how they talked about their game made me think of how important it is to have someone in your life to tell you what’s what. I’m not sure if Leo has someone like that.”

http://www.esquire.com/features/george-clooney-interview-1213-2

As a result, he is not just a man with a healthy ego, as the saying goes; he’s a man with a healthy superego, a famous person for whom fame functions as a kind of conscience. He knows what audiences want from him, in movie theaters; what gawkers want from him, on the red carpet; what reporters want from him, in interviews—and, by and large, he tries to give it to them. Even his lightheartedness derives from a sense of obligation; his casual approach to fame turns out to be one of the things he’s serious about. Being famous is not just what he knows how to do better than anyone else; it’s arguably what he knows how to do better than anything else. He is the president of a club of famous people he doesn’t consider assholes, and he convenes it every time he makes a movie. He has made movies with Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Don Cheadle, Julia Roberts, and Cate Blanchett. He has never been in a movie with Leonardo DiCaprio or Russell Crowe.

I wonder if Clooney is still bitter that Leo didn't do Ides of March. Leo was suppose to play the Ryan Gosling role in the film but had to drop out or something because Leo was going to do J Edgar. It seems to me like he doesn't know Leo and how can he judge someone from a freaking basketball game. People talk smack all the time in basketball games.

Hey George Clooney get that big stick out of your behind.

I'm laughing so hard :rofl:.

why he don't take care of his own life?

+ 1 ;)

Now, reading the entire interview, we know the friend is Danny. George sounds like a damn BORING guy :laugh:.

We can see Leo didn't wasted his time with this bullshit anyway :D.

really cool to see Leo let loose like that, we rarely get to see that side of him. :heart:

Ahhh, I'm in love with these videos :heart:. They are so so so much better than just pics :D.

The video of Leo and Toni is so good :wub:. I'm sure Toni and her friends had an amazing time... I know I would :laugh:.

BTW, thanks all for all the updates :thumbsup:.

I wonder if Clooney is still bitter that Leo didn't do Ides of March. Leo was suppose to play the Ryan Gosling role in the film but had to drop out or something because Leo was going to do J Edgar. It seems to me like he doesn't know Leo and how can he judge someone from a freaking basketball game. People talk smack all the time in basketball games.

If he is, he is SO immature :cain:.

LOL, George is talking about Leo but I'm SURE his friends lick his a$$ all the time (just the way he likes  :laugh:).

The guys were playing and having fun and happened a long time ago (I think).

George is bitter because Leo didn't invite him to see 2 Chainz and Kanye performing :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:. We also weren't invited, George <_<... move on :rofl:.

Nanda23, on 11 Nov 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:Nanda23, on 11 Nov 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:Nanda23, on 11 Nov 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:Nanda23, on 11 Nov 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:Nanda23, on 11 Nov 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

They are so so so much better than just pics :D.

The video of Leo and Toni is so good :wub:. I'm sure Toni and her friends had an amazing time... I know I would :laugh:.

BTW, thanks all for all the updates :thumbsup:.

Yeah vids are definitely better than pics. :p That Leo and Toni vid was just too adorable (Really want to know what was said between them..i'm nosy :p ).... funny how they were so animated and happy and everyone else around them, for the most part, had like no expression on their face. :p I could make out Helly Nahmad and Richie Akiva in that same vid. :)