Bellazon

General Rants & Raves

DanniCullen

^ No one is taking the title or the room from you ,I can assure you. ;)

As you always do it differently. :D

My rant: why I'm here out of my other fav places in BZ, I really had a great peace of mind when I was sticking to the main purpose of the forum,fashion and fashion talks.

A great quote that I myself agree with, and will refer to now:

“The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. It must be so.

In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won't find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference.”

And I'd add that what applies to animals also apply to the 'human animal'. The third world, the first world, whatever. Few of us here and in the EU know what true suffering and horror really is. I understand your ideals. But be grateful for your luck, Ana and what luck, more of less, that other peoples possess. ;)

I am the only Official Social Justice Warrior on Bellazon. As such, I do not appreciate people infringing on my right to be the only person offended about shit.

There's only room for one moral pain in the ass, and that's me.

A great quote that I myself agree with, and will refer to now:

“The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. It must be so.

In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won't find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference.”

And I'd add that what applies to animals also apply to the 'human animal'. The third world, the first world, whatever. Few of us here and in the EU know what true suffering and horror really is. I understand your ideals. But be grateful for your luck, Ana and what luck, more of less, that other peoples possess. ;)

I am the only Official Social Justice Warrior on Bellazon. As such, I do not appreciate people infringing on my right to be the only person offended about shit.

There's only room for one moral pain in the ass, and that's me.

I'd respond to this, but that would require an effort. Sadly, I don't feel like it. lol

I'd respond to this, but that would require an effort. Sadly, I don't feel like it. lol

Alright. :wave:

Lol. I love how 'chill' and polite you are about everything. Now I feel obligated to respond. DAMN YOU CULT!

I understand what you are saying completely, and perhaps on another night I might be able to formulate a much more coherent and valid argument (?). But tonight, the only thing I can really say is that, yes, I do have many things to be thankful for, and comparatively, I have an amazing life. Still, if we cease to point out what is still wrong in our country, culture, and/or society, then things won't progress any further, and honestly, we still have some ways to go.

:) Why did that cause you to write more?

I wasn't arguing with you, but rather I was just trying to remind you to keep a sense of absolute, rather than relative (everything is relative nowadays..) perspective. Misery is the natural state of things- and it takes capital accumulation, experience, and effort to remove it. If the press bothers you so much with its endless reporting of disasters and scandals, then maybe it's time to give yourself a break or limit your intake.

That's what I think. :flower:

Lol. I love how 'chill' and polite you are about everything. Now I feel obligated to respond. DAMN YOU CULT!

I understand what you are saying completely, and perhaps on another night I might be able to formulate a much more coherent and valid argument (?). But tonight, the only thing I can really say is that, yes, I do have many things to be thankful for, and comparatively, I have an amazing life. Still, if we cease to point out what is still wrong in our country, culture, and/or society, then things won't progress any further, and honestly, we still have some ways to go.