Bellazon

Music of 2012

donbot

I thought I'd post this song here... at first I thought it sounds too much like other various foreign singers, but the more I listen to it, the less certain of it I am....

Does she sound to you like other artists, and if so, who?

m5CE1yPDxAs

^Tricky to pinpoint anyone specific - I can detect a little of Lykke Li in her voice, but the general approach (resolutely pop but drawing on folk and electro themes) reminds me more of Ellie Goulding. Also thought this song was pretty intriguing (forgive me Don, as it's not from 2012 :blush:). Squint your ears a bit and it could be Kate Bush doing 'It's Blitz'-era Yeah Yeah Yeahs. :hehe:

^If I'm not mistaken Don, this is your second time seeing her, isn't it? I got to see her back in May, she's a far more confident live performer than I would have ever given her credit for. Very good stuff. Do let me know how it goes. :thumbsup:

^Gorgeous track :heart:

^If I'm not mistaken Don, this is your second time seeing her, isn't it? I got to see her back in May, she's a far more confident live performer than I would have ever given her credit for. Very good stuff. Do let me know how it goes. :thumbsup:

Indeed it was. I just got back, and it was terrific - leaps and bounds above the first show of hers I saw. She's definately gotten better as a performer over the past few years, and of course when you have two albums to draw songs from rather than just one, it makes for a better and longer show. Not only that, it was in a much better venue, and I got to rock out right up the front :ddr:

She also pulled out the White Rabbit cover in the encore :hehe:

I also scored a ticket to Regina Spektor the other day, for her tour this December. Can. Not. Wait. :chicken:

new xx sounds a little Beach House-y and I ain't mad :hehe:

btw I saw Jack White live. I HAVE BEEN IN THE PRESENCE OF A GOD. It was night and raining and there were sound issues but when it was fixed, and those guitar sounds came out full blast, the skies filled with lightning and thunder for there was ROCK to be played.

and along with Jack I saw The Killers, Black Keys, Death Cab, John Legend, Young the Giant, Ra Ra Riot (no Allie Lawn :(), The Head and the Heart, Grouplove, and an up and coming indie pop sensation Penguin Prison (think Passion Pit but more wigger/less gay)

all for $20. volunteer for music festivals people. you won't regret it

I'm not sure if I ever fully got the hype about the first xx album, but I really like that track. :yes:

Bloody love Tame Impala too. There'll be no getting 'Elephant' out of my head for about the next month and a half. :pinch:

Also, currently kicking myself for not giving this album a shot sooner...