Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

what's bugging me is why none members who visit BZ can practically see everything members do. They even know all the members that are online in a given time. The only threads they don't see are the member's, and other than that, only posting is what makes members superior to them. In other forums (I don't want to mention names) non members have far less privileges than they do here. Anyway, what really bothers me is how they can see all the members that all online.

trying again:

Can I get a response from the moderators concerning the issue fo "warnable offences" list?

I'd be lying if I said I knew specifically what the warning was for - every mod and admin has their own standards. With regard to the rules about advertising, they're pretty cut and dried from my perspective.

It's far from unheard of for people to come here simply to advertise their wares. I'm not saying you're of them, but as I'm sure you can appreciate, it arouses suspicion when we see links to other forums posted in unusual places. Having a warning doesn't mean you're marked for life, though. None of the staff are interested in targeting individuals as examples of bad behaviour without very good reason.

what's bugging me is why none members who visit BZ can practically see everything members do. They even know all the members that are online in a given time. The only threads they don't see are the member's, and other than that, only posting is what makes members superior to them. In other forums (I don't want to mention names) non members have far less privileges than they do here. Anyway, what really bothers me is how they can see all the members that all online.

Since it only takes a few moments to open an account, there's really no guarantee of a registered member being any more trustworthy than someone who simply chooses to browse. The amount of personal information you choose to part with in your profile, posts, sig, avi etc is always going to be a judgement call.

If you're ever uncomfortable with having your username on display, I'd recommend signing in anonymously.

trying again:

Can I get a response from the moderators concerning the issue fo "warnable offences" list?

I'd be lying if I said I knew specifically what the warning was for - every mod and admin has their own standards.

So what it doesn't say in the "warnable offences" list?

Currently it says "The list above is more or less what we ask that people avoid." That doesn't fit so well with "every mod and admin has their own standards"

Having a warning doesn't mean you're marked for life,

What does that mean? Does it go away after a while?

The list also talk about "percentage". What does that mean? Does a point correspond to percent?

The third icon from the left on the top toolbar of the editor labeled 'Special BBCode' allows you to embed all sorts of stuff. If you understand BBCode you can also enter it directly by pressing 'Toggle editing mode', the left hand icon on the top toolbar.

Thanks, Tran. I have tried that, but it doesn't always work. I'm stumped. Have you had that problem? Thanks.

Oh another question, when older posts (from, say 2009) say "Thumbnails attached", and I click on them.... I don't know where the thumbnails have gone, and since the thumbnails are not posted, all sourcing fails to show that they ever appeared on Bellazon. If I stumble across an editorial, should I repost the photos? Thanks ahead of time. :)

Thanks, Tran. I have tried that, but it doesn't always work. I'm stumped. Have you had that problem?

I don't think I have ever had that problem. What are you trying to embed?

Oh another question, when older posts (from, say 2009) say "Thumbnails attached", and I click on them.... I don't know where the thumbnails have gone, and since the thumbnails are not posted, all sourcing fails to show that they ever appeared on Bellazon. If I stumble across an editorial, should I repost the photos? Thanks ahead of time. :)

Sounds like the pictures have been deleted from wherever they were stored.

We don't really mind reposts as long as the same stuff doesn't appear more than once within a range of five pages. The forum's content includes many hundreds of thousands of images, so it's impossible to completely avoid ending up with a certain amount of duplicates.

Having a warning doesn't mean you're marked for life,

What does that mean? Does it go away after a while?

The list also talk about "percentage". What does that mean? Does a point correspond to percent?

I couldn't say with 100% accuracy, but I've never known a warning point to be rescinded since I've been part of the staff. What I mean by not being marked for life is that the staff don't hold grudges against members with warning points against their names. In other words, you wouldn't gain any kind of unwanted reputation as a result of one indiscretion.

As for the line about percentages, I suspect it's a leftover from the old forum layout. The recent change dictates that warnings are now given out in points instead, but a point means the same thing as a percent.

trying again:

I'd be lying if I said I knew specifically what the warning was for - every mod and admin has their own standards.

So what it doesn't say in the "warnable offences" list?

Currently it says "The list above is more or less what we ask that people avoid." That doesn't fit so well with "every mod and admin has their own standards"

The rules are very straightforward in terms of what you can and can't do, but you'll always have grey areas when personal judgement is a factor. For example, what one mod deems to be bashing, another may see as constructive criticism. Broadly speaking though, if members follow the laws of the land and not the laws of their own interpretation, they won't have any worries.

The rules are very straightforward in terms of what you can and can't do, but you'll always have grey areas when personal judgement is a factor. For example, what one mod deems to be bashing, another may see as constructive criticism. Broadly speaking though, if members follow the laws of the land and not the laws of their own interpretation, they won't have any worries.

You didn't answer at all.

The question was specific about the "warnable offences", and you didn't refer to it.

Can I get an answer about this question:

Why did I get a warning on an "offence" which does not appear _at all_ in the "warnable offences" list?

To put it another way:

Is it true that moderators also give warning for issues that are not mentioned in the "warnable offences"?

Yes / No

^I answered your post about how the rules correspond with a mod's own judgement (amongst other things). I also mentioned earlier that I didn't know the specific circumstances of this situation and therefore wouldn't be able to give a straight 'yes or no' answer to your initial query. That still stands, no matter how many times and in how many different ways you ask. I can understand you not being happy about getting a warning, but I don't know the ins and outs of every issue on the forum. The staff are not a hive mind and we rarely have time to moderate by committee, we're individual members who chip in when we can.

Hey, I know this has probably already been Identified but....How come it won't let me have more lines in my siggi? I know its only a 4 line limit, but all I did was try to add two names after the ones I have listed on the bottom of my siggi.....same size, small and all......says I can't go over 4 lines and doesn't save it :/ I'm not even going past one line!

^I answered your post about how the rules correspond with a mod's own judgement (amongst other things). I also mentioned earlier that I didn't know the specific circumstances of this situation and therefore wouldn't be able to give a straight 'yes or no' answer to your initial query. That still stands, no matter how many times and in how many different ways you ask. I can understand you not being happy about getting a warning, but I don't know the ins and outs of every issue on the forum. The staff are not a hive mind and we rarely have time to moderate by committee, we're individual members who chip in when we can.

You still totally ignore the list of "warnable offences", the same way that carmelita did. Is it some taboo to mention the "warnable offsences" list?

If it is a taboo to mention the "warnable offences", can somebody say that? Or even this a taboo too?

my message:

===================================

You didn't answer at all.

The question was specific about the "warnable offences", and you didn't refer to it.

Can I get an answer about this question:

Why did I get a warning on an "offence" which does not appear _at all_ in the "warnable offences" list?

To put it another way:

Is it true that moderators also give warning for issues that are not mentioned in the "warnable offences"?

Yes / No