Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

Also, I still think we should have stricter rules for people who wanna become members i don't like it how every Tom, Dick, and Harry can come here and post there junk. That happens because gaining membership here is way too fast and simple. That's also why we have so many accounts that have only been used just once or twice. Just a suggestion.

Why pictures are resized automatically during upload? My HQ scan currently don't weigh so much I%20dont%20know.gif much less than 1 mb, however they are reduced in quality and size.

Do you mean when you embed the full image or you upload it onto our server?

EDIT: If you talking about uploading it onto our server, currently the maximum dimension is 1600 x 1200 px. Anything larger than that will be resized accordingly.

Edited by PinkCouture

Ok. I'm beginning to think I'm the only one using the mobile version. This is my third time posting this: the mobile version needs number of pages in a thread/topic. It's really, really going to make it easier to browse the topic. I can't even go directly to the last page of a topic when I'm at the first page.

Mods, respond!

Yes, I'd agree with that one too. I use the mobile version a lot but it's just impossible to get to the end of really long threads.

Ok. I'm beginning to think I'm the only one using the mobile version. This is my third time posting this: the mobile version needs number of pages in a thread/topic. It's really, really going to make it easier to browse the topic. I can't even go directly to the last page of a topic when I'm at the first page.

Mods, respond!

Yes, I'd agree with that one too. I use the mobile version a lot but it's just impossible to get to the end of really long threads.

From my knowledge, I don't think the mobile version of IPB provides page numbers unless you choose "Full Version". We will check on that,

Maybe the IPB app (for Apple devices) would provide page numbers. Not sure. If someone has the app please let is know :heart:

Mods, respond!

From my knowledge, I don't think the mobile version provides page numbers unless you choose "Full Version". We will check on that,

Maybe the IP Board app (for Apple devices) would provide page numbers. Not sure. If someone has the app please let is know :heart:

Why pictures are resized automatically during upload? My HQ scan currently don't weigh so much I%20dont%20know.gif much less than 1 mb, however they are reduced in quality and size.

Do you mean when you embed the full image or you upload it onto our server?

EDIT: If you talking about uploading it onto our server, currently the maximum dimension is 1600 x 1200 px. Anything larger than that will be resized accordingly.

1600x1200 max,for attachment,right?,then I'll be back into NOT using this function alot.It would take time to upload then we'll find the pics resized.Is this permanent or temporary?

Okay, now every avatar I put in is so small, when the file size is really big! WTF?

Also, I know that the siggi size in 600x140, and I resized an image smaller than that, and it still says its too big!

I noticed the maximum display size for images has been made smaller to 600x600 ;)

eg: 900x300 image, reduced to display size 600x200

post-19363-0-1446013483-16212_thumb.png

300x900 image, reduced to display size 200x600

post-19363-0-1446013483-47187_thumb.png

I liked it better before, with the 800px width restriction (and I'm not even sure there was a vertical limit before :chicken:).. any chance this could go back?

^I agree, please change that!!

also, for a few days the siggi said it could be 600x400....that was really cool, could we go back to that as well?? Also now every picture I try to put in my avi...So tiny! Like this emily picture I have now...I saved it, and it is a large picture, then it looks so small ( as you can see)

And here is the link! As you can see, big picture, such a small avi :chicken:

http://i2.listal.com/image/2351143/600full-emily-didonato.jpg

;)

Why did the gender on my profile page change from "male" to "not telling"? Even though when I click to edit my profile, it still says "male" :chicken:

It was some glitch. I took a look at it and it should be ok now. If not let me know and I will try something else ;)

Okay, now every avatar I put in is so small, when the file size is really big! WTF?

Also, I know that the siggi size in 600x140, and I resized an image smaller than that, and it still says its too big!

Sorry about the avatar. Minor glitch. Should be ok now. Try right clicking on it to "view image". If the problem still exist we will try something else.

Could you upload your siggie onto a host and link us to it? That way we could better help you :chicken:

1600x1200 max,for attachment,right?,then I'll be back into NOT using this function alot.It would take time to upload then we'll find the pics resized.Is this permanent or temporary?

I am not sure is permanent or temporary. I think it was set up that way to resolve the issue of the board loading too slow :chicken:

I noticed the maximum display size for images has been made smaller to 600x600 ;)

eg: 900x300 image, reduced to display size 600x200

300x900 image, reduced to display size 200x600

I liked it better before, with the 800px width restriction (and I'm not even sure there was a vertical limit before :chicken:).. any chance this could go back?

The restriction on the old board was never 800 px. It was 600 px. The system on the old board took into account the width of images so it doesn't stretch out the page and make the board load slower. Our current system considers the overall size of the image. If one of the dimension is over 600 px it will auto-resize. However when you click on the image it should load it's original size.

We also have to take into account using mobile devices. If the dimension limit is too big it would be a pain for mobile users to scroll through the whole/image just to see the next one.

^ :chicken: The old size was definately at least 800px, but pretty sure it was exactly so.

Makes sense to have a tighter restriction for the mobile version, but can't it be scaled differently just for that version?

I am not sure is permanent or temporary. I think it was set up that way to resolve the issue of the board loading too slow :p

Maybe that's why it's faster now.It's ok as long as its for my lovely Bz's sake. ;)

btw I'm happy that you and frenchkiki had your avatars back,both are of my favs avis. :chicken:

^ :chicken: The old size was definately at least 800px, but pretty sure it was exactly so.

Makes sense to have a tighter restriction for the mobile version, but can't it be scaled differently just for that version?

The rules indicates a 600 px width limit, but the maxium embedding limit for full view was 1050 px for system resize and acceptable viewing. Perhaps there was a update while I was away that I was not made aware of. Not sure.

The current system changed to stricter and more specific options ;)

I am using a mobile device to view this board and it was kinda a pain to scroll down some of images that are 600 px long. However I wouldn't propose we decrease the dimension even more bc it wouldn't be fair to non-mobile users. You win some and you lose some.

Maybe that's why it's faster now.It's ok as long as its for my lovely Bz's sake. ;)

btw I'm happy that you and frenchkiki had your avatars back,both are of my favs avis. :chicken:

We will continue to seek out options for the board to run more efficiently.

Thank you :p