Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

On 2/4/2019 at 7:38 PM, Kane said:

when you want to change a topic thumbnail it shows you "topic images". Is there a way to expose this in any thread, when you're not the thread creator? it would make looking for reposts allot easier

129537161_ScreenShot2019-02-05at03_35_07.thumb.png.5f9b3374e37bedbee4f47e8f04f9e38e.png

There is no way at the moment, we have considered a "gallery" type feature, but I worry it will take away from the conversations in the threads as people will just come for the images and leave. Thoughts?

@maddog107 interesting, I never though about that. But i'm not entirely sure it would make a difference to current behaviour since those who do actively talk within threads aren't the kind of users who only care for the images. I think they would still contribute. Maybe the gallery wouldn't index images immediately, but after a small timeframe? so that people would have to visit the thread to see them first. 

4 hours ago, Kane said:

@maddog107 interesting, I never though about that. But i'm not entirely sure it would make a difference to current behaviour since those who do actively talk within threads aren't the kind of users who only care for the images. I think they would still contribute. Maybe the gallery wouldn't index images immediately, but after a small timeframe? so that people would have to visit the thread to see them first. 

That could be a good compromise. I hadn’t thought about that. Thanks for the idea!

17 hours ago, maddog107 said:

We just upgraded our software to support lazy loading and some other neat new features. Should you have an issue please let me know. Thanks. :flower:

I don't know what "lazy loading" is but is that when I'm scrolling the page and the page is loading live? Because it's glitchy and page keeps jumping up and down while loading content. It happens literally on every page that's heavy with content.

6 hours ago, Schemer said:

I don't know what "lazy loading" is but is that when I'm scrolling the page and the page is loading live? Because it's glitchy and page keeps jumping up and down while loading content. It happens literally on every page that's heavy with content.

Lazy Loading is like instagram/facebook where as you scroll down the content is being loaded as you get close to seeing it. Right now it may be glitchy as its still rebuilding the images. Can you please check in a couple days (currently at 45% after 1 day) and see if its still jumpy? Thanks. 

8 hours ago, maddog107 said:

Lazy Loading is like instagram/facebook where as you scroll down the content is being loaded as you get close to seeing it. Right now it may be glitchy as its still rebuilding the images. Can you please check in a couple days (currently at 45% after 1 day) and see if its still jumpy? Thanks. 

I'm also experiencing the jumping effect with the lazy loading 

I guess the issue is that the image element size changes as the image loads? where as on instagram / pinterest etc the elements are already loaded, and then updated as the image becomes available so there is no jumping effect. Could you create a 'dummy' image element which is filled with a 1x1 pixel image stretched to whatever the default portrait / horizontal image sizes are and then just replace that image as the actual image becomes available?