Bellazon

I AM the Biggest fan revival

Jennka

What do you think?

I like (Y)

If I can make a suggestion though, how about taking averages rather than totals?

Example:

Model A = insanely popular

Model B = moderately popular

Model C = not well known

In round 1, Model C is bound to pick up more votes by being put together with Model A than she would with Model B. If you took averages, then everything is scaled fairly and total number of votes don't matter <_<

donny, but this competition is really about popularity - not the most beautiful or with the best body, but the most popular models on this forum right now, that´s why I took on the total number of points system through the whole competition.

I could create groups where the most popular would be together with the not well known models in round 1 (where you have to rate every woman from 0 to 5) so they could gain more points - if it would work, dunno? Would it be more fair?

How do you mean it with the averages? Tell me more, I can take it into consideration of course.

What do you think?

I like (Y)

If I can make a suggestion though, how about taking averages rather than totals?

Example:

Model C = not well known

In round 1, Model C is bound to pick up more votes by being put together with Model A than she would with Model B. If you took averages, then everything is scaled fairly and total number of votes don't matter <_<

donny, but this competition is really about popularity - not the most beautiful or with the best body, but the most popular models on this forum right now, that´s why I took on the total number of points system through the whole competition.

I could create groups where the most popular would be together with the not well known models in round 1 (where you have to rate every woman from 0 to 5) so they could gain more points - if it would work, dunno? Would it be more fair?

How do you mean it with the averages? Tell me more, I can take it into consideration of course.

I like the totals thing, but the point is that the Model C types pick up extra votes by being put in with Model A types, simply because there's more people voting in that group, which is a lesser reflection of their true popularity. It's probably better to group together models of equal popularity - A's with A's, rather than A's with C's. You'd get the best results with 1 model per round, but that would just take way too long and everyone would get bored. Either that or everyone at once, but that's not practical either :ninja:

I just thought with averages it scales all the results to more of an even playing field, with the most popular still scoring highly. I see what you mean about it taking away somewhat from the popularity angle though <_<

What do you think?

I like (Y)

Example:

Model C = not well known

I like the totals thing, but the point is that the Model C types pick up extra votes by being put in with Model A types, simply because there's more people voting in that group, which is a lesser reflection of their true popularity. It's probably better to group together models of equal popularity - A's with A's, rather than A's with C's. You'd get the best results with 1 model per round, but that would just take way too long and everyone would get bored. Either that or everyone at once, but that's not practical either :ninja:

I just thought with averages it scales all the results to more of an even playing field, with the most popular still scoring highly. I see what you mean about it taking away somewhat from the popularity angle though <_<

So you suggest grouping A with A and C with C and B with B in groups - I can do this (I think) - how would you do it with averages? I mean, after one group is over, what and how would you count? Like the number of points given to each model / number of people who voted?

I´m sorry donny, you have to explain it to me - my mind is not working right now, lol.

RESULTS:

Dioni Tabbers - 44

Erin Heatherton - 73

Isabeli Fontana - 97,5

Josie Maran - 123

Magdalena Frackowiak - 63

Zhang Ziyi - 25,5

Together with the points from the first round:

Dioni Tabbers - 90,1 + 44 = 134,1

Erin Heatherton - 83,6 + 73 = 156,6

Isabeli Fontana - 106,6 + 97,5 = 204,1

Josie Maran - 128 + 123 = 251

Magdalena Frackowiak - 84 + 63 = 147

Zhang Ziyi - 72,1 + 25,5 = 97,6

it means that

Erin Heatherton - 156,6

Isabeli Fontana - 204,1

Josie Maran - 251

made it to the third round,

and Dioni, Magda and Zhang are eliminated.

2.ROUND

IMPORTANT!! - Pretty had a great idea. You can post me new pics or videos of the women you nominated, if you like to. I will change it for anew - including this group, if you can send me new pics or vids of the noms from this first group til it´s closed, I will change it :) if not, nothing happens :)

2. ROUND

GROUP 8 - 7.3.2012

Alessandra Ambrosio

post-3761-0-1445985553-53319_thumb.png

Karolina Kurkova

post-3761-0-1445985553-67085_thumb.jpg

Daria Werbowy

post-3761-0-1445985553-70301_thumb.png

Kate Upton

post-3761-0-1445985553-71881_thumb.jpg

Kim Cloutier

post-3761-0-1445985553-73755_thumb.jpg

Marloes Horst

post-3761-0-1445985553-75107_thumb.jpg

VOTING - Please, remember that you have 10 votes to split, no more. Give it to one or split it however you want, according to the likeness of the women.

ANNOUNCEMENT - The voting will be stopped on 7th of March 2012, it means you have 2 days to vote. I will also put noticement about this competition to each woman´s thread, as in the previous year. Hope everything is clear, if there are any questions, feel free to ask me.

VOTE:

Split your 10 points amongst these women:

Alessandra Ambrosio

Karolina Kurkova

Daria Werbowy

Kate Upton

Kim Cloutier

Marloes Horst

So you suggest grouping A with A and C with C and B with B in groups - I can do this (I think) - how would you do it with averages? I mean, after one group is over, what and how would you count? Like the number of points given to each model / number of people who voted?

I´m sorry donny, you have to explain it to me - my mind is not working right now, lol.

It's okay :laugh:

I was just suggesting you do the A/B/C grouping if you want to continue with the totals - there's no need to do that with averages.

In terms of how you do it with averages - exactly the same as you're doing now, but at the end of each group you just divide the totals by the number of votes.

eg.

Round 1, Group 1, 30 votes

Alyssa Miller: 98.75 / 30 = 3.292

Ariadne Artiles: 54.9 / 30 = 1.830

Barbara Palvin: 94.5 / 30 = 3.150

Constance Jablonski: 52.9 / 30 = 1.763

Hailey Clauson: 70.6 / 30 = 2.353

Round 2, Group 7, 43 votes

Dioni Tabbers: 44 / 43 = 1.023

Erin Heatherton: 73 / 43 = 1.698

Isabeli Fontana: 97.5 / 43 = 2.267

Josie Maran: 123 / 43 = 2.860

Magdalena Frackowiak: 63 / 43 = 1.465

Zhang Ziyi: 25.5 / 43 = 0.593

You can still add points together between rounds as before.

Just a thought though. I'm cool if you just want to stick with totals :hehe: