Bellazon

Ethnic Beauty

Edit

Note about nominations:I've decided to only take nominations of women who are of mixed heritage if they are half white (or less than half).

Why? What definition of ethnic is being used for the competition?

^agreed. Ethnic is a majority. A Caucasian would be considered ethnic in China whereas a Chinese person wouldn't. An African would be considered ethnic is some places of the US but in other places, or in Africa they are not. Native Americans are the same, as are Brazilians... etc.. So while I'm going under the understanding that Ethnic for this competition is based on what is considered "Ethnic in the fashion community" I think to some degree it's a bit racial. Caucasians are made up of so many different ethnic groupings, (ie. English, Scottish, Norwegian, Russian, German, American, Canadian, Australian) just to name a few, that to almost arbitrarily discriminate against them almost seems unfair. :idk: Just my thoughts on the matter. You may be just looking for diversity in the contest makeup, and that's cool :)

Edit

Note about nominations:I've decided to only take nominations of women who are of mixed heritage if they are half white (or less than half).

^agreed. Ethnic is a majority. A Caucasian would be considered ethnic in China whereas a Chinese person wouldn't. An African would be considered ethnic is some places of the US but in other places, or in Africa they are not. Native Americans are the same, as are Brazilians... etc.. So while I'm going under the understanding that Ethnic for this competition is based on what is considered "Ethnic in the fashion community" I think to some degree it's a bit racial. Caucasians are made up of so many different ethnic groupings, (ie. English, Scottish, Norwegian, Russian, German, American, Canadian, Australian) just to name a few, that to almost arbitrarily discriminate against them almost seems unfair. :idk: Just my thoughts on the matter. You may be just looking for diversity in the contest makeup, and that's cool :)

Mostly, I came up with this competition because I thought there was a very obvious under representation of women from other ethnic groups (mostly ethnic groups that aren't originally from Europe) in most competitions and in the fashion community/general media (especially when it comes to what is considered beautiful). There are plenty of competitions where girls like Edita, Cintia, etc. are nominated constantly, so I don't really think that it's unfair to have one or two competitions where they aren't nominated. Also, I wanted to do another competition, and iIcouldn't think of anything else to do. *kanye shrug*

Edit

Mostly, I came up with this competition because I thought there was a very obvious under representation of women from other ethnic groups (mostly ethnic groups that aren't originally from Europe) in most competitions and in the fashion community/general media (especially when it comes to what is considered beautiful). There are plenty of competitions where girls like Edita, Cintia, etc. are nominated constantly, so I don't really think that it's unfair to have one or two competitions where they aren't nominated. Also, I wanted to do another competition, and iIcouldn't think of anything else to do. *kanye shrug*

Ahh, just so there' some diversity in the contests. Makes sense; so you don't get the same girls that are nominated in every other competition? :p

Yeah :laugh:

Its funny, I was going to say on one hand, people of all races are part of an ethnic group but on the other hand if you have the same Doutzen, Edita, Marisa, Cintia ect. then there would be nothing to distinguish this from the other competitions :ninja: . But, glad its all clear now anyway

:nicole: .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If it were overall, I'd give 10 since she's a talented actress as well like Squeege said, but for face only, 8 :wub: .