Bellazon

The Sexiest Woman of All Time

Qball

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the sexiest woman of all time?

• Cindy Crawford
    • Brigitte Bardot
    • Sophia Loren
    • Marilyn Monroe
    • Sharon Stone
    • Grace Kelly

I always thought of Grace Kelly as being classy and pretty and its always great to see a lovely celebrity with actual talent too, but not "sexy" per se like those others. But she is before my time so I'm no real authority there :) .

Marilyn Monroe. Glad she's winning. She had more than simple beauty. She just gleams with femininity and joy... even if she wasn't always happy. She is a woman who's beauty will never be forgotten, and she warmed so many hearts by simply being Marilyn. She is a treasure. xxx

Wow :laugh: , you have such interresting posts about these things :) .

Wow :laugh: , you have such interresting posts about these things :) .

Aaww :blush: Thank you. Really, all of the women on this list are legendary and beautiful, and I love them all :heart: . Loren's face remains one of the most perfect of all time, only rivaled by Bardot, and Grace's elegance unmatched. Still, childlike and fragile, Marilyn was Marilyn. She was the most celebrated woman of the entire 20th century.

Can anything I say really do her justice? No. Just look at a picture of her and really imagine she was standing infront of you, Marilyn Monroe, as it was once said, " the most lovely woman of them all"... :heart:

post-26767-0-1446083858-4526_thumb.jpg

:) .

Aaww :blush: Thank you. Really, all of the women on this list are legendary and beautiful, and I love them all :heart: . Loren's face remains one of the most perfect of all time, only rivaled by Bardot, and Grace's elegance unmatched. Still, childlike and fragile, Marilyn was Marilyn. She was the most celebrated woman of the entire 20th century.

Can anything I say really do her justice? No. Just look at a picture of her and really imagine she was standing infront of you, Marilyn Monroe, as it was once said, " the most lovely woman of them all"... :heart:

Yes you're right Stamo! Marilyn is one of my fav woman...she's one of the most sexy of this list and one legend but if I can just add something when you say "She was the most celebrated woman of the entire 20th century", I would like just say that happened when she died...Marilyn was a big stars when she was alive even if Hollywood use her and some actors despise her (like Laurence Olivier) but Marilyn was just a star like Ava Gardner or Kim Novak, I mean she famous and already sexy but not a legend in the world...it's when she died unfortunatly that she became a real legend coz her death is still a mystery...moreover she's dead young so she became a legend coz after everybody realized how great actress and woman she was.....so just what I mean is that you can say she was very sexy I agree totally but the legend became after...for me and it's not only because I love her her, but Bardot was a real legend and alive...she was famous in every country and when she was very young....she was more famous than Marilyn..every director wanted to work with her...and the FBI opened a case on her, coz when "And god created woman" was on screen it was a big scandal..some director of cinema in USA went to jail for showing this movie...The Vatican excommunicated Brigitte for this movie...and the movie was forbidden in many countries like Spain or Russia..and of her "cinema" life she was considered like the big scandal of the century...she was the first star to know the first "paparazzi"...after she stopped the cinema young but she was alraedy a legend coz she is for the woman the icon of the woman freedom...her sensuality was so big than Brigitte was often attacked by some women in the street...so you see Stamo about sexiness Marilyn and Brigitte are in the same level but about the legend I think bardot (before Marilyn died) was the real legend at this time.. :wave:

^ This is probably better discussed over PM's, but actually that's not strictly true. Marilyn was a legendary form long before she died, maybe not throughout the world but definity in the United States, Korea, and the UK.

Read news articles about her from the 50s-60s. There are tons written about the " Marilyn Effect", about how she had an effect on people no other star had ever had. I remember watching an old 50s interview with a photographer who described Marilyn as the first female star who really touched people, and made men feel that if they had just married Marilyn their lives would have been okay ( or words to that effect).

I would say Bardot's celebrity was smaller than Marilyn's, even in their heyday, but Bardot was bigger in Europe. Still, IMO they are both the most beautiful women of all time. But, after all, Brigitte did say Marilyn was the most perfect woman she ever met, and that after meeting her she aspired to be as lovely ( Bardot didn't need to try and be lovely though!) :p

And the " most celebrated woman of the 20th century" bit is actually a tag that has been credited to Marilyn many, many times. Believe it or not, many people my age ( I'm 19) have no idea who Bardot is, or only know the name. Nobody doesn't know who Marilyn Monroe is! Even my 6 year old cousin somehow knows!

lol it's true we should talk in pm me I agree with Stefano coz now Marilyn is more famous than Brigitte (and more in USA coz in france she is still famous) but in the 50's and 60's Bardot was more famous than Marilyn even in USA...and I don't say Marilyn wasn't famous! she was a big star but for american people Bardot was already a legend...magazine and scandal was more for Bardot even in United States! and it's in United Sates that Brigitte became famous with her movie coz she was just a litte bit famous before in France! and like Stefano said we don't speak about her silde famous in the cinema world coz both are famous in the History of the cinema but if we talk about society Bardot had a big impact about people of 50's and 60's...Now that's true Marilyn is more famous coz her death is still a mystery and she is dead young so that's why people in every country know her as legend...moreover Brigitte stopped cinema to looks after of animals she was only 39 years so after stopping cinema that's normal we didn't talk a lot of her....but I can swear it that in the 50's and 60's Brigitte was more than a star she was a society phenomena whereas Marilyn was a cinema phenomena...but well now they are both legend for different reason...but when you say only european knew Brigitte it's wrong! she became famous thanks to american people..and if now you know her only by name it's because she isn't on the screen anymore and we don't talk about her a lot coz she isn't dead and it's not the mystery about her life....you know what I mean? but I respect your opinion but when you talk with people of 50's or 60's in USA, Brasil, Europe or Russia at this time Marilyn was just a sexy bombshell and great actress but not societal phenomena. but if you want to know more pm me Stamoholic !

^^ I'm a huge fan of both Marilyn and BB, and I know you both are too Lisa and Stefano. Still, from my education on this subject ( which I'm not claiming to be absolutely perfect, but damn good) I just don't agree with what you guys are saying about BB being more popular in the USA than Marilyn was in the 50s and 60s. From my reading and also from family I have in the USA who were young in the 50s-60s, Marilyn was more highly thought of in the USA than BB at that time, and BB was more highly thought of in Europe ( hence, many American's called her the European Monroe, even though she had been around way longer than Marilyn!). Marilyn wasn't a star because she was gorgeous and a great actor, the public made her a star! She was made a star by the publics affections for her, and that's basically just a recognised fact these days. The studio's didn't love her, many actors didn't love her, and she didn't get great roles at first, but the American public made Marilyn Monroe a star because they adored her. Men wanted to be with her, and woman wanted to be her even if they " disaproved" of her celebrity. If the people of 1950's America hadn't taken to her in the legendary way that they did, she wouldn't have neccessarily been such a huge icon.

And my only point was that today every person in the world knows the name Marilyn Monroe and can picture her face when they hear the name, but a lot of people can't picture BB just by hearing the name Bardot ( although they probably have an idea of who " Bardot" is). That, IMO, makes Marilyn more of a legend than BB, and that's why Marilyn is considered the " most celebrated woman of the 20th century" ( which is a quote from LIFE magazine, btw). Still, it doesn't really matter. To say BB is not a legend to the highest degree is like saying an apple is not a fruit!

I guess the BB or Monroe legend argument is much like the 'James Dean or Brando' legend argument, isn't it? We shouldn't really open that can of worms in the first place! Lol!

That's my last on this subject guys! :) :hug: Marilyn and BB are both two of the greatest female stars of all time! Neither of them will ever be matched.

Lol my dear Stamoholic PM me lol I have many proofs! lol love them both anyway! :laugh:

but to answer you yes Marilyn is as famous as Brigitte but there are 2 differences: first they hadn't famous at the same time. and second they are'nt famous for the same reason! but pm me dear! :wave:

^ What's with all the lols? Did I say something funny?

Anyway, it's okay, I don't need to PM you. Thank you for the offer though! :) I have done plenty reading on the subject and that's the conclusion I have come to, and you have come to a different one. It is all very fine! You are a Marilyn fan and a BB expert, so I don't doubt you're knowledge at all. It's just that from my Marilyn and BB knowledge, I have come to a different conclusion. It's a very debatable subject anyway! :)

Also, I have a huge layman's interest in stars from the past so I am quite aware that BB and Marilyn are very different ( and IMO, neither are as amazing as Jean Harlow, who SHOULD be on any sexiest woman's list). I don't need any more education on that, although again it's lovely of you to offer. You're very sweet.

To me, Marilyn is the greatest icon and the sexiest woman for things that go beyond her amazing appearance. That's an opinion, though. It just happens to be shared by many!

On another note, it's interesting to see Cindy Crawford and Sharon Stone on a list with BB and Marilyn and Grace etc. They are both sex symbols, definitely, and they were sex symbols of the 90s. It's just weird that the 90s are now far enough away that we can look at these women as icons!

I said lol coz it's funny to see this "battle" of famous but you're right it's just about opinion! To me Marilyn is the great actress, legend of Hollywood, sexy woman and fragile child, icon of beauty and Brigitte is a sexual icon, icon of women freedom, icon of fashion and finally icon of the new way to love ( new-model of woman half glamourus half babydoll)

I totally agree for those models of 80's and early 90's even if I think it's different sexiness and I think it's good to have some discussion about Legend with you :wave:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe BB was the most beautiful woman ever ..

There are so many beautiful woman, in different degrees and aspects.

Monica Vitti is red-hot as seen here but Brigitte is the winner I feel.

The debate can go on forever and everyone will perhaps think different but this thread is just for those opinions.

post-35213-0-1446083860-73882_thumb.jpg

post-35213-0-1446083860-75389_thumb.jpgpost-35213-0-1446083860-77195_thumb.jpgpost-35213-0-1446083860-79098_thumb.jpg

post-35213-0-1446083860-80157_thumb.jpgth_74538_07_122_211lo.jpgpost-35213-0-1446083860-80801_thumb.jpg

post-35213-0-1446083860-81943_thumb.jpgpost-35213-0-1446083860-83758_thumb.jpgpost-35213-0-1446083860-88256_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Brigitte Bardot hands down.

She projected sensuality to the max;she looked, acted and moved like she actually enjoyed sex without being vulgar.

BB was THE original sex kitten.The total package(great body and face);she was beautiful,sexy,charming,stylish...She also had a very modern look,she has a beauty about her back then that any modern girl today would be happy to look like.

Monica Bellucci is number 2.Why isn't she on that list?

Also,i think Grace Kelly shouldn't be on that list,she was pretty but had no sex appeal at all.There is a difference between being pretty and sexy.

And Marilyn was more cute than sexy.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...