Bellazon

Karolina Kurkova
Thumbnail

rosada

I personally think she looks fantastic in black...I think that it makes her look so sleek and put together.

I also love the makeup as it stands out, but is still really fresh. HER SKIN...my gosh!

Unfortunately, some of her fans I've been noticing only like her with one type of look, one specific hair color, one cut of dress, one haircut, etc.....it's really not about that if you are a fan of such a dynamic lady as KK. She is not a 19 year old, stick thin mannequin anymore...get over it and appreciate the beauty of growth and change.

She already had the phase where she/her agency chose to be the bubbly skinny platinum blonde with long locks and super colorful outfits for the first few years in the industry.

I can see how that Barbie type image can get old fast and her desire to try a new image and experiment. She probably doesn't want to get boxed into one type of category anymore and more power to her for it.

I think recently she's been wanting to portray herself as the perfect balance of young/fresh and mature/professional...which IMO is working for her.

She can do no wrong in my book! I say, keep it up KK!

I was bored so I went searching and here is my compilation (targeted at all those who even doubted for a second why she wears black) entitled:

"KK SPECTACULAR IN BLACK!!!!!!"

(Don't get me wrong...I love KK in color too, but DAMN she can work black like no other IMO)....case in point Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2006.

sampling Sources: nymag, Fashionspot, flickr, gettyimages, supermodels.nl, dna models, style.com

post-22385-1237437717_thumb.jpg post-22385-1237437750_thumb.jpg post-22385-1237437771_thumb.jpg post-22385-1237437795_thumb.jpg

post-22385-1237437807_thumb.jpg post-22385-1237437818_thumb.jpg post-22385-1237437830_thumb.jpg post-22385-1237437847_thumb.jpg

post-22385-1237437861_thumb.jpg post-22385-1237437878_thumb.jpg post-22385-1237437893_thumb.jpg post-22385-1237437913_thumb.jpg post-22385-1237437931_thumb.jpg

Thanks!!! Looks soo pretty!!!

more pics :laugh:

She looks like she has lost some weight. I hope because of the media she hasn't decided to go the other way and do everything to get to a certain bodyshape.

I hope it's only the dress 'cause I don't want her to be another stick figure model. Curves look the best on her

wow!

ok -- superKK -- you've certainly made your point! hahaha.

and i digress, KK certainly DOES look incredibly beautiful in any colour, or non-colour, like black.

perhaps it's the overall look of the Valentino premiere outfit - not just the colour. i mean, those pics of her at the Vanity Fair party are some of my favourite. but the dress was SEXY, she was showin' off some leg, her hair was styled.

she always looks beautiful. there's no getting around it. she's Karolina Kurkova! she can't help but look beautiful. but, i just LOVED her BAFTA appearance, and then this one was lackluster. i blame it on the outfit and the hair. she looks best with her hair styled in some way. it doesn't have to be big blonde-bombshell hair. it can be slicked back. or in a neat ponytail, or in curls or straightened or whatever. but this way she has it done at the Valentino premiere (and a few other events recently) just looks lazy and doesn't flatter her, IMO.

Hey HappyC,

I hope you didn't take it the wrong way...I just thought it would be a fun project for me to pass the evening as I was having a hard time falling asleep.

So I thought..perfect opportunity to oogle at some old and new KK photos.

I actually came across a few that I had forgotten about that are my faves...like that one close up with the black beret....I LOVE how she looks in that photo!

And I totally agree with what you said about the outfit at the Valentino premiere and her past few appearances...I agree that her clothing choices haven't been that great...considering she has access to anything the fashion industry produces you would think she would want to pull out the stops or at least choose one or two chic or interesting pieces or accessories. Her hair does look sort of lazy, I concur.

(Maybe years and years of spending hours at the makeup/hair/closets dressing up for events, she has gotten sick of the prep time and is now more easy, breezy ha ha ha)

BUT I think we both can agree that these are anomalies and she will wow us many times over in the future!

By the way, I had fun looking up the black theme, so if anyone has any requests for a "KK Compilation Theme" let me know!

My next one is going to be "KK with Bangs" because I just love her with bangs and miss them! (She should get some bangs for 2009!)

Ta ta for now all!

i LOVE the closeup pic with the beret, as well!! it's easily one of my favourite pics of KK! sooooooo naturally beautiful in it.

i'm very excited for the "KK with Bangs" compilation! i love her with bangs as well!

and if Vamp ever sends me all the damn pics (*1 month later .. lol*) then i'll have a ton of super rare KK pics to post!

also, super, i completely agree. i'm sure she's gonna dazzle at future events. she's gotta step it up for G.I. Joe promotion! i mean, it's gonna be a BIG movie, so they'll be doing premieres all over the world. and the press will be all over Sienna Miller and Rachel Nichols for their fashion and such ... it will be the best opportunity for KK to really STAND OUT and shine. i mean, she can make either of those girls look like your average chick down the street, she's KAROLINA KURKOVA! hahaha. if i were her publicist, i'd be telling her "KK, this is your chance to break into the film industry. you're gonna have a hundred different premieres of this film. ton's of international press. you better show up ready to play. wear the sexiest, most glamourous, eye-catching fashion you possibly can. stand there and smile and talk to everyone. you're a star!"

I almost forgot about the upcoming G.I. Joe!!!...August-ish release date right?

I'm wondering if she will be part of the promotions (only because she doesn't have that huge of a part vs. the more famous Sienna Miller etc.)

Will she have a makeover before the promos (hair, makeup, clothing)? Will she do interviews? Will she start becoming better known? So many questions!!!!

I can't wait either way though...

As for this new man she has been seen with at recent events, I hope they're a couple...they look really cute together and I think it's great that he's not some famous movie actor or silly male model or something...she seems too down to earth to put with that type of gossip and drama. Actually, they sort of remind me of Charlize Theron and her boyfriend Stuart in a way. I hope she's in love!