Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Second-By-Second Data Shows Wix, Victoria Secret Most Viewed Super Bowl Ads

In a rare second-by-second analysis of the Super Bowl’s audience, Rentrak has released its Ad Retention Index for the Big Game showing that the audience for advertising was virtually equal to the audience for the on-field action through the entire game.

Rentrak’s data, which is drawn from digital set-top tuning, likely was not the currency NBC used for any of the ads it sold during Sunday night’s game, but Rentrak’s analysis shows that audience levels rose throughout the game, right up to the final seconds of play.

“The most-watched ads of the game were from Wix and Victoria’s Secret, which each ran at 9:51 p.m. EST before the game’s final drive,” according to Rentrak. “Wix had a 110 index and Victoria Secret’s had a 109 index compared to the average rating of the entire game.”

mediapost.com

BTW, did anyone see the commercial of Doritos mocking VS' SB commercial??? :rofl:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

This was amazing. So much better than the VS commercial to be honest. The VS commercial was boring and typical.  :x  Though Adriana's cleavage at the end was fantastic. 

Let's get real y'all. The VS commercial aired with the two minutes warning which was by far the most nerve wrecking commercial break of the game, no way in hell people would risk to change the channel :rofl:

The commercial was shit, VS was just extremely lucky to have bought that spot. I do agree Adriana's rack was amazing in it and probably why she trended on twitter lol

Let's get real y'all. The VS commercial aired with the two minutes warning which was by far the most nerve wrecking commercial break of the game, no way in hell people would risk to change the channel :rofl:

The commercial was shit, VS was just extremely lucky to have bought that spot. I do agree Adriana's rack was amazing in it and probably why she trended on twitter lol

The 2008 commercial was also just luck? Let's not kid ourselves, VS is the epitome of sexy for most Americans. We're the only ones that scrutinize everything, from their models choices to their products, for the hell of it. Most people just see what's on the surface and appreciate it. Just like most people didn't know the commercial was old, safe for Adriana's scene. The commercial was one of the most watched because to the average joe, VS=sexy and it didn't disappoint. Did you see the social media comments after the game? People were worshipping Adriana like a diety

The 2008 commercial was also just luck? Let's not kid ourselves, VS is the epitome of sexy for most Americans. We're the only ones that scrutinize everything, from their models choices to their products, for the hell of it. Most people just see what's on the surface and appreciate it. Just like most people didn't know the commercial was old, safe for Adriana's scene. The commercial was one of the most watched because to the average joe, VS=sexy and it didn't disappoint. Did you see the social media comments after the game? People were worshipping Adriana like a diety
Of course people were worshipping Adriana, she had the longest scene in the commercial and a closeup of her rack :rofl:

The average Joe doesn't even really know which commercial is airing at what time meaning they don't tune in juuust for VS. The other commercial that had more viewers than VS aired in the same commercial break and it was like the most random thing ever yet it got even more viewers than VS :idk:

2008 i don't remember when did the commercial air so I have no idea but this year the commercial happened to be in literally the best time of the whole game, had it been the same time last year and it would have been a different story because the game was painfully boring and not everyone kept watching until the last minute. This year VS took the risk of putting the commercial last minute and it paid off but it was mostly luck, I'm sorry to tell you this but for the average Americam they either give zero fucks about football and don't watch the game at all or they just want the commercial break to be over so the game can start again in the most nerve-wrecking moment. As you pointed out, we (and not even all of us) are the only ones who care about the commercial.

Look up commercials by view count online and VS is maybe in the top 20, It was the second most viewed in the game because the game came down to the wire... and then the Seahawks threw it. GG. Had nothing to do with it being a VS commercial as Claudia has pointed out and everything to do with people not daring to tune out for fear of missing those last few critical minutes in hopes that one or the other teams were going to win.

I find it a little misinformed that ya'll don't think the commercials as almost as hyped as the game. What are you people even talking about? Y'all think people aren't excited about the commercials? Get outta here :rofl:. You think Kim K (much as we hate her) got a commercial or the fact that the brands pay millions for a spot. or even Adriana being expected in the past 2 years to make an appearance only for people to change the channel? Companies make the commercials bigger because they know people will watch it. I thought that was common knowledge?

And Claudia, I didn't say we're the only ones who know about the super bowl commercials (because we're not), what i meant was, we're the only ones who know this much about VS.

Regardless, this is their second commercial in row to kick ass. We'll never know if it because of the timing or not, all we know is, it's extremely successful. Again! And people were talking about it. Job=done. And I don't know how many views the commercial got online, but that has nothing to do with how many people saw it on tv.

I still fail to see how the commercial was terrible

Okay, go ahead. Keep thinking VS has enough power to make everyone and their mommas watch the Super Bowl. Even more so than football itself, especially with this being considered one of the best Super Bowl ever :hug: