Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

"We'll continue to work with her in the future"

Doesn't mean she's an angel.

Victoria's Secret has never beat around the bush, and when rumors and news hit she wasn't an angel Ed did say they'd work together in the future. But again, VS has never beat around the bush and has said before (if there was any other question on any other girl) she's an angel, they've always been blunt about it. So why would they turn the tables?

If she was she would have done stuff this year, and the HUGE launch this September with all the main girls (except for Miranda and Doutzen who are pregnant) and she's not going, I think is statement enough.

She would have been in the Vogue shoot, and a few other things this year in which all the Angels participated.

Also, just because someone says Marisa isn't an angel (which has become obvious) doesn't mean it's a smear campaign, if so then KK isn't, and Izabel isn't, Selita isn't and etc.

but honestly do you really think she is still with VS because she is on the VSAllAccess site? :cain:

Between that, Ed Razek releasing a statement saying VS and Marisa would work together in the future, and a recent Forbes article stating Marisa is in her eighth consecutive year contracted to VS (in whatever capacity), yeah, I actually would. And my quote of your post was only meant to highlight what I see as the unfortunate, trickle-down result of one Lima fan's never ending smear campaign. It had nothing specifically to do with you.

@ lms: You complain about the issue being brought up... by quoting my post to turn it into a conversation? Smart. (Y)

And You in turn Mbinebri, throw around the "Lima fan propaganda. :cain: " phrase, i'm sick to DEATH of of hearing how much one hates lima, or who is or isnt an angel. Each one of us likes who we like, why is there a need to insult all the time, i may not care of Marissa, and i could go on about her till i puke, BUT i respect her fans.

I feel throwing around negativity only makes one look mean, bitter, and pathetic, my apologies for qouteing you out of turn, but again, please can we stop the insanity already and respect the fans who come here to see, talk, and post about their faves, is that so hard?? :wave:

^ Am I disputing that Marisa is no longer an Angel? Because - correct me if I'm wrong - I'm pretty sure I bolded the second sentence of muffins' post, not the first.

You kind of did. :ninja:

[...] Ed Razek releasing a statement saying VS and Marisa would work together in the future [...]

^Nope. Her Angel status was never mentioned by mbinebri.

Marisa is no longer an Angel. <_< They dumped her.

Lima fan propaganda. :cain:

You are so bitter.

They say Marisa is still an Angel, Spokesperson whatever but she has had no VS work this year at all. I used to be a Marisa fan and I miss her modeling (I do not count FHM and Maxim as real modeling). But anybody who says she is still with VS is a joking themselves. She used to be the star of Swim but Miranda, Candice and Alessandra did the Swim promotion. There have been no new pictures of her on the website or browser. Just old ones VS have recycled. She may still walk the show like Izabel and Selita but honestly do you really think she is still with VS because she is on the VSAllAccess site? :cain:

I like Adriana. She is a good model and spokesperson. She does well for High Fashion and Commercial work but I would not call myself a fan of her. Just because I say something negative about Marisa and Victoria's Secret status does not make me obsessed with Adriana Lima. Jesus Christ.

She actually did some swim early this year, though that was it. But then again, Doutzen only did the VS sale commercial (re-used as the Canada launch commercial) and one launch, Adriana just came back from a year-long leave and Heidi has yet to do anything this year. The fact is, the Angels are hardly working anymore.

Is Marisa still an Angel? I don't know. Is she still a VS model? Yes, she is. she disappeared from everything VS related and then was re-added. If they had dumped her, why re-add her.

And the Vogue spread doesn't mean a thing. Chanel isn't an Angel and she was on it. Heidi (according to the 3-year thing that everybody seems to believe in) still is and she wasn't there.

Also, to be honest, I think Angel is just a way of referring to the highest paid models, thus the loose use, I doubt the contract they sign has a header with "Angel contract" written in pink.

Siemqi, I like what you have written. I was almost to post "I´m leaving this stupid thread" but you´ve saved it. Thank you for some piece of moderation. Sometimes I feel like in a hen-cote here.

So, once again, I don´t give a sh*t if Marisa is or isn´t angel. I was just stating that VS should use her as a spokesmodel, because she looks and sounds smart, and frankly, she is the only one that sounds and looks SMART. Like I could really believe her she knows what she´s talking about.

The other girls are wonderful, sexy and so on, but I think they should keep quiet and smiling. No offence. Not everyone can be a good speaker. I´m not a good speaker too, and I´m not even pretty ;)

That´s all :D

Please, stop arguing about bullshits that no one actually cares about, I would love to hear FACTS. Like - who is going to promote what and where and when ;) thank you :)

And if Tom Cruise will really promote the Super-sexy-release-your-tits new push up.

Katty Perry we could all see coming from a mile away... California Gurls is one of the most popular songs out there, so chances are yes it'll be in PINK and now we have some vague idea of what the PINK section outfits are going to look like. Still don't have a clue, go look at her video

As for who gets the bra...... lol easy one. Think about it.... think about it really really hard and then /sigh /bangfaceintowall

^ TRUTH

The original was much much better. I don't like it at all.....and I mean AT ALL! It looks soooooooo cheap! The diamonds don't even look like diamonds but something you bejeweled on. HORRIBLE bra /sequins 4 the win. The "diamonds" look about as fake as the personality behind the wearer. {<---- hope you had a good laugh missy! this is for you LS}

They need to stop gearing towards something practical and more towards something fantastical. Let's be honest two of the highest ranked bras according to popular opinion were 2004 and 2005, worn prospectively by Heidi and Gisele. They weren't practical, (taking aside the fact that they were encrusted in gems) the bra itself was not practical to wear outside of a fantasy. VS needs to stop using an actual bra template, (generally the one they're trying to hawk for the year) and start going back to something we can have whimsical thoughts about.

The bra truly reminds me of something we might see in the pink section, with sparkles added on, (the cheap variety, not the expensive kind). Something that would appeal to a 13 year old getting their very first bra, taking aside the cut, (which no self respecting parent would allow a 13 year old to wear). It gives cleavage to girls who have never even heard of concept of it.

I knew about Katy Perry, & if the show is in LA (& wouldn't be surprised if they announce that in the Bombshell thing) i can already see her opening with California Girls :whistle:

About the bra, so Candice got it? ... Oh VS, i hate you so much!