Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Selita was allegedly dating Kanye at the time, so there's that. Plus I'm sure they wanted to give it to an African American model for diversity's sake. Adriana really should have gotten it in 2007, but she was opening the show so that was big enough I think. In 2009 Ale should have undoubtedly gotten the bra, but like Adriana, she was opening the show so I guess VS figured that was good enough.

Really not sure why Marisa got the bra in 2009. I'm sure VS knew she was on her way out. I figured they probably thought she would carry it well because of her cup size, and she already had a decent amount of fame.

I just thought about this, but it's going to be a long time until a model of color wears the Fantasy Bra! Lais is really the only hope, but honestly, that could be many, many years down the line. If Doutzen stays with VS next year, she will DEFINITELY get the bra. Especially since she is going into outer space. I can already imagine the headlines. If Behati's wedding goes as planned, she could also be a huge contender. I just want Doutzen to wear that goddamn bra because she would look perfect in it.

Oh, I forgot about Selita/Kanye! That would have brought the company a lot of attention, and obviously they like the media attention with anne v/adam, bee/adam, lily/caleb, erin/leo, etc. Maybe it was because Marisa was a huge face on Sports Illustrated and she was a sex symbol to the public eye? I honestly don't know why they signed her since her time was so short, she only walked 3 shows, and her walk was horrid. As for Selita, her body was always a bit awkward to me. Like she had a short torso and super long legs, plus her attitude isn't the best. She got sued last year for attacking a woman and breaking her nose for talking to her boyfriend. I think that's a huge reason why VS denied her the ability to walk in their show one final time.

Adriana and especially Ale should have been before Selita and Marisa, just as Doutzen should have been before Candice no matter how much I like the latter. Adriana has much more of an exotic, sexy appeal than Selita did and Alessandra has a confidence and beauty, especially back in 2009 when she still had a bit of weight on her. I think that opening isn't a big facter, though. Adri opened in 2010 and wore the bra, but maybe that could have been because by then opening had lost some of its importance. It's sad that few people remember that Ale even opened, but the segment and her outfit were horrible so it's kind of a good thing.

I agree, but I have a bad feeling that Lais isn't going to become an angel. So many people thought Emanuela de Paula was going to become an angel because they used her back then just as much as they use Lais now, and then all of a sudden Chanel turned 18 and VS signed her almost at once because of her high fashion reputation. I love Lais, she's my favorite model, but VS is a bit unpredictable with who they sign now. As for a model of color wearing the fantasy bra, I think that it'll be almost as quickly as Marisa or Candice got it not only because I have a feeling VS will push their angel of color to the front to put the people who point it out at ease, but also to slighten the gap left between angels of color who wore the bra. Maybe that's another reason Selita wore it?

I would love to see VS hire an Asian angel and a redheaded angel. They're all beautiful, but there's never been representation for either aside from Cintia and she's never walked a show. Since they have a few spots open with Miranda, Chanel, and Erin gone (along with rumors of Ale leaving soon), I wonder who they'll sign to take up those spots.

VS gives the FB to the girls who will bring press. Selita was in a lot of gossip magazines when she got it, Marisa had just gotten an SI cover, Mirana, Alessandra and Adriana had just had kids. Had Behati gotten engaged sooner, she probably would have gotten it instead of Candice.

Re: Cara. IMO she's one of the girls where it's up to them if they want to be an Angel. VS is kissing her butt because she is famous, like Karlie and Chanel but I don't think she wants to be an Angel.

VS gives the FB to the girls who will bring press. Selita was in a lot of gossip magazines when she got it, Marisa had just gotten an SI cover, Mirana, Alessandra and Adriana had just had kids. Had Behati gotten engaged sooner, she probably would have gotten it instead of Candice.

Re: Cara. IMO she's one of the girls where it's up to them if they want to be an Angel. VS is kissing her butt because she is famous, like Karlie and Chanel but I don't think she wants to be an Angel.

I've heard her say that acting was a priority, just as Barbara has said before too but Barb has also said she dreams of being an angel. I agree on the Cara point where VS is just using her because of her fashion fame, but she has a lot of bad media to involving her drug incident earlier this year. I was really surprised she was in the show after that, but VS does whatever they want to. I think Cara, if she accepts, will most likely be an angel since Sophia loves her to pieces.

I feel like Doutzen has a higher chance of getting the FB solely because of so many people complaining. Just as it was with Ale. Too many people wanted her to get it, but I think if she didn't get it Candice would have gotten it last year for sure. Bee and Karlie are the two main runner ups because Bee has her connection to Adam and her sudden weight loss while Karlie has her MTV and high fashion connections. I don't think Lily has a shot at all because she's had her daughter and she's gotten married and she was still looked over.  So, I have a feeling Bee, Karlie, and Doutzen are the three candidates this year and Doutzen doesn't have that much of a chance.

I think Lais could happen soon. VS really seem keen on her I think they are just trying to test her out with the public. I reckon she could be getting that contract soon, but even so she won't get the FB for a long time. Hopefully Doutzen gets signed again because her contract is coming up for renewal soon. If she signs I think VS will hopefully give her the bra. She will bring some big press for when she goes to space. So that will be exciting.

Marisa had her three year contract with VS. It seems like she was in and out the door quickly but she had the regular three years just like Selita and KK did.

Predictions for the angel line-up for next year's show?! I wonder if VS will add any girls. They will definitely remove. Who would of thought that they would lose Erin and Miranda in 2013?!

The most "volatile" angel right now I think would be Lindsay. I feel like VS could cut the strings any minute. Candice and Lily I think are the ones who will last for a while. Karlie too. Behati for some reason I feel like she might ditch VS after she marries Adam. I have a feeling they won't add any girls except Lais.

Imagine if they did make her one, and I'm pretty sure she'd want it considering she did say last year something like "I've been working to get VS so it's great"

I doubt Cara will ever sign with VS. She has too much on her plate right now, she'll probably ask for a lot of money for a little time and won't make VS a priority.

See, she said she wanted to work with them and she has, however she never mentioned wanting to be an Angel as it has been the case with Sara, Lais, Barbara and I think Bregje.

I can honestly see the angel line up in 2015 (I'll give it a good year) being: Candice, Bee, Adri (I don't think she wants to leave), Lais, Karlie, Barbara, Lindsay, and Lily. I think Lily and Lindsay will be fillers for a while since they're both really good with press and interacting with the media and fans. However, Lindsay will get dropped pretty fast since she doesn't really have much attention outside of VS, and whenever she leaves I can see them signing one of the PINK girls - most likely Sara.

Selita was actually engaged to Nick Cannon when she got the bra. She didn't start dating Kanye until 2009-2010. I'm still confused as to how KK got it her second third year working for them. I know that she was everywhere in high fashion and had a few commercial campaigns around then, but was she actually known among the average viewer?

So Emanuela never got signed? I thought she signed but violated her contract by working with a different brand because I remember seeing this announcements:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FH6svQn8zag/SvHgeSl9_zI/AAAAAAAADuY/uus7ArusKXk/s1600/VictoriasSecret_NewAngels_EmanuelaDePaula_01.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FH6svQn8zag/SvHgeCWkhXI/AAAAAAAADuQ/NX_M3bd_RqI/s1600/VictoriasSecret_NewAngels_EmanuelaDePaula_02.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FH6svQn8zag/SvHgeSl9_zI/AAAAAAAADuY/uus7ArusKXk/s1600/VictoriasSecret_NewAngels_EmanuelaDePaula_01.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FH6svQn8zag/SvHgeCWkhXI/AAAAAAAADuQ/NX_M3bd_RqI/s1600/VictoriasSecret_NewAngels_EmanuelaDePaula_02.jpg

I would have thought they weren't fake because all the other four girls (Chanel, Lindsay, Candice and Rosie) went on to become angels.

As to Lais, girl's got real bad luck. I remember back in April Lais was supposed to have one of those store events but that got canceled because of the Boston marathon incident. I don't know if VS will sign her, but I do hope they bring some diversity to their angel cast...

I wish VS "groomed" girls to become angels more. I feel like they signed Karlie up so quickly because she's already famous (or at least more famous than other current models) and they are probably doing the same with Cara.

Please textlink or upload images onto a host instead of hotlinking. For more information click HERE. Thanks! ~post edited by PinkCouture

Edited by PinkCouture

I can honestly see the angel line up in 2015 (I'll give it a good year) being: Candice, Bee, Adri (I don't think she wants to leave), Lais, Karlie, Barbara, Lindsay, and Lily. I think Lily and Lindsay will be fillers for a while since they're both really good with press and interacting with the media and fans. However, Lindsay will get dropped pretty fast since she doesn't really have much attention outside of VS, and whenever she leaves I can see them signing one of the PINK girls - most likely Sara.

That doesn't look like a good lineup to me (sorry). Compared to the lineup we've started this year with (adri, ale, doutzen, miranda, erin, behati, candice, lily, lindsay)... I think this lineup was a very good one. And they better do something with elsa... she's 25 already.