Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Better than almost every recent commercial we have gotten :3

Love the commercial. HATE HATE Adriana's makeup. They made her look trannyish.

I actually think the commercial is quite subpar. Although it is different than most of the commercials we have seen recently, the outfit, poses, set, shots, styling and progression are all stuff we have seen in earlier years. And yes her make-up could have been better. Overall there are opportunities for improvement.

Another VS reject "Angel" trying to milk another 15 mins.of fame :cain:

Former Victoria's Secret Model Reveals Tough Childhood

Selita Ebanks leads a pretty glamorous life, but the former Victoria’s Secret model tells ABC News that things haven’t always been so easy. “My mom relied heavily on programs such as the Food Bank as well as other churches and organizations,” says the model, who now works with the Food Bank of New York City and is presenting at its annual Can-Do Awards Gala Tuesday night. “I lived in a community where it was very normal. We were all on food stamps and, if anything, the moms supported each other and told each other where to go and get assistance.”

In fact, especially in the summer, Ebanks, 30, says that she and her friends viewed the free meal program at their school as an excuse to socialize. “All the kids in the projects would go there: ‘I’ll meet you at noon at the school for lunch,’” recalls the model, who grew up in New York City and Florida. “My mom worked and wasn’t there, so it was a great place to make sure that we’d have a meal.” Ebanks, who spent a few months in foster care as a child, says that these experiences have inspired her to work with charities that provide for disenfranchised individuals–particularly, women and children. “My mom’s from the Cayman Islands and she’s the epitome of the American dream,” she says. “She didn’t want us to worry about food–or if the kids at school had L.A. Light sneakers and my shoes didn’t light up. My mom was a big go-getter.”

Now, Ebanks tries to give back to her family by cooking them elaborate meals (“I’m such a big foodie–for my dad’s birthday I made my own ice cream!), taking them on vacations, and, perhaps most notably, buying a home for her mother in Georgia. “I take great pride in being able to help my family out,” says Ebanks, who will be starring on the next season of the BET show, Househusbands of Hollywood. “It warms my heart and makes me feel like my mom’s hard work paid off.”

kmbz.com

I don't really see her trying to milk another 15 minutes. Based on what's said, she doesn't seem to be trading on the fact that she was a model for VS, or anyone else. She simply talks about her childhood, a charity she's now a part of and what she's been able to do for her family due to her success. Unless they took out the information where she was talking about working for the company it's simply a touching article showing her success and what she's done to give back to family and those who are in the similar situations she was as a child.

It seems the person writing the article traded more on the VS name to get hits for her article, then Selita did.

Only one who's going to say it *as always*, but Adriana's really starting to look her age, which isn't a bad thing (in the real world), however something seems off about her as a result, and yeah the video wasn't the most spectacular thing. :/

Agreed. Walking down the street I would probably give her a double take and say wow. She's still a stunning woman, but she is definitely starting to look her age, not to mention she looks tired. Maybe it was the wash over the video, or the editing, but she seems to be in the same boat we all said Miranda was in a few years back. Bored, tired and somewhat disinterested. Pose here. Look there. Sexy face. Are we done yet?

I don't really see her trying to milk another 15 minutes. Based on what's said, she doesn't seem to be trading on the fact that she was a model for VS, or anyone else. She simply talks about her childhood, a charity she's now a part of and what she's been able to do for her family due to her success. Unless they took out the information where she was talking about working for the company it's simply a touching article showing her success and what she's done to give back to family and those who are in the similar situations she was as a child.

It seems the person writing the article traded more on the VS name to get hits for her article, then Selita did.

Still find it shady how all of sudden she is letting people know. Not that there is anything wrong with food stamps and getting assistance from the government. Based on her past behaviors, things she has said, and the way she carries herself in general I am skeptical of her :/

The ending is what seems suuuper corny! Idk but I'm not a fan of her standing in that entryway and then throwing the cards! Lol eh....just glad to see a new commercial from her.

And I have been noticing recently that in candids she looks super young and fresh but when she is in print or for instance this commercial..the age comes through more. The makeup definatly isn't helping though lol

If the eye make-up was less deep & contoured differently (cat eyes were too sharp) and lighter on the blush, it would be better.

The ending was corny. The whole showing and throwing the card didn't work. You could barely see what was it. Perhaps if they did it similar to that gift card commercial Ale did many years ago it might have work.

I think they was TRYING to make it spectacular for her, but whatever the people are going to be so excited that she is in it, I bet not one person is going to notice the quality and all the other stuff going on.

As far as aging go, there are actually a few angels (and angel that was fired) that are also looking older and are aging. Atleast imo Adriana is aging the best.

Another VS reject "Angel" trying to milk another 15 mins.of fame :cain:

Former Victoria's Secret Model Reveals Tough Childhood

Selita Ebanks leads a pretty glamorous life, but the former Victoria’s Secret model tells ABC News that things haven’t always been so easy. “My mom relied heavily on programs such as the Food Bank as well as other churches and organizations,” says the model, who now works with the Food Bank of New York City and is presenting at its annual Can-Do Awards Gala Tuesday night. “I lived in a community where it was very normal. We were all on food stamps and, if anything, the moms supported each other and told each other where to go and get assistance.”

In fact, especially in the summer, Ebanks, 30, says that she and her friends viewed the free meal program at their school as an excuse to socialize. “All the kids in the projects would go there: ‘I’ll meet you at noon at the school for lunch,’” recalls the model, who grew up in New York City and Florida. “My mom worked and wasn’t there, so it was a great place to make sure that we’d have a meal.” Ebanks, who spent a few months in foster care as a child, says that these experiences have inspired her to work with charities that provide for disenfranchised individuals–particularly, women and children. “My mom’s from the Cayman Islands and she’s the epitome of the American dream,” she says. “She didn’t want us to worry about food–or if the kids at school had L.A. Light sneakers and my shoes didn’t light up. My mom was a big go-getter.”

Now, Ebanks tries to give back to her family by cooking them elaborate meals (“I’m such a big foodie–for my dad’s birthday I made my own ice cream!), taking them on vacations, and, perhaps most notably, buying a home for her mother in Georgia. “I take great pride in being able to help my family out,” says Ebanks, who will be starring on the next season of the BET show, Househusbands of Hollywood. “It warms my heart and makes me feel like my mom’s hard work paid off.”

kmbz.com

Thank you. Why people hate selita? I actually liked her as an angel and she was a great spokesmodel for their brand :cry2:

I say its better than the recent ones VS has been having, and yup the ending reminded me of 2003

Can someone post the video?

The 2003 backstage commercial with Gisele, Heidi, Dri, Ana etc, ?? I used to be able to find it on youtube but as of late I can't find it anywhere! Sucks because that's one of my favorite commercials EVER! Lol that is a good example of how to do a runway commercial....this one is a tackier version of that one lol funny because that one also included gloves and wings.

Edit. Thank you TKC :) yep that's how you end a commercial like that! Lol the throwing of the card seemed a little off lol.

I say its better than the recent ones VS has been having, and yup the ending reminded me of 2003

Can someone post the video?

The 2003 backstage commercial with Gisele, Heidi, Dri, Ana etc, ?? I used to be able to find it on youtube but as of late I can't find it anywhere! Sucks because that's one of my favorite commercials EVER! Lol that is a good example of how to do a runway commercial....this one is a tackier version of that one lol funny because that one also included gloves and wings.

This one, I think its actually based off this commercial, but just cheaper and not as good. And maybe because michael bay didn't produce it also.

As far as aging go, there are actually a few angels (and angel that was fired) that are also looking older and are aging. Atleast imo Adriana is aging the best.

I think she looked a lot older (and tired) back in 2010 than now, but that's just me.

THIS one, and Ironically it was Adriana who had that scene

Oh wow, I forgot about this. And now that I see it, I think it makes the newer one funny to see. 10 years later. Michael should've shot it at least because Adriana did her job, but you can only do so much with what you're given.

I think she looked a lot older (and tired) back in 2010 than now, but that's just me.

I agree about 2010. And about other Angels that aren't aging as gracefully. :ninja: