Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Hey guys! So over this past NYFW I got to meet and mingle a bit with some of the #TheNewestAngels and other VS models! I'll give you some of my impressions.

Also, my observations are based on my own encounters. Not trying to define someone's entire personality here.

(no picture because I hate how it came out haha)

Kate G - mehhh. I understand English isn't her first language but she wasn't friendly at all and was super reluctant to pose for a picture. She had a "whatever" attitude

309o6lx.jpg

Taylor Hill - So sweet! She was very humble and really friendly. Absolutely beautiful in person and very soft spoken. She glowed.

29ksz2d.jpg

Dani Braga - THE NICEST PERSON IN THE WORLD. She was soooo amazing with me. Bae for sure. We spoke for a bit and she's super smiley, energetic, and a bit loud lol. She gave me a hug and a kiss which was really sweet and above and beyond for a fan. Huge supporter of her now! 

25i8682.jpg

Cindy Bruna - Total sweetheart. She's soft spoken but super sweet and smiley.

6ed5hi.jpg

Blanca Padilla - On the quieter side but she's friendly. She so stunning in person too. A bit alien like actually!

345y244.jpg

Martha Hunt - Cool chick! She's really fun to talk to and super friendly.

2u91etk.jpg

Shanina Shaik - Great with fans! She's not very talkative but she's nice.

Nice, Gabe. I saw your IG a couple of day ago so I was looking forward to new pics and comments on BZ. Thanks for sharing! :flower:

Did you meet Irina Sharipova by any chance?

I tried to see Irina after Cushnie et Ochs but I missed her! Next time hopefully!

nice Gab did u saw Nina Agdal too  and Sara Sampaio?

Sara I've met and she's incredibly sweet and talkative. Love her. I haven't spoken to Nina but I've seen her a few times. From what I've heard she's very nice and fan friendly.

Took this shot of her though!

27wvex1.jpg

^ I would say The Weekend, Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez.

I feel neutral about The Weeknd, Nick Jonas and Selena Gomez. I actually like some Demi Lovato's music, I admit I was a fan since her Camp Rock days which I'm ashamed about now. I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

^ I would say The Weekend, Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez.

I feel neutral about The Weeknd, Nick Jonas and Selena Gomez. I actually like some Demi Lovato's music, I admit I was a fan since her Camp Rock days which I'm ashamed about now. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm pro Nick Jonas. But Demi and Selena can stay home. We don't need a disney reunion. BUT since Selena is Taylor's BFF and has a new song out there's a pretty big chance she'll be there. Seems like I'm gonna have to mute my TV.

I also think "Nelena" will be hollywood's next big PR couple. They both have albums coming out and have been a 'couple' in the past. The articles will be like "nick and selena saw each other at the vsfs and recandled their love!" And then we'll see them going on tripple dates with Joe, Gigi, Taylor and Calvin Harris.

[...] So how does a model land the high-paying pact? “The answer will surprise you–it’s how women respond to them,” says Ed Razek, chief marketing office of Victoria’s Secret, talking on the phone from parent company L Brands LB +0.00% home base of Columbus, Ohio. “We’re interested in appealing to women because women do 99% of the shopping in Victoria’s Secret.”

Though Angels have a reputation for being bombshells, Razek says he seeks models women aspire to rather than sex objects men salivate over. “All of these women would be the best looking girl any guy had ever seen–guys are easy,” Razek chuckles. “Women have to say, I want to look like that, I want to have that spirit or that confidence and strength.”

There isn’t an age limit for Angels. Adriana Lima is 34–senior by model standards–while current Victoria’s Secret model Taylor Hill is just 19. “Adriana Lima has consistently been supportive of younger models,” Razek says. “She doesn’t treat them as a threat or competition, she will answer any question for them.”

“There are rare athletes and rare models who have very long careers because they do the work, prepare and don’t take it for granted,” Razek says. He recounted a young model who was disappointed she didn’t make the show after appearing in it the previous year. When she asked why, Razek explained: “Every night I see a picture of you on Instagram from a club, night after night, and every night [while] you were doing that Adriana Lima was jumping rope for 3 hours.”

Ed's interview for Forbes. Here's the full article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2015/09/17/the-angel-life-how-to-make-it-as-a-victorias-secret-model/

Lily's at VS headquarters in Ohio. Anyone got a guess why? 

Taylor Swift is performing in Columbus tonight. The VS visit could be something for her to do until the show. Or it could be for Pelotonia like Pink said since Lily's gotten into bicycles this year and Lindsay is no longer doing it for VS obviously.