Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

That video proves what made VS spectacular in the past, the girls UNDERSTOOD how to move their bodies and sell sexiness.  

Look at EmRata in that video, she’s just standing there.  Of the new girls I actually think Paloma tried to do the best, the rest are literally doing nothing for the camera.  You compare this to the old what is sexy videos and you understand perfectly what VS tried to do here.  They just don’t make them like they used to. 

6 hours ago, Clauds said:

Same, can't believe we're back here :rofl: 

That being said, they really should have kept this with the actual Icons: Naomi, Dri, Candice & Gisele. The rest are just meh and far from icon status anywhere

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think they included the other models for diversity and inclusivity purposes.

It began when they dumped the VS Angels and started diversifying their models with different body types in an attempt to be more inclusive.  Also...

"On August 2, 2021, L Brands (NYSE: LB) completed the separation of the Victoria's Secret business into an independent, public company through a tax-free spin-off to L Brands shareholders."

I'm sure there were other contributing factors.

43 minutes ago, john.smith said:

Looking at VS stocks

looks like business has not been good in past years.

vs.png

Because a lot of women are against believing their models are in drugs, anorexia, bulimia... Now, in obesity...

And It is clothes business, not all products can like to everybody.

That video is about six months old, so she was still pretty much post-partum, it's not photoshop. She's in her 40s and had a kid, of course it's gonna take a while for her to get back in shape :idk: 

On 8/13/2023 at 5:49 AM, john.smith said:

Looking at VS stocks

looks like business has not been good in past years.

vs.png

Very interesting. They went from 80$ to now close to 20... such a downfall.

What do analysts say about the causes of this downfall?

9 hours ago, Siemgi said:

They missed the inclusivity shift (see Savage x Fenty...) and remained elitist/fantasy-driven for too long. Also their stuff is expensive

I agree. All this stuff they are doing comes off as being disingenuous, performative, and an attempt to be "woke". Their stuff are somewhat pricey but I believe another issue is often the quality doesn't match the price point. While they have increased their prices, the quality has declined.

^ the mismatch between quality and price seems to be a good argument. I can see why sth like this annoys the customers.

On the other hand, the "inclusivity" thing doesn't convince me that much. From a purely "marketing" perspective (meaning that we put aside any political views), it seems that getting woke divides the customers and sometimes bring up huge backlash (like for Budlight). :idk:

I can't see it as a good marketing strategy, but I'm not an expert of the lingerie market, so I'd be really curious to see what analysts said (even though sometimes, analysts don't know what they're talking about as well :laugh:)

I also don't understand the "elitist" argument. Don't the customers want to become a better version of themselves? Don't they want to dream about greater things?

(again, I don't know the lingerie market, so maybe there has been a shift and customers don't want that any more)

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

I also don't understand the "elitist" argument. Don't the customers want to become a better version of themselves? Don't they want to dream about greater things?

(again, I don't know the lingerie market, so maybe there has been a shift and customers don't want that any more)

It's moreso that they don't (or didn't) carry that many sizes so people went to brands which they feel represented them better. They kept their target too small.