Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

3 hours ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

I do not understand how anyone would want to be an angel at this stage with the brand. Literally......the new line up of angels failed to have any impact with the brand in terms of sales and recognition....but somehow adding 3-5 more would equate to new found success? You guys are delusional and even more delusional if you think this will help her career in anyway.

I couldn’t agree more. I love Barbara but she couldn’t have been an Angel at such a worser time for VS. The brand is hanging off the edge of a cliff and I wouldn’t be surprised if 2020 would be the last year of the VSFS. VS was really stupid doing the 10 New Angels nonsense, it had no impact on the brand whatsoever and made things worse. A solid Angel lineup should be 6-8 Angels MAX. The general public doesn’t even know any of the New Angels names (except maybe Taylor or Jasmine) because they’re bland and are not powerhouse models like during its Golden Era when the Angels were household names and were on the same level of actors/actresses in terms of success...I really hope Grace was smart enough to say no thank you to a contract. 

You all harp on about VS having no "household names" but the truth is... That's fashion nowadays. There are no "household names" anymore. Social media made it so that everyone is replaceable. While it is way easier to get your own 5 minutes of fame, it's increasingly harder to stay at the top for a long time. No current model is internationally known nowadays. The last supermodel appeared some 10/15 years ago, before social media was a thing.

Pretty much everyone has access to the internet nowadays. Why would a brand invest in 3 or 4 unapproachable spokespeople, pay them millions just for them to be adored by 10% of the population when they can have 15 girls, pay them way less, and get access to 90% of the same population?

When you  add in the fact that we now live in a politically-correct era, even all the Plain Janes you deem as so detestable have a place in advertisement/fashion/VS.

With that said, I don't understand how  they still don't have an Asian angel.

The real question is if VS does not have the budget to invest in their angels to make them a household name and produce viewership/sales....than what is the point of having angels at all if they are not benefiting from the title anymore? Especially, when their followers do not equate the sales, views, and "power."

EDIT: I do have hope for Barbara not because of VS but because Barbara has somewhat start power and presence.  

1 hour ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

spacer.pngCommercial paying more than HF? Myth. 

giphy-77.thumb.gif.bf1ddec0b8fa20ee3727c1cfcac58f57.gif

I'm still searching on a map to find the success of having 10+ angels as if people were going to take the time to learn any of these girls names and they still have not.

Beauty contracts, campaigns, etc. pay six figures too...similar to the same amount VS is paying to be an "exclusive" angel.  

EDIT:Taylor has a huge asian fan base by the way.

So going by that logic, a VS girl like Josephine who has a VS  angel contract and a Maybelline contract, has to make two or 3 times (probably more) more than a girl who has a beauty contract and does two or 3 fashion campaigns a season + some editorials.

That shouldn’t be hard to understand?

And yes Taylor has a huge fan base, thanks to VS.

Anyway, why are people on twitter claiming VS called Barbara P a plus size? VS might be so many things but I don’t recall them calling her that? Being SJW is so important to these people that when there is nothing out there to offend them, they start making up stuff

48 minutes ago, Corner said:

Anyway, why are people on twitter claiming VS called Barbara P a plus size? VS might be so many things but I don’t recall them calling her that? Being SJW is so important to these people that when there is nothing out there to offend them, they start making up stuff

Ikr... two days ago Barbara was trending on tw and it was all tweets saying that VS called her their first plus size angel. Seriously i can't believe they can't do a simple research before tweeting things like that. It all started with an article saying that Barbara was more curvier than the other angels and of course people that 0 reading comprehension changed everything... 

We know VS doesn't have the smartest team but they wouldn't dare to call her the first plus size angel... they are not that dumb 

VS never called Barbs plus size and Ed Razek would probably rather die than use those words in a statement, based on his controversial (yet awesome interview, sue me), it's just the media being trash as per usual.

Also, commercial gigs have ALWAYS been better financially than HF, literally models themselves have said HF pays very little or not at all, or sometimes they give you free clothes as payment which may sound great but ain't no good to pay bills, yall really think so many big models are in the H&M catalogs because they like their products? Nope, it's because H&M pays big cash for their catalog shoots, hence why they can affors all the VS and more.

Lais is one of the girls i recall saying she wanted VS because as mentioned, also provides financial stability in an industry where one day you are IT and the next day you are a nobody. It also means you'll work less but probably get exposure because say what you want but have you ever heard in the news who is the new Chanel/Fendi/Gucci girl? Nah mate, no one gives a flying fuck, Alexina and Barbara however, got more social media + news outlets mentions in the past two weeks than the average HF girl will get in a year.

There's plenty of reasons why most of models always mention VS and beauty brands as their main career goals: money, exposure, stability, more opportunities. VS obviously doesn't have the impact it used to have, but it's still the biggest gig literally in the world a model can aspire, as much as I love Savage, no one gives a damm about their campaigns unless Riri is in them and most of people can't even name nor remember who was in their campaigns. I dare you to try to remember who was in the last HF campaigns or even La Perla, AP ... no one knows and no one cares enough.

I'm super happy that Barbara is an angel now. Not happy about Alexina, but it is what it is. I think the next angel (and I hope the last) will be Grace. Alexina did post back in November 29th pic of her with Barbara and Grace. Not sure if that was a sign or not. 

9 hours ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

Grace do not become an angel until they get rid of 7-10 angels in the lineup.

Vs need prepape for Candice departure. I actually see some new angel will leave or drop after Candice as well. Behati Washington already leaving.I don't know if she walk this year. Taylor ,Grace, Aiden are pretty young. They can do swim, lingerie, and pink line.

8 hours ago, Clauds said:

VS never called Barbs plus size and Ed Razek would probably rather die than use those words in a statement, based on his controversial (yet awesome interview, sue me), it's just the media being trash as per usual.

Also, commercial gigs have ALWAYS been better financially than HF, literally models themselves have said HF pays very little or not at all, or sometimes they give you free clothes as payment which may sound great but ain't no good to pay bills, yall really think so many big models are in the H&M catalogs because they like their products? Nope, it's because H&M pays big cash for their catalog shoots, hence why they can affors all the VS and more.

Lais is one of the girls i recall saying she wanted VS because as mentioned, also provides financial stability in an industry where one day you are IT and the next day you are a nobody. It also means you'll work less but probably get exposure because say what you want but have you ever heard in the news who is the new Chanel/Fendi/Gucci girl? Nah mate, no one gives a flying fuck, Alexina and Barbara however, got more social media + news outlets mentions in the past two weeks than the average HF girl will get in a year.

There's plenty of reasons why most of models always mention VS and beauty brands as their main career goals: money, exposure, stability, more opportunities. VS obviously doesn't have the impact it used to have, but it's still the biggest gig literally in the world a model can aspire, as much as I love Savage, no one gives a damm about their campaigns unless Riri is in them and most of people can't even name nor remember who was in their campaigns. I dare you to try to remember who was in the last HF campaigns or even La Perla, AP ... no one knows and no one cares enough.

I would agree with this, if we’re talking about 10+ years or so ago.  But the relationship between HF and commercial is much more complicated today.   Having a stronghold in HF will often lead to high-paying commercial work.  Think of the likes of Kendall, Gigi, Bella, Karlie, Cara, Irina, Joan, and Kaia —each of whom could crush any current VS angel (and probably all of them combined) in terms of financial power.  HF and commercial are not necessarily completely unconnected to each other.  Today, HF lends a kind of prestige and power that opens doors to the commercial big bucks.

It’s true that HF models aren’t showcased in the way that VS models are groomed, but then again HF operates on a completely different method; they don’t concern themselves with grooming models at all.  100-year+ fashion houses like Chanel, Louis Vuitton, or Gucci don’t depend on any one single model to sell their luxury items, which will sell billions on their own.  There’s a reason why the biggest names in the modeling industry will line up to walk for HF for free or next to nothing.   HF is about the designs and the designer, whereas VS is more bound to its models.

Having a VS contract from the Golden Era was like striking gold when the pay was in the millions and the models were superstars, but since then, there undoubtedly has been a decline.  VS models do still get stability and exposure, but the 100k salary or whatever that it has dwindled down to means that there are other routes to modeling and financial success.  At this point, having a VS contract seems to offer middling stability.  But given that the brand is sinking fast and how alarmingly their operating income has been shrinking, combined with the fact that they have made so many missteps in the past decade, there seems to be a growing stigma associated with VS for its increasingly low-quality, teen-bopper, and sometimes kind of tacky products and image.  Whether they can turn this ship around will be interesting to see in the coming years. 

9 hours ago, Clauds said:

Perfectly summed up what I was too lazy to type. Another thing is, a VS angel would go by a higher paying rate than regular models for the same jobs. They also have side gigs like sponsored post on Instagram because  of their followings.

Say what you must but their angels sleep well at night knowing that their bank accounts are loaded.

1 hour ago, Aurora Dawn said:

I would agree with this, if we’re talking about 10+ years or so ago.  But the relationship between HF and commercial is much more complicated today.   Having a stronghold in HF will often lead to high-paying commercial work.  Think of the likes of Kendall, Gigi, Bella, Karlie, Cara, Irina, Joan, and Kaia —each of whom could crush any current VS angel (and probably all of them combined) in terms of financial power.  HF and commercial are not necessarily completely unconnected to each other.  Today, HF lends a kind of prestige and power that opens doors to the commercial big bucks.

It’s true that HF models aren’t showcased in the way that VS models are groomed, but then again HF operates on a completely different method; they don’t concern themselves with grooming models at all.  100-year+ fashion houses like Chanel, Louis Vuitton, or Gucci don’t depend on any one single model to sell their luxury items, which will sell billions on their own.  There’s a reason why the biggest names in the modeling industry will line up to walk for HF for free or next to nothing.   HF is about the designs and the designer, whereas VS is more bound to its models.

Having a VS contract from the Golden Era was like striking gold when the pay was in the millions and the models were superstars, but since then, there undoubtedly has been a decline.  VS models do still get stability and exposure, but the 100k salary or whatever that it has dwindled down to means that there are other routes to modeling and financial success.  At this point, having a VS contract seems to offer middling stability.  But given that the brand is sinking fast and how alarmingly their operating income has been shrinking, combined with the fact that they have made so many missteps in the past decade, there seems to be a growing stigma associated with VS for its increasingly low-quality, teen-bopper, and sometimes kind of tacky products and image.  Whether they can turn this ship around will be interesting to see in the coming years. 

The point is, it is universally accepted that VS isn’t where it once was and that includes not offering mega contracts like 10 years ago. That however doesn’t mean that the angels are receiving peanuts for salary. Most of them are satisfied with it enough to know that it is an easy way to make money and it’s a job you can do for years.

I also very much doubt that Kaia makes as much as the angels or the people you grouped her with.

I also have to disagree with hf success opening doors for commercial gigs. I mean to some extent it’s true but Gigi, Bella, Irina’s success in high fashion is solely because they were popular commercial models and it was then that high fashion realized that using girls that have mainstream popularity/Instagram numbers would be good for brand visibility/marketing. That’s literally the only reason Kendall and Gigi are everywhere today. And why Kate Upton was booking covers like Vogue Italia

Karlie was a high fashion darling and she was very successful in that area but the general public didn’t know who she was. Her real commercial  success came when she signed with VS (and of course friended Taylor Swift).

There are a lot of successful high fashion model who still haven’t transitioned to the commercial world, at least not successfully.

See someone like, Freja or Edie Campbell 

Grace is literally the only one model who succeed both in HF and commercial modelling in last 2 years. After VSFS16 she suddenly walked 30 shows when season before she walked for some basic brands that doesn't count that much. Working for VS didn't stop people like Steven Meisel to put her image on Vogue Italia cover. It depends on a model, some of those who turned into commercial, almost completely disappeared from HF, for example Jac. She became VS favourite and stopped doing A list HF shows like Valentino and she was like a muse for them for so many seasons. Grace basically started with VS, cannot forget her video when she announced she walks the shows for the first time. She changed a lot since that time but I am pretty sure she wouldn't resign from such contract , maybe only if that collides with Estee Lauder. 

1 hour ago, Corner said:

The point is, it is universally accepted that VS isn’t where it once was and that includes not offering mega contracts like 10 years ago. That however doesn’t mean that the angels are receiving peanuts for salary. Most of them are satisfied with it enough to know that it is an easy way to make money and it’s a job you can do for years.

I also very much doubt that Kaia makes as much as the angels or the people you grouped her with.

I also have to disagree with hf success opening doors for commercial gigs. I mean to some extent it’s true but Gigi, Bella, Irina’s success in high fashion is solely because they were popular commercial models and it was then that high fashion realized that using girls that have mainstream popularity/Instagram numbers would be good for brand visibility/marketing. That’s literally the only reason Kendall and Gigi are everywhere today. And why Kate Upton was booking covers like Vogue Italia

Karlie was a high fashion darling and she was very successful in that area but the general public didn’t know who she was. Her real commercial  success came when she signed with VS (and of course friended Taylor Swift).

There are a lot of successful high fashion model who still haven’t transitioned to the commercial world, at least not successfully.

See someone like, Freja or Edie Campbell 

Pretty much. You can't compare Kendull, The Hadids and their clique with other HF models because let's face it, they became HF models because of their commercial/social media success otherwise they'd be stuck selling Sherri Hill dresses. Also, when models have had to choose between walking a HF show like Chanel cruise almost all of them have chosen VS, this has actually happened multiple times and unless the models are close friends of a designer (see Cara D). There's no way in hell Freja, Edie Campbell, Anna Ewers ever made anywhere near as VS models. Again, VS is obviously not giving those seven figures contracts but it's at least six figures and your average HF gig may be 1K or free, building a good HF career can take years and you still won't make it big outside the industry you get lucky by dating/befriending someone famous (see Karlie Kloss) or getting a big contract, meanwhile successful commercial models who then jump into HF make more money from the exact same gig after just getting lucky with VS (see Elsa Hosk), SI (see Kate Upton) or some viral video (see Em Rata).

VS is probably no longer the highest payig job but it's most likely still a Top 4 company along with L'Oreal, Estee Lauder and Maybelline. 

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

D). There's no way in hell Freja, Edie Campbell, Anna Ewers ever made anywhere near as VS models. Again, VS is obviously not giving those seven figures contracts but it's at least six figures and your average HF gig may be 1K or free

These girls easily make more than VS if they books few top campaigns a season. Why do you think girls like imaan and anna  who are perfect for VS have no interest? It’s restrictive and the money’s not good enough. They’ll make The same amount doing a few perfume frangrance shoots. Whereas someone like Martha hunt who gets little to no work outside the pittance of VS makes nothing. It’s no longer an aspirational gig to successful models because it’s not worth it. Those who are barely known yes or very commercial like Barbara but grace will be an anomaly if she takes it especially that cheap