Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

5 minutes ago, Sanni said:

I do think it’s surprising that Taylor was one of the two Angels who didn’t get anything special (opening/closing/Swarovski outfit/Fantasy Bra) at the show. VS even planned to give a closing to an ex-Angel… I dunno if there was a problem with timing with Taylor but I believe no one pegged her as being one of the Angels who would inevitably be left out since there weren’t enough special spots for the number of Angels.

My little headcannon is giving Kate the segment close was them sending her off  & I think it might've been her last show? Idk haha

It surprised me as well with Taylor because she's easily the NA with the highest profile... I guess in hindsight (save for Jo) they just flipped it from last year which I didn't expect. 

6 hours ago, Clauds said:

Here are my best bets for 2018:

- Behati is never coming back

- Lily is done with VS

- Candice will walk the show but it will be her last

- Alexina Graham to be announced as the new Angel around spring

I agree that Behati is completely done with VS. To be honest, she kinda burned out in the high fashion world and I doubt she is gonna try to get back to VS, so I think she might be done with modeling overall. Being a mom is time-consuming with one child alone, so I bet she is completely fine staying at home with her kids. 

I think Lily will probably stay for her 10th show and exit gracefully, but without many photoshoots. I think Candice is probably gonna be back for the show, but based off of how crucial she is to campaigns, I assume that VS will beg her to stay and she'll probably give another two years or so. Candice is one of their cash cows, so she's not going down without a big celebration. Seeing how next year will probably be about Lily if she leaves and Adriana has the 2020 show, either 2019 or 2021 will probably be her last. Might be my hopes more that fact, but that's how I see everything going down.

I honestly have a lot of doubt that Alexina will be made an Angel. Ed went this crazy about other girls who dropped quickly after (remember Alannah Walton?). I think Kelly and Grace have better chances anyways. Seeing how Ale's gone, VS needs to hit gold again and I doubt Alexina can be that, especially if she only has a few years with the brand, since she's almost 27. I could see Kelly being a big marketing tool, since she's young, well rounded in the fashion world and expandable, and one of the few famous South Asian models (she's Half Indian). Grace is already huge in high fashion and can only get bigger. Either would be smarter Angel contracts than Alexina. 

5 hours ago, VSDiaries said:

I wanted to leave this here in case someone else finds it as curious as I do/worth discussing: 

I looked at the runway screentime each angel got this year and there was a massiveeee editing bias on Blanca Padilla in what was an otherwise uniform distribution of screentime. 
She received more runway screentime than half the Angels (including Adriana). 
She was the only model getting this preferential treatment (Also worth noting she was one of the first models onto that casting board.

I know the VS store is opening in Spain... but when you consider screentime/outfits, to me VS made Blanca a higher priority than most NA. 

(Side note: the other outlier was Taylor who was fairly marginalised in editing)

(And was also last in casting board order but I never worked that order out so I guess it means nothing.... 

Blanca is definitely gonna be an Angel in a few years. I remember watching the casting video for this year and the way that Ed, Sophia, and Monica lit up when the saw her gave me the impression that they will be head-over-heels for her. She got some of the best outfits, was featured a lot backstage, and had a interview during the aforementioned casting video. No way they don't do something with her in the next few years, especially if they are expanding to Spain. I bet Robin and Roos will probably be big contenders as well. 

In terms of Taylor, it's hard to tell whether she'll stay for much longer. She's huge outside of VS, anyone who's seen her Instagram can tell. She just isn't that great of a model, which makes her harder to market as well as someone like Candice or Adriana. I think VS has noticed this and used her less because of it. I think Martha, Taylor, Kate, and Jac were supposed to be their big players, but Josephine showed up and Jasmine, Elsa, Sara, Romee, and Lais did better than expected, even though I have pegged them as the better Angels from the get go. Kate and Jac obviously didn't work out. Martha started off strong, but fell short in some areas of her role after the Taylor Swift friendship hype died down. That leaves Taylor to carry a lot of weight that the other girls clearly usurped from her. Hence why she got good outfits this year (they know she's beautiful and can pull off most anything), but they didn't give her anything significant. 

Part of me wants to think that they don't want to oversaturate the public with Taylor, since she's featured on various international covers and does many high fashion campaigns and runways, but that justification falls short when referring to Josephine or Candice circa 2012 - 2014. 

4 hours ago, VSDiaries said:

My little headcannon is giving Kate the segment close was them sending her off  & I think it might've been her last show? Idk haha

It surprised me as well with Taylor because she's easily the NA with the highest profile... I guess in hindsight (save for Jo) they just flipped it from last year which I didn't expect. 

I assumed the same from Kate. I think VS knows she deserves bigger things, but the inability to expand her into international prominence due to the language barrier and the short window they had with her age made her virtually impossible to transform into a marketing spokesmodel. I bet they'll give her a closing next year if she goes to castings and drop her after. That's what I had in my plan/fantasy/hope :smile:

1 hour ago, JROCK177217 said:

In terms of Taylor, it's hard to tell whether she'll stay for much longer. She's huge outside of VS, anyone who's seen her Instagram can tell. She just isn't that great of a model, which makes her harder to market as well as someone like Candice or Adriana. I think VS has noticed this and used her less because of it. I think Martha, Taylor, Kate, and Jac were supposed to be their big players, but Josephine showed up and Jasmine, Elsa, Sara, Romee, and Lais did better than expected, even though I have pegged them as the better Angels from the get go. Kate and Jac obviously didn't work out. Martha started off strong, but fell short in some areas of her role after the Taylor Swift friendship hype died down. That leaves Taylor to carry a lot of weight that the other girls clearly usurped from her. Hence why she got good outfits this year (they know she's beautiful and can pull off most anything), but they didn't give her anything significant. 

Part of me wants to think that they don't want to oversaturate the public with Taylor, since she's featured on various international covers and does many high fashion campaigns and runways, but that justification falls short when referring to Josephine or Candice circa 2012 - 2014. 

I totally agree about taylor. Taylor has a good look, but she just don't know how to use them. She is not a great model, she just has a great look. Her work inside and outside of VS is boring. If she was less attractive she'd get more shit. I mean VS has proven themselves to push an angel because they have a good look but they are also usually atleast more talented or they may try hard, but atleast they try lol. Half of the work I look at taylor, and I am like," did she even try?"

Not really sure if she is huge though. Its alittle bit easy to be popular on social media than being famous in general. Taylor has the look perfect for social media popularity, and she knows how to use that on social media, so its no shock she is big on there. But You don't see her on actual news and gossip sites like you do real huge models. She is just IG popular and she is doing her thing in HF too I will admit. But pop culture wise, she isn't that big at all, so I wouldn't call her huge. I'd call her popular. That explains why she gets alot of likes on her photos, but she still doesn't have the most followers. Because she actually isn't that famous

I am actually more shocked that Sara didn't become what Jo is now.

I can't really predict what will be happening in VS. I do have a feeling Behati will not return. I don't think NEXT year will be candice's last year, but I don't see her exceeding over 15 fashion show appearances. Basically I'd give her 2-3 more years max. I actually don't see lily leaving soon. I mean she seems pretty happy with the brand and vice versa.

With both Candice and Behati being pregnant again I don't see Lily leaving after this year, tbh. It would be a good time for her to since it'll be her 10th show but I don't think it's going to happen. I think Behati will probably come back for one last show this year (assuming she's not pregnant again) to fulfill her contract. Candice will probably have a contract similar to Ale's where she does a few random things throughout the year and walks the show now.

I don't see VS putting Candice in Ale's position lol. I don't see her even wanting to deal with that herself, like I don't think she is going to want a very extensive career. I think she is gonna want to "spend more time with her kids" and focus on family quicker. Esp since she plants to live in Brazil now.

16 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

With both Candice and Behati being pregnant again I don't see Lily leaving after this year, tbh. It would be a good time for her to since it'll be her 10th show but I don't think it's going to happen. I think Behati will probably come back for one last show this year (assuming she's not pregnant again) to fulfill her contract. Candice will probably have a contract similar to Ale's where she does a few random things throughout the year and walks the show now.

I assume Lily will take her opportunity to go out on top, rather than fade into the background like Lindsay or Erin did. Lily is rising in the high fashion world and I can see her be as successful as Doutzen if she is able to efficiently move from her VS career into a full high fashion focus. She just needs a famous campaign to put her on a higher level immediately after VS and she could rack up jobs. She would be one of the only girls to do 10 shows, which is a pretty big deal in itself, finish her VS career strong, then proceed to pursue different jobs that will give her more exposure. 

Behati ain't coming back. She had a good run, but everyone's over her. Everyone claimed that Jac had another show to fill her contract but sis hasn't been mentioned since 2015.

I think Candice actually enjoys shooting with VS, which is why I don't see her doing the "Ale vacation forever" lifestyle and only showing up for shows and a shoot every nine months. I don't see her shooting as frequently as the New Angels, but her campaign work this year convinces me that she will maintain a more fulfilled Angel contract.  

14 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

I don't see VS putting Candice in Ale's position lol. I don't see her even wanting to deal with that herself, like I don't think she is going to want a very extensive career. I think she is gonna want to "spend more time with her kids" and focus on family quicker. Esp since she plants to live in Brazil now.

I agree that Candice probably won't spend many more years with the brand, but I think her final years will be filled with more campaigns and contributions to the brand, which can be argued to equal the work Ale put in. She may not walk for 17 years, but Candice will definitely finish strong with 12 or 13 shows. If VS decides to host the show in Brazil (which would be my dream), I can see Candice sprinting in high heels with two babies in her arms to walk that runway.

15 minutes ago, Diorsfashion said:

I don't think alexina will be an angel she's 27 that's a bit late 

Elsa was around the same age when she was contracted. Martha was 26 at the time, so it's not unreasonable. I just don't think she's angel material in the first place, so the age certainly doesn't help. 

31 minutes ago, GlitterAndWings said:

If I'm not mistaken, Taylor was meant to close Goddesses, but because of the last minute segment switch she was unable to, especially since her second outfit included a lot of jewellery. Had they kept the original segment order, Taylor would've definitely closed that segment. 

So basically, she was supposed to close a segment, but lost her opportunity and the girl who took her place ended up closing the entire show. Talk about downgrading. 

21 minutes ago, JROCK177217 said:

So basically, she was supposed to close a segment, but lost her opportunity and the girl who took her place ended up closing the entire show. Talk about downgrading. 

Pretty much. It was rather unfortunate.

Armando was adamant there were some 'backstage secrets' he couldn't speak of that caused Vanessa to be the one closing...

12 minutes ago, Sanni said:

EWW!!! Was the dressing room quarantined for fumigation? :O_O:

We sprayed some Lysol in the dressing room but we couldn't make it obvious b/c it was during store hours and we didn't want to make a scene. All the people working that shift were furious and disgusted. Someone (not me, thank goodness)  had to put on gloves to remove them (like 2 or 3 pairs) from the dressing room,  fill-out paperwork, and report it to the company.  The "damaged" item were  then put into plastic bags or something and thrown out into the dumpster instead of the regular trash. And of course we use disinfectant to wipe down the counter where the paperwork was done and when the store was closed we did a more thorough cleaning. It was so disturbing!!!