Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

They just hired 10 new Angels out of the blue, which included several girls who had literally worked for VS twice before signing the contract. I'd consider that pretty outlandish. Nothing VS does re: Fantasy Bra this year will surprise me. Look at Doutzen. Seniority means nothing to VS, or Candice wouldn't have gotten the bra before her.  I agree that it'll probably be Bee, or Candice, but it's not unreasonable to say they'd give it to Elsa considering how much they've been using her, or like Prettyphile suggested, multiple bras again for the anniversary. 

It's not that outlandish when you recall that they signed 6 totally new girls all at once in 2009 (Rosie, Candice, Lindsay, Erin, Lily, and Chanel). Lily, Chanel, and Erin at the time had barely worked with the company prior to getting signed. They pretty much took that formula and added a few more girls.

And can you really say that VS doesn't care about seniority? It's clear that they don't base their decisions purely on seniority as they also factor in each models' popularity at the time. But, they've never chosen a total newbie to wear the bra in recent times. (You can argue Selita and Marisa I guess, but that was over 6 years ago).

If they have one of the newbies wear it, I'll be pretty shocked. Especially since none of the new girls have the star power that the FB choice usually commands. Marisa at the time was mega popular with the SI crowd and Selita was dating Nick Cannon (lol). If it comes down to star power, the next in line is Behati and/or Lily.

I honestly think Doutzen may have gotten the bra last year if she weren't pregnant.

They have chosen a girl who wasn't even an Angel to wear the bra. I agree it's unlikely, but you can't say that it's impossible or will never happen, which is what you did. In terms of popularity, I would say Elsa or Sara are very close to catching up to Bee or Lily. Sara has SI and her Carl's Jr commercial, opposed to Bee, who got married a year ago which people aren't really talking about it anymore. Elsa has had one of the strongest burst of follower growth on Instagram since the Angel announcement, which shows that people are really responding to her well. It's not crazy to think that VS would use the Fantasy Bra to push one the new girls, and try to help them obtain that star power~.

I still think it's Candy or Bee, but literally nothing they do will surprise me.

They have chosen a girl who wasn't even an Angel to wear the bra. I agree it's unlikely, but you can't say that it's impossible or will never happen, which is what you did. In terms of popularity, I would say Elsa or Sara are very close to catching up to Bee or Lily. Sara has SI and her Carl's Jr commercial, opposed to Bee, who got married a year ago which people aren't really talking about it anymore. Elsa has had one of the strongest burst of follower growth on Instagram since the Angel announcement, which shows that people are really responding to her well. It's not crazy to think that VS would use the Fantasy Bra to push one the new girls, and try to help them obtain that star power~.

I still think it's Candy or Bee, but literally nothing they do will surprise me.

This. The public is clearly responding well to both Elsa and Sara especially and if we're using Instagram as some kind of measurement, both girls aren't too far behind Behati and Lily as far as followers go, and they each reached the 1m milestones without being an angel for the majority of the time. 

I agree it's probably going to be Behati (or Candice), but I would not be shocked at all if they gave it to someone like Elsa. 

Last year they shot the Fantasy Bras in September. Who was the photographer?

I know Dimitrios Kambouris was there, but I'm not sure if he photographed the girls or just photographed behind the scenes.

I still think it's Candy or Bee, but literally nothing they do will surprise me

That was over a decade ago and still, Karolina had some type of catalog contract with them back then. Either way, I'd be very suprised if it isn't Behati this year, assuming they only do one bra.

Last year they shot the Fantasy Bras in September. Who was the photographer?

I know Dimitrios Kambouris was there, but I'm not sure if he photographed the girls or just photographed behind the scenes.

Victor Demarchelier.