Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

^ I've seen people learn new languages well into their 40's. You're theory has no merit!

It's your.

omg. They spelled her name wrong again LOLOLOL

on their site, Kate Grigorienva

on the video, Kate Gregorieva

MESSSSSS

Technically the right spelling is Екатерина Сергеевна Григорьева anything else is an approximation in a different alphabet.

It´s always a little mess when spelling the Russian names in different language (I guess Chinesse and Japanesse names are the same trouble??). It´s easier for Slavic languages (like Slovak e.g.) - it´s literally Jekaterina Sergejevna Grigorjeva - the syllables sound the same now in Slovak and in Russian, but English does not have this "soft j" - nor the "hard r". G is pronounced like g in great.

I guess the most approximate is Kate Grigorieva :idk:

for anyone interested, you can hear her name pronounced here at 0:24/0:25 Irina Sharipova i Katja Gregorieova :)

The bombshell commercial is really sexy. I think all 3 girls look amazing.

I really hope they release a 30 second one to show the girls more. They usually do but they didn't do that for the Dream Angels collection.

I have

The bombshell commercial is really sexy. I think all 3 girls look amazing.

I really hope they release a 30 second one to show the girls more. They usually do but they didn't do that for the Dream Angels collection.

VS pr has been lagging it. The main purpose is to put the word out that's why they spend so much money. Their bombshell commercial hasn't hit the TV waves yet they decide to name bombshellsday and stuff

I'm honestly appalled at how awful this generation of models is at talking. Everyone sounds super forced, with the exception of Taylor, Sara, and Romee. They all look dead behind the eyes too.

You can say what you want about Adriana, KK, and Ale's English, but at least they hammed it up for camera and appeared fun to be around. They worked with what they had and were personable. Adriana sounds more genuine in a 2000 interview than Martha the American does now.

Like damn if your whole job was about looking good and talking well, you would think they would have the other half down by now! These girls have absolutely nothing on the charisma the models of the 2000's had.

Did anyone watch Martha's BombshellDay video? It's actually worse than Kate's haha.

"Karaoke because it's our favorite...thing..to do." WTF she sounds like she's stuttering to talk.

https://instagram.com/p/2JT7kAGlYC/

You mean because she enunciates each word? That's not stuttering that's proper English but alright...

I'm honestly appalled at how awful this generation of models is at talking. Everyone sounds super forced, with the exception of Taylor, Sara, and Romee. They all look dead behind the eyes too.

You can say what you want about Adriana, KK, and Ale's English, but at least they hammed it up for camera and appeared fun to be around. They worked with what they had and were personable. Adriana sounds more genuine in a 2000 interview than Martha the American does now.

Like damn if your whole job was about looking good and talking well, you would think they would have the other half down by now! These girls have absolutely nothing on the charisma the models of the 2000's had.

Here is the number 1 problem. You just gotta stop comparing these girls to the girls that came before them. The early 00s generation of VS girls was different to the girls that are there now. No one will be like Adriana. The times were different too. Just because girls like Martha aren't jumping around and acting a fool doesn't mean she lacks charisma. She just doesn't do that stuff. Every person is different. Obviously VS knows that. Girls like Sara, Elsa, Behati seem to be more like that. Then there's girls like Martha, Jasmine, Lais etc who seem more reserved. VS has different girls and different personalities. I think that's a good thing.

I don't get the perfect English and the need to have American accent. It never bothered me at all hearing models talk decently in English with an accent.I find that more interesting and intriguing than girls who are fluent with American accent.

It's so cute seeing Adriana etc talk. I don't feel the same about girls like Karlie. Her ENglish is perfect and everything but i don't feel connected.

At the end of the day, it's how you project it, not how much you know it.

I don't get the perfect English and the need to have American accent. It never bothered me at all hearing models talk decently in English with an accent.I find that more interesting and intriguing than girls who are fluent with American accent.

It's so cute seeing Adriana etc talk. I don't feel the same about girls like Karlie. Her ENglish is perfect and everything but i don't feel connected.

At the end of the day, it's how you project it, not how much you know it.

No one is saying they need to be perfect. Alessandra or Elsa while not native speakers are still able to think on their feet and provide thought out answers when promoting a product on live TV. Kate can't even recite pre-fed lines properly, how do you think she's gonna fare if she's sent to an event? That's the issue.

^ Exactly, no one is asking them to have master in English or something. But the fact that she can't even say her pre-fed lines makes you wonder if they can even send her to do PR

The mid-late 2000s is still to me is the most memorable of the past ten years and where it was most interesting with all the promotional work & the quasi-supermodels.   I guess those days are long gone, and the 2010s lineups will be chosen & promoted for reasons that I'm no longer in touch with.

I feel the same way about the HF modeling talent these days.  Models are getting more and more 'forever teenaged'.