Bellazon

Kylie Bisutti
Thumbnail

teacup

• 2 months later...

Sigh, I just read the completely absurd synopsis for her book and, lemme tell ya, it's one thing to be a fashion model reject and then its another to win a contest and THEN realize that u aren't cut out for it.

Look, I applaud her effort to try and make a positive in a cut-throat industry like fashion modeling, but if she can't make it work for her then I don't understand how she can write all these "inspirational" anecdotes and tell others what losers they can be. I wonder if there's a chapter on all the plastic surgery she got on her ginormous FAKE chest. And I wonder if there's a chapter that talks about how terrible her walk was at the VSFS 2009 (it was super awful).

And what about the models that have become super famous and have cut their teeth in modeling? Is she trying to say that the success they warrant isn't earned just becuz they had to "give up their beliefs"? Those girls had to sacrifice a lot to become what they are, something I'm sure Kylie knows nothing about....

In contrast, Miranda Kerr wrote a book about the same thing and she overcame her obstacles without making herself look like a fool. Now look at Miranda, she's got millions and she married an elf! Kylie should read THAT book instead and take some fucking notes. Hell, even someone like Cameron Russell has a better message for girls than Kylie and she's all successful!

"...ultimately the modeling industry's job is to sell sex." (p.21)
"I was being paid to tease, tempt, and tantalize men." (p.228)

5zKXz.gif

What makes me sad is that the book is getting good reviews from it's buyers

eidi Alfonzo rated it 5 of 5 stars
A must-read for girls (and adult women). This book is absolutely flawless in its prose and its message is uplifting, clear and loving.
For a 23-year-old, Kylie Bisutti shows extreme conviction and maturity, which, as a result, her testimony is convincing and solid.
Regardless of the reader's religious beliefs, this book focuses on the values that women should uphold. That is, to me, quite empowering.

Gabrielle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Wow! What a book! I first heard about Kylie when she was on Good Morning America--sharing her story of how she walked away from being a Victoria's Secret model to becoming a role model. But in "I'm No Angel," Kylie goes deeper into the story. She shares about the negativeness and dark sides of modeling, of how she compromised her convictions by making "excuses"--and how the Lord changed her heart.
It is also intriguing to her what her husband, Mike, thought of the entire thing. Not all guys want...more

GabrielleJo rated it 5 of 5 stars
When I first saw Kylie Bisutti’s biography I’m No Angel I got excited about having the opportunity to read how God changed her life and the inspiration and encouragement she was going to deliver. I also knew that I was going to find out about the modelling world, but what I read really opened my eyes. Beauty really is pain. I can’t remember how many times I have envied the models I see in magazines. They just all look so pretty that I wanted to be like them. Not in the serious way, just imaginar...more

y2Zwk.gif

she just wants to be famous anyway possible. she is and will always be a basket case. if you let others control you and change you, you are weak. only the strong and smart survive this business. obviously, she wasn't either. she didn't have the body to be high fashion. she should have just went commercial and become an ecommerce girl. she choose to go for all that lingerie work. there are models like coco rocha who stuck to their principles and made it through. there are plenty of commercial types who don't do lingerie or men's magazines. Kylie wanted to be famous at all costs. Now that her career didn't go the way she wants, she is blaming everyone.

Also Pink Couture is 100% right. The conservative movement in america flocks to the internet making commments on everything and everything. Just look at youtube.

Can't agree more ^

No one on earth would buy her book, if it weren't for her name dropping a far more successful name in the process. The girl was never successful pre,during nor after VS. She wasnt heard of in a couple years. Seems she tried at modeling ( with her very God like Maxim shoot), and it wasnt working out, so she caught another scheme for her 15 mins.

her supporters are crazy ladies who were going on other supermodels facebook pages condemning them for not quitting modeling and valuing their bodies like "supermodel kylie" has/does.:rofl:

Can't agree more ^

No one on earth would buy her book, if it weren't for her name dropping a far more successful name in the process. The girl was never successful pre,during nor after VS. She wasnt heard of in a couple years. Seems she tried at modeling ( with her very God like Maxim shoot), and it wasnt working out, so she caught another scheme for her 15 mins.

her supporters are crazy ladies who were going on other supermodels facebook pages condemning them for not quitting modeling and valuing their bodies like "supermodel kylie" has/does. :rofl:

Everything in this. Agreed.

Just a note: Many, if not most 5-star reviews on Amazon are planted there by the authors themselves with dummy accounts or friend, family, and social/professional network requests.  That's why so many amazon 5 star reviews resemble advertisements.   The content and the numbers of reviews are few enough for her book (60-ish) to assume that only a fraction of these amazon posters actually posted reviews in an honest way.

Also, uncredited ghostwriters who do the busywork are affordable to hire and it's unlikely that this person or most published celebrities for that matter really wrote a book.  They have taken part in its creative process but it's a self-promotion act that's just one part of their 'real career' as a public person.

I think people who give her so good reviews doesn't know who she really is. They doesn't know that she was never an Angel, that she did like 5 photoshoots in her whole life :) and that she's just an attention whore. It's sad that they believe her because there are already too many people that think that model is almost a prostitute...     :mad:  :mad:

Kylie Bisutti Modeling Over, Felt Like ‘A Piece of Meat’ http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/23661-kylie-bisutti-modeling-gave-up-modeling-because-she-felt-like-a-piece-of-meat/

I'm afraid she's right. A few years back several people who knew the fashion industry first-hand (I'm not going to say names) assured me there was too much SHIT on there.

And...she's back! :cain:

Ex-Victoria's Secret Model's New Clothing Line Displays Bible Verses

Former Victoria's Secret model Kylie Bisutti has launched a new clothing line that seeks to bring the Word of God back into public schools by actually displaying Bible verses on jeans, tops and accessories. "God Inspired Fashion is all about spreading God's word everywhere and making it easier for Christians to share their faith and God's love. And that's really what the world needs right now," said Bisutti in a statement on God Inspired Fashion's website.

Bisutti partnered with Angie Frost, CEO of the company, to break ground in a saturated fashion market with the intent to help reverse the current moral decline in schools and society. Both women believe a correlation exists between the removal of God's word in the public school system and the deterioration of the American family unit.

"Public schools can set a dress-code for their students, but dress codes (except when uniforms are required) cannot restrict students from expressing their faith through their clothing," said Frost in the statement. "As Christians we are called to share the Truth with everyone. Approaching people in the street may be difficult for some, but when you wear God's word and people approach you about it, sharing your relationship with God becomes easy."

The purpose of using Bible verses on clothes is not only to spread the gospel but the company says it could also be the first introduction to God's word for some children. In addition, God Inspired Fashion wants to address the problem of school violence through their apparel.

"Bullying is also a big issue for many of the students in our country and if anything can change a bully's heart, it's God's word," said Stevi Baker, director of God Inspired Children's Clothing, in a statement on company's website. Along with Baker and Ford, Bisutti hopes her platform can jumpstart a revival among believers who will sport the clothing line, which is aimed primarily at children, but also is available for men, women and toddlers. The new project is Bisutti's way of staying relevant in the fashion industry since she left the modeling world after beating out 10,000 girls to win a Victoria's Secret model search competition in 2009. In her tell-all book released in May, I'm No Angel: From Victoria's Secret Model to Role Model, Bisutti describes her struggles in the past for a chance at her big break into the cut-throat fashion industry that she ultimately gave up to pursue a new life in God.

qxx2ipX.jpg0Re6qJM.jpg

UmVkNPt.jpg
christianpost.com