Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

Divide and conquer!

News outlets like CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, NYT, Huffington Post, etc are all biased to fit their political narrative and don't report the facts unbiased.

I don't rust Facebook at all, I'm still on the fence with Google and Twitter.

Weird times we live in.

19 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

^ My words exactly when Tucker called for DACA recipients to basically be deported out of sheer bigotry and his closet racist attitude towards hard working immigrants who hold advanced degrees, businesses, supporting the USA as every wave of immigration before has. That partisan hack is what needs to be booted out rather then those who have worked hard and honestly to achieve their goals and aspirations! Fire with fire !

"Fire with fire": I've never liked this way of dealing with people who have different opinions.

A better way of seeing things: sheathe the beast we all have within ourselves, disagree strongly with others if needed, but keep the beast sleeping until it's really needed, which is for dealing with really bad people. And someone who has another opinion is NOT a bad person.

This right/left opposition can be good for fruitful debate, but these days, it makes people tear each other for every disagreement. That's what's really wrong.

For the rest, I'm just a foreigner, I don't know all your US politics (I just know your one sided media contaminate ours with their bigoted political correctness and that's boring).

6 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

"Fire with fire": I've never liked this way of dealing with people who have different opinions.

A better way of seeing things: sheathe the beast we all have within ourselves, disagree strongly with others if needed, but keep the beast sleeping until it's really needed, which is for dealing with really bad people. And someone who has another opinion is NOT a bad person.

This right/left opposition can be good for fruitful debate, but these days, it makes people tear each other for every disagreement. That's what's really wrong.

For the rest, I'm just a foreigner, I don't know all your US politics (I just know your one sided media contaminate ours with their bigoted political correctness and that's boring).

People can't have rational discussions anymore which I think is attributed to technology and the younger American generations not learning & knowing how to talk to other people especially ones with differing opinions. The left prides itself being diverse as long as you're diverse like them. The right is overall anachronistic in their line of thinking and need to get with the current  times. Needless to say it's a divide and conquer tactic to fuck over their citizens even more.

6 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

People can't have rational discussions anymore which I think is attributed to technology and the younger American generations not learning & knowing how to talk to other people especially ones with differing opinions. The left prides itself being diverse as long as you're diverse like them. The right is overall anachronistic in their line of thinking and need to get with the current  times. Needless to say it's a divide and conquer tactic to fuck over their citizens even more.

8 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

You know what sir, I am not fond of such a tactic either but ever since Trump was elected, our country has entered a whole new era of politics. Where lies and distortion are fact or he literally pulls out a random thought and publishes it as truth. Trump even uses FOX News as his ideas chest which has led to a sort of "state run media" we have never seen in modern US history. He promotes violence and hatred to those who criticize him. And what's worse, the Republican party as a whole aside from a few individuals have been spineless to confront his obvious lies, corruption, and complete disregard for anything held up to a high moral standard.

At this point I wish healthy debates were the norm but Trump has literally created a small minion army of followers who follow his every move and word and nothing can bend their stance even when faced with the obvious truth with mounds of evidence to back it up. There are many already seeing this as a sort of cold civil war brewing within and I thought it was just a far fetched cry of those who are delusional in their own political discourse but I fear to some extent that this could be a small possibility as many Trump supporters have stated they are ready to fight the "liberal agenda" with blood! :ninja: 

And as far as that one-sided media goes, FOX News is the one to blame. Yes other giant media outlets from NBC, ABC, and CNN offer their own biases at times. But nothing even comes close to the propaganda machine that is Faux News and their blatant lies and distorted facts :pinch:

This is why I can't wait for November to vote. The only way to regain a solid foothold again is for Democrats to regain the House and Senate to stop Trump and his many minions from hijacking out country as they have been doing. And a small note to add, I can't stand our two party system but there is no question that Republicans are out to destroy much of the progress made in the last 60 years!

17 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

You know what sir, I am not fond of such a tactic either but ever since Trump was elected, our country has entered a whole new era of politics. Where lies and distortion are fact or he literally pulls out a random thought and publishes it as truth. Trump even uses FOX News as his ideas chest which has led to a sort of "state run media" we have never seen in modern US history. He promotes violence and hatred to those who criticize him. And what's worse, the Republican party as a whole aside from a few individuals have been spineless to confront his obvious lies, corruption, and complete disregard for anything held up to a high moral standard.

At this point I wish healthy debates were the norm but Trump has literally created a small minion army of followers who follow his every move and word and nothing can bend their stance even when faced with the obvious truth with mounds of evidence to back it up. There are many already seeing this as a sort of cold civil war brewing within and I thought it was just a far fetched cry of those who are delusional in their own political discourse but I fear to some extent that this could be a small possibility as many Trump supporters have stated they are ready to fight the "liberal agenda" with blood! :ninja: 

And as far as that one-sided media goes, FOX News is the one to blame. Yes other giant media outlets from NBC, ABC, and CNN offer their own biases at times. But nothing even comes close to the propaganda machine that is Faux News and their blatant lies and distorted facts :pinch:

This is why I can't wait for November to vote. The only way to regain a solid foothold again is for Democrats to regain the House and Senate to stop Trump and his many minions from hijacking out country as they have been doing. And a small note to add, I can't stand our two party system but there is no question that Republicans are out to destroy much of the progress made in the last 60 years!

Trump is no saint and Fox News is biased, that's for sure. But Hillary Clinton was no saint and CNN, MSNBC (and many others) are biaised as well. They all defend their narratives and their views, with little concern for the truth. They're all propaganda machines.  MSNBC is just a mirror of Fox (not worse, not better).

Sure, there are some crazy people in the right wing, but there are the same ones in the left wing as well. And on both sides, people want some blood. :/ Everybody sees the extremes of the other side, but there are extremes on both sides. I'm sure we're all aroused by our unreasonnable media (and political figures, left or right, are part of the media now).

I think we live in very strange times. :/

18 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

:yes:

5 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Trump is no saint and Fox News is biased, that's for sure. But Hillary Clinton was no saint and CNN, MSNBC (and many others) are biaised as well. They all defend their narratives and their views, with little concern for the truth. They're all propaganda machines.  MSNBC is just a mirror of Fox (not worse, not better).

Sure, there are some crazy people in the right wing, but there are the same ones in the left wing as well. And on both sides, people want some blood. :/ Everybody sees the extremes of the other side, but there are extremes on both sides. I'm sure we're all aroused by our unreasonnable media (and political figures, left or right, are part of the media now).

I think we live in very strange times. :/

The fact you equate CNN & MSNBC to FOX News really shows how little you know about our media outlets and rightfully so. You did mention you were not from the USA and I will tell you this, FOX is on a whole other category of its own. I agree that each network has its own biases and agendas to push. But FOX literally spews forth racist narratives, bigots strewn about, and they promote actual conspiracies as factual truths and the amount of lies they roll out as stories are on a number far greater than all other networks COMBINED!  FOX truly is the propaganda machine you label the others as. They are an actual threat to our national and world stability to due the fact that Trump has connections with many at the FOX news network and gladly takes up whatever advice many there have to offer :ninja:

Once again we are talking apples and orange here! And yes, I will once again agree with you that crazies strewn about on both sides but its the scoop and severity that differ here to a great extent. You have one side that openly embraces racist attitudes, lack of tolerance for the LGBT community and all minorities. A huge number think climate change is a hoax with no scientific basis :ninja: They think healthcare as a right as some sort of communist ploy but they are willing to root for a defense budgets that is larger than the next 5 largest countries combined :pinch: I am sorry but the right wing of our country thru its actions has been more about destroying our environment, the healthy livelihood of our people, have no regards for our resources when a dollar is to be made. They could care less about adapting and welcoming change due to their phobia of "white America" disappearing when it's in perfect shape along with everyone else as we are a country made of immigrants!  So if you equate that to one side fighting for police brutality and the disproportional incarceration of minorities to their white counter parts, the establishment of new clean energy alternatives to ween ourselves off from our dirty methods of energy production, universal health coverage, affordable college education, invest in our infrastructure, the regulation of banks and their shady practices... if you see the right and left as being the same... you really have yet to see or even study our countries political climate and its issue from one party to the next!

And we do not live in strange times, we live in what I just explained above and we perfectly know who is to blame now and what needs to be done! The strange part is people seemingly willing to lump up Republicans with Democrats when they are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum with what they stand for as a party!

QUICK NOTE TO ADD: Thank you for the healthy and civil discussion thus far. At the very least I know I can discuss political events and etc. without worrying about the nastiness that might come of it with many. For that, I have greater respect for you! :yes:

On 8/30/2018 at 3:53 AM, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

The fact you equate CNN & MSNBC to FOX News really shows how little you know about our media outlets and rightfully so. You did mention you were not from the USA and I will tell you this, FOX is on a whole other category of its own. I agree that each network has its own biases and agendas to push. But FOX literally spews forth racist narratives, bigots strewn about, and they promote actual conspiracies as factual truths and the amount of lies they roll out as stories are on a number far greater than all other networks COMBINED!  FOX truly is the propaganda machine you label the others as. They are an actual threat to our national and world stability to due the fact that Trump has connections with many at the FOX news network and gladly takes up whatever advice many there have to offer :ninja:

I still have my doubts. I've watched several videos of your Tucker, and he seems like a reasonnable guy (and TBH, I kinda like his style). Sure, he pushes forward arguments that the other side may not like. Sure, this Fox TV channel doesn't seem very serious, but TBH, I don't see any of the mentionned channels as serious :cain: (what annoys me the most in your US channels is how much ads there is, it's like they force-feed you...).

You're right, I don't know much about MSNBC, but I remember seeing a TV show, where the host cried to make an argument and I really dislike this type of methods.

I definitely like the US TV show "Last week tonight", because I think it's serious and funny at the same time (+ the topics are original and I like the host), but it's the one of the few good ones I know (together with your Tucker guy as well :cain:).

Don't worry, our French channels (who used to be good 10 years ago) are just as bad as yours now. There's only a handful of shows I like now. The rest is mostly garbage (and we have more and more ads.... must be the wind coming from the Atlantic :laugh:)

Once again we are talking apples and orange here! And yes, I will once again agree with you that crazies strewn about on both sides but its the scoop and severity that differ here to a great extent. You have one side that openly embraces racist attitudes, lack of tolerance for the LGBT community and all minorities. A huge number think climate change is a hoax with no scientific basis :ninja: They think healthcare as a right as some sort of communist ploy but they are willing to root for a defense budgets that is larger than the next 5 largest countries combined :pinch: I am sorry but the right wing of our country thru its actions has been more about destroying our environment, the healthy livelihood of our people, have no regards for our resources when a dollar is to be made. They could care less about adapting and welcoming change due to their phobia of "white America" disappearing when it's in perfect shape along with everyone else as we are a country made of immigrants!  So if you equate that to one side fighting for police brutality and the disproportional incarceration of minorities to their white counter parts, the establishment of new clean energy alternatives to ween ourselves off from our dirty methods of energy production, universal health coverage, affordable college education, invest in our infrastructure, the regulation of banks and their shady practices... if you see the right and left as being the same... you really have yet to see or even study our countries political climate and its issue from one party to the next!

Once again, I'm not the expert of the US, I can talk through my French vision, but I think that there is a general trend in the West, so there might be some strong similarities.

I think that people have resigned themselves to thinking that the socio-economical power of their politicians is low (even if they don't like it). Also, the economical thinking of most parties is aligned (economical liberalism, with very thin nuances).The politicians, to really differentiate themselves, talk more and more about societal topics (immigration, LGBT, environment, etc.) and the left use more and more identity politics.

About the environment (which is an important topic about which I care a lot and we probably agree on this one), I think that the left parties are very bad at defending it. They use a moral argument, which is not needed at all. There are economical reasons to care for the environment, health reasons, etc. People would be more effective if they stopped using the environment as a proof to justify their moral high ground.

About LGBT, it's important to defend these citizens (like all citizens), which is what nearly all Western countries do. Just compare it with any developing country. Also, they represent a small fraction of the population, so I don't think it's supposed to be a key subject (and I don't think that building toilets for transgenders has any use or that forcing people to use certain pronouns has any use). I think that sometimes politicians who push forward these issues are a little bit snobbish, because it's not really a concern for the general population (the middle class, which should be heard) and even for the LGBT people (I'm not taking about the lobby, but the people).

About immigration, it's a complicated subject, not that easy to discuss without going into the details (and doing it country by country). But I've watched shows with your Tucker guy and when he defends the fact that laws should be enforced, he's perfectly right.

And we do not live in strange times, we live in what I just explained above and we perfectly know who is to blame now and what needs to be done! The strange part is people seemingly willing to lump up Republicans with Democrats when they are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum with what they stand for as a party!

Your Republicans have been dying to take the power in 2016, so they will defend their champion whatever happens. And your Democrats are dying to get the power back, so they will defend whomever ensures their victory in the near future (even if Big Brother Zuckerberg is their candidate).

QUICK NOTE TO ADD: Thank you for the healthy and civil discussion thus far. At the very least I know I can discuss political events and etc. without worrying about the nastiness that might come of it with many. For that, I have greater respect for you! :yes:

Well, thanks. :heythere: Likewise.